[Across the States and Back!] Relationships!

NessieAlways

da bomb diggity
Relationships

This will be a place where you and another member come up with a background story for your characters.

Ex.

Me: What if my character, Jane Doe, met John Doe at a picnic in the seven grade. They were in the same group and they talked for hours and hours.... *tags person who created John Doe*

At the end of discussion relationships with all characters, I'll make a table and list all of the back stories.

• Hannah: Having a diabetic cat named GiGi she's a regular at the veterinary clinic and has always liked Hannah. She was always so nice and she appreciated her understanding of Gigi's not so nice tendencies.

Anabelle:

Hunter: Hunter saved her from going home with an unsavory guy at a party, even though she was pissed at Hunter for interfering she was grateful for it after learning the guy's true reputation once she was sober.

Hieu:

Evelyn: Her unofficial library friend. Quite fond of reading herself she often goes to Evelyn for advice on buying a new book or borrowing one

Maude:

Carlos: When she was in her modeling phase she did manage to get a small gig in her senior year and ended up being paired up with him for a set.

Li:

Esben:

Jerylin: Felice has known Jerylin since elementary school and they used to hang out quite a bit, having the same circle of friends so they would occasionally see each other at sleep overs and became friends via that. And though they're not best friends and drifted apart during high school, they have an unspoken mutual understanding. Jerylin has seen Felice's ups and downs and develop into who she is today. But they know if either one of them ever needed anything the other one is only a phone call away.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Trignome, @NessieAlways, @Mademoiselle

This is completely random, but I want to start establishing relationships

Otherwise Hei will be forever alone.....

I was thinking that Hei and Li met each other through a site where artists could display their work (Ex. DeviantART). Then they would eventually see each other sometimes, or have met in person. It'd be awesome if we could do something like that! :3

Since Hei is a big fan of DC Comics and Marvel, I was thinking him and Jerilyn could have met at a Comic Con or something (if she goes) :3 And they become friends, yay!

I was thinking Hei and Anabelle could have met at the Starbucks she was a barista at. They could have talked about their art careers and maybe became friends! Well, for Anabelle, she still isn't sure of her career, but they could still talk about it! Even ifHei wants to become a doctor.

Tell me what you think and if you want to go along with this! :3 You don't have too, but I'm just throwing this out here!

@LuckyMisfortune

I personally like the idea of the DeviantART connection, but based on my character's rather reserved nature when it comes to showing people his work, I'm not sure if he'd post his photography/songs on a public, community site like DeviantART... (Curses, why do you hate people, Lilililililili? Why?)

But seriously, I'm concerned with Li's solitary tendencies. It's going to be difficult to get any sort of background story with anyone. Nuuuuu...I really want to know your character though...it'll be an Asian dream team! The cynical, lazy, sharp-tongued, reclusive, street-wise Asian, and the book-worm, academically gifted, sweet, hard-working, insecure, innocent Asian. (Ha, now that I think about it, this would be a hilariously interesting friendship. Would the two even BE friends...? >_<)

In any case, Lucky, we MUST find a way to get these two to meet! *sings* There's always a way, if only you can belieeeve! (That's not an actual song, by the way. :P )

BrokenStrings said:
So @LionsForLambs and I have agreed, if it's okay, for our characters to be twins. My character, of course, once I have created her, which I am doing now!
This is fine! Go ahead!

LuckyMisfortune said:
@Trignome, @NessieAlways, @Mademoiselle
This is completely random, but I want to start establishing relationships

Otherwise Hei will be forever alone.....

I was thinking that Hei and Li met each other through a site where artists could display their work (Ex. DeviantART). Then they would eventually see each other sometimes, or have met in person. It'd be awesome if we could do something like that! :3

Since Hei is a big fan of DC Comics and Marvel, I was thinking him and Jerilyn could have met at a Comic Con or something (if she goes) :3 And they become friends, yay!

I was thinking Hei and Anabelle could have met at the Starbucks she was a barista at. They could have talked about their art careers and maybe became friends! Well, for Anabelle, she still isn't sure of her career, but they could still talk about it! Even ifHei wants to become a doctor.

Tell me what you think and if you want to go along with this! :3 You don't have too, but I'm just throwing this out here!
I like the idea of meeting at a Comic Con! Maybe Jerylin fought Mei for a limited edition comic and after a great auction between the both, the comic was given to a fat kid with rich parents who just signed away 6 zeros for the comic and thus Jerylin and Mei became friends with a common enemy, the fat rich kid!

@NessieAlways

Maude and Jisa would likely have met sometime during Jisa's time selling baked good or working at the take-out restaurant, provided that they were in the same area. Hard to build character relationships given that I'm not 100% sure where everyone was and when. :/ Anyhoo, any thoughts on that?

On a less character specific note, some of these people might only know each other through other friends on the road trip (.i.e. Maude would certainly not be hanging in the same circles as Charlie), so what if some of them never actually met in person before? And what if there was like a Facebook group where they all made plans and stuff, so some of the relationship backstories are cybernetic?

@BrownBear

I noticed Carlos likes to cook, and well for Maude it's her whole life, cooking. That's something they could probably bond over. The only thing is, I can't see them possibly having any history together prior to the road trip because Maude just wouldn't normally go around the military or the stoner type, let alone both combined. How about they only know each other vaguely through friends-of-friends until the road trip?

@YoungDreamer

I can see Maude begging Esben to let her borrow his mini-BBQ. And she'd certainly enjoy engaging in some of his more minor dare-devil stunts with him as she's an energetic and adventurous person. Let me know if you'd like to brainstorm some backstory together.

@Trignome

Given that Maude is indeed obnoxious at times, she and Li will not likely get along. However, she would also always be willing to make him sweet or spicy foods, so there's that. And anyway, both of them don't really care much for school and would rather pursue what many would view as silly dreams, so there's that too. Your call on helping me brainstorm some kind of history for them or not. :D

@Bombielonia

I get the feeling Maude wouldn't know what to make of Eve. One minute she would be thoroughly annoyed with her and the next her maternal instincts would be flaring. I could see them having some kind of love-hate, you pick on me and I subject you to Shakespearean monologues type friendship. Let me know if you'd like to plan something out!

@LuckyMisfortune

Hei would ignite ALL TEH MATERNAL INSTINCT-UUS in Maude. He'd get upset about something and get all cold and distant and she'd be like HERE LET ME MAKE YOU FOOD. Not sure how he would take said maternal instinct of course. Let me know if you want to brainstorm a history between them!

@LionsForLambs

Maude is technically older than Hunter, but she'd probably look up to him in a way because his optimism is exactly the kind of thing she needs to hear on occasion. And anyway, since he seems to like the outdoors Maude would probably try to coax him into a sport scrimmage or at least a hike together so she wouldn't have to work out alone. Thoughts?

@Mademoiselle

Well, Ana and Maude are sharing a bed so it might behoove us to make a pleasant history between them! Maybe they're good friends? Shoot me a PM and we can talk over some ideas!

@asduskfalls Charlie will certainly be happy to meet Maude in person. I like your reasoning and you are correct in everything you said.

asduskfalls said:
@NessieAlways
Maude and Jisa would likely have met sometime during Jisa's time selling baked good or working at the take-out restaurant, provided that they were in the same area. Hard to build character relationships given that I'm not 100% sure where everyone was and when. :/ Anyhoo, any thoughts on that?

On a less character specific note, some of these people might only know each other through other friends on the road trip (.i.e. Maude would certainly not be hanging in the same circles as Charlie), so what if some of them never actually met in person before? And what if there was like a Facebook group where they all made plans and stuff, so some of the relationship backstories are cybernetic?

@BrownBear

I noticed Carlos likes to cook, and well for Maude it's her whole life, cooking. That's something they could probably bond over. The only thing is, I can't see them possibly having any history together prior to the road trip because Maude just wouldn't normally go around the military or the stoner type, let alone both combined. How about they only know each other vaguely through friends-of-friends until the road trip?

@YoungDreamer

I can see Maude begging Esben to let her borrow his mini-BBQ. And she'd certainly enjoy engaging in some of his more minor dare-devil stunts with him as she's an energetic and adventurous person. Let me know if you'd like to brainstorm some backstory together.

@Trignome

Given that Maude is indeed obnoxious at times, she and Li will not likely get along. However, she would also always be willing to make him sweet or spicy foods, so there's that. And anyway, both of them don't really care much for school and would rather pursue what many would view as silly dreams, so there's that too. Your call on helping me brainstorm some kind of history for them or not. :D

@Bombielonia

I get the feeling Maude wouldn't know what to make of Eve. One minute she would be thoroughly annoyed with her and the next her maternal instincts would be flaring. I could see them having some kind of love-hate, you pick on me and I subject you to Shakespearean monologues type friendship. Let me know if you'd like to plan something out!

@LuckyMisfortune

Hei would ignite ALL TEH MATERNAL INSTINCT-UUS in Maude. He'd get upset about something and get all cold and distant and she'd be like HERE LET ME MAKE YOU FOOD. Not sure how he would take said maternal instinct of course. Let me know if you want to brainstorm a history between them!

@LionsForLambs

Maude is technically older than Hunter, but she'd probably look up to him in a way because his optimism is exactly the kind of thing she needs to hear on occasion. And anyway, since he seems to like the outdoors Maude would probably try to coax him into a sport scrimmage or at least a hike together so she wouldn't have to work out alone. Thoughts?

@Mademoiselle

Well, Ana and Maude are sharing a bed so it might behoove us to make a pleasant history between them! Maybe they're good friends? Shoot me a PM and we can talk over some ideas!
Jisa sold baked goods when she was little, so they could have known each other from infancy =) Maude's parents could have been friends with Jisa's mother, so Maude would come over to Jisa's house and teach her how to bake. That's when Jisa started to bake on her own and start selling her goods on the side. When they grew up and Jisa worked for the fast food place Maude could have been her regular customer =)

@asduskfalls Maybe she answered a student casting call or something for a short film.. in the woods. Could be how you met the sister, if I ever gets around to creating her...

@asduskfalls

Oh and about the whole not knowing everyone...I'd like for everyone to have a back story even if its...

"I met so and so at a party because my friend BLANK introduced us."

Can my character know none of you guys except from the "facebook group" I was thinking more along the lines of that you guys had another guy you were close to, but he had family stuff to attend to and so that friend sent me in his place. since everything was already paid for. Kinda just running along @asduskfalls mutual friend thing....

BrownBear said:
Can my character know none of you guys except from the "facebook group" I was thinking more along the lines of that you guys had another guy you were close to, but he had family stuff to attend to and so that friend sent me in his place. since everything was already paid for. Kinda just running along @asduskfalls mutual friend thing....
If the rest agree to it then go for it...but you have to know Jerylin at least! =P

Jerylin has to know everyone...she's who got you all together =P

If they agree, then may I ask that the whole mutual friend thing lay in your hands?

BrownBear said:
If they agree, then may I ask that the whole mutual friend thing lay in your hands?
So...Jerylin has introduced you at some point to everyone. You don't really know them, but you know they are alive and they know you're alive. =P

Nessie: That sounds really awesome! And maybe in the beginning, since Jisa doesn't really like baked goods, they might have had some conflict - and maybe Jisa was angry for some reason, like maybe didn't like that everyone was cooing over the stupid little "Chef Junior Protege." But in the end, Maude helped her make a dessert of her own and then everyone was giving HER the attention and was smiling and stuff.

Strings: Hmm, casting call definitely isn't Maude's kind of thing. It'll be easier to figure something out when the CS gets up for her! In any case, if Lions is interested, Maude could always know your charrie through Hunter.

Bear: You could probably just have met everyone here and there at parties. I'd be willing to go along with that! Maude's first big party, and she met Charlie there, and though she was with friends and nobody was awful or anything she hated the party and left early and never went to one again xD

@asduskfalls Yes, free sweets! ...but you're absolutely right about their compatibility level. It is zero.

*shakes head* You got any ideas? I have absolutely no idea. Maybe there's something with Maude's family's restaurant that we could work with. Especially if there's good dessert, and it was a busy evening, so maybe Maude was allowed to help out somehow and...? *sighs* I feel like I'm sort of grasping at straws.

@NessieAlways My character is so...*cries* How does he possibly have so many friends? *sudden, brilliant idea* Wait...they don't have to be on good terms right? Right???

Trignome said:
@asduskfalls Yes, free sweets! ...but you're absolutely right about their compatibility level. It is zero.
*shakes head* You got any ideas? I have absolutely no idea. Maybe there's something with Maude's family's restaurant that we could work with. Especially if there's good dessert, and it was a busy evening, so maybe Maude was allowed to help out somehow and...? *sighs* I feel like I'm sort of grasping at straws.

@NessieAlways My character is so...*cries* How does he possibly have so many friends? *sudden, brilliant idea* Wait...they don't have to be on good terms right? Right???
Not neccessarily...but he does have to be in good terms with Jerylin since she wouldn't invite someone she isn't in good terms with to a summer long trip...that would be suicidal...don't worry I'll think of something!

Maude was allowed to help somehow and... it was a total disaster, with Li's cynicism bringing out her contrariness until it was Red Oni vs Blue Oni! The dessert was good though! So maybe a strange understanding between them, in which they take pleasure in fighting each other? Maybe he does something for her in exchange for food on occasion?

@asduskfalls Not sure about Li enjoying fights with the other characters, but yes, he does tend to piss off the people he dislikes. And if Maude did screw up that badly at the restaurant, Li probably wouldn't forgive her, even if the dessert were tasty. He likes sweets, but not obsessively so. Most likely, he'd retaliate Maude's mistake with a bitingly sarcastic comment. Thus, the epic battle begins, with a clash of serving platters and silverware...*battle cries in the background*

Ahem. Your clarification on the restaurant situation is much appreciated. Should we also determine exactly what the incident was, so it can be referenced later in the rp?

@Trignome

I've got two ideas let see what work best =P

Jerylin is an engineer, so while Li Ling was working in the "interesting organization" Jerylin could have been there doing an internship and she got sent to work with him. They always fought and had a horrible co-partnership, but they were secretly fond of each other's spunk. When the boss gave Li Ling a huge project, Jerylin noticed that he would stay in the office really late and stress out. Like the caring person she is, Jerylin would stay and help out Li Ling against his will. When the project was done, the boss was so impressed with the work that he promoted Li Ling. Since then Li Ling and Jerylin have always had their backs.

Li Ling is a photographer and Jerylin collects antiques. She could have heard of Li Ling and his black and white photography and wondered if he had any vintage cameras that he didn't use. When Jerylin found Li Ling, he did in deed have a vintage camera, but the calling price was extremely high (slight metion of his marketing skills). After a long chat over coffee Li Ling agreed to Jerylin's request of paying off the camera in a year(With interests of course). Li and Jerylin would meet up for coffee every 2 weeks so she can pay him and during those small meetings Jerylin began to win him over and they became friends. (She did finish paying him!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back