Chitchat Anyone else here a fan of Star Trek?

lol. Not what I imagined. But I mean, the OG series Star Trek was pretty easy on the makeup with their klingons.

Like I had stated before, TNG Klingons are where it's at for me, personally. And I guess DS9 they were pretty much the same look/attitude.
I know Worf touching a little on the differences between the OG Klingons and TNG Klingons during a DP9 episode. Don't remember if he hinted at disease or genetic engineering gone wrong. Basically ended with him saying they don't talk about it with outsiders. But I do agree, TNG Klingons with there custom crafted language (that you could learn at Harvard for a short time) is where it's at. ^_^

I know Worf touching a little on the differences between the OG Klingons and TNG Klingons during a DP9 episode. Don't remember if he hinted at disease or genetic engineering gone wrong. Basically ended with him saying they don't talk about it with outsiders. But I do agree, TNG Klingons with there custom crafted language (that you could learn at Harvard for a short time) is where it's at. ^_^
yeah, there is something in their history where a genetic disease caused some klingons to lose their forehead ridges. Basically, Star Trek's version of not disincluding old lore and trying to link it to (then) current lore. Now... bridging the look and culture from TNG.DS9 into Discovery? Dunno how they are gonna explain that one. They just kinda glossed it over in the online MMO (or at least, I don't recall any kind of real explanation). I think maybe there was a temporal thing at best.

Last edited:
Oh, and despite how very brief their appearance was in the AU movies (Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto/Simon Pegg/Karl Urban/Anton Yelchin/etc.), the klingons from THAT iteration looked pretty badass!

tumblr_p3w45pvCvQ1tfp9kdo2_400.jpg

yeah, there is something in their history where a genetic dideade caused some klingons to lose thir forehead ridges. Basically, Star Trek's version of not disincuding old lore and tryng to link it to (then) current lore. Now... bridging the look and culture from TNG.DS9 into Discovery? Dunno how they are gonna explain that one. They just kinda glossed it over in the online MMO (or at least, I don't recall any kind of real explanation). I think maybe there was a temporal thing at best.
Had to look that up. 😟 That makes me want to cry. Stop changing the way they look!!!
That was a Klingon?? Thought he looked simulator but I didn't make the connection.

The real reason was shown in Star Trek Enterprise. The original series Klingons looked like that due being infected with a strain of the human augments.

It's actually a really cool Arc that also explains the differences between Original and TNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back