• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: The Resurgence

Yes, vicious creatures they are. Ran into one a few years back, and it almost took me leg clean off. Lucky I had my baby gun that day or I'd be a goner.

So, I thought there weren't any benders any more. I thought that the whole dream and upbringing of the Avatar was to bring benders back. Am I wrong?

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki said:
I will change if @Miss Ditzy also think so.
[QUOTE="Miss Ditzy]This left the art of bending pretty much forgotten about completely. The history of before the war became lost in time as well, since any written records were destroyed during bombings.

[/QUOTE]
She thinks so, quoting the overview

Last edited by a moderator:
Key word is "pretty much" also there is this:

[QUOTE="Miss Ditzy]benders were either massacred or discriminated and forced into hiding, never to be heard from again.

[/QUOTE]
It is not beyond the realm of possibility that there may be some benders remaining or that there are those who want finish the job.

Yes, that means nobody knows about them, so nobody searches for them and -nearly- all info is lost

Alright guys so I guess I should clear all this up. Basically- yes, the art/knowledge of bending has been lost/wiped out from the public. There are those (like the very heads of the Neo Republic Nations' government) who do know about bending but keep it secret from everyone else. Benders aren't gone completely, though they have become extremely rare after all the discrimination and massacres. Those who are benders (like our characters for example) don't know they can even bend but they were still born with the ability to do so. The government is using the powers it has to rally up people who are possible benders because they see them as both valuable and dangerous. They see them as people who are dangerous if they rebel but can be used as excellent "weapons" when conditioned correctly under their care. The government only knows the legends about the avatar and believes the last one ended the cycle. So what @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki is doing is fine... (as long as they don't know the avatar is there yet. :P )

Anway I hope that clears stuff up and now that I have your attention I just want to let you guys know about a little rule about posting before we get too into it. There won't be a strict posting order (since that would take FOREVER with this many people) but I do ask that you wait for at least 2-3 people to post after you before you post again. Since it seems we're all in different sorts of timezones it's best we at least give people the chance to get posts in.

My reaction...

ure4x0.gif

I kid and hope you get the reference.

Cool cool. Glad we cleared that up. I was just asking because I read through it again after seeing @ThatGuyWithSouvlaki , and there was the obscure "pretty much". I just wanted to get the facts straight. And that Ace Ventura gif is amazing btw.

Can I change my characters name, cause I did a little research on it and I'm pretty sure Akio is a girls name.

Kirko said:
Can I change my characters name, cause I did a little research on it and I'm pretty sure Akio is a girls name.
Well... I just googled it and only founded male anime characters :P

But guess @Miss Ditzy wont have a problem with it

Savagai said:
Well... I just googled it and only founded male anime characters :P
But guess @Miss Ditzy wont have a problem with it
Oh, maybe I somehow spelled it wrong? Those four letter words are hard. ;) And thanks @Miss Ditzy for the approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back