A Court of Kings

Lord Payne sighed, scanning the room for his daughter. He bowed to the king before replying. "Actually sir, my daughter and I were planning on getting out of your hair... But I can't seem to find her anywhere."

Katherine arrived at the castle, dismounting her horse. She then entered to go looking for her father.. Hoping he hadn't caused too much trouble.

John nodded not saying much more but started looking around with his hand on the pommel of his sword, he didn't want more trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alphonse bowed before the king, his feet together and his back perfectly straight, his erectness as a soldier showing quite clearly. "Your orders, your majesty?" His voice was calmer now than it had been a few minutes before. Still, there was an unsettling feeling deep in the knight's chest. The Lady Christine's safety was not yet accounted for, though she must assuredly be safe.

Atticus had walked towards the stable and fed the horses, put them away before beginning to brush out their manes. The new stable boy walked up behind him, "Williams, please. You must attend to the kings wishes, you must be worried about him." The other servants would call him by his last name due to his higher authority. But he always preferred his first name, he ceased brushing the horses mane and turned towards him.

"I will only annoy his majesty, and I find it fitting to help you as you are still new to our community." Atticus smiled before handing the other boy his own brush.

Baldur had done all he could do for now.

The royal guard was on high alert being assisted by his men as well as two esteemed knights keeping vigil watch over the lords and ladies.

He continued to keep behind Victor as the king l conducted his business.

"I wonder where ol' Tic has run off to..." he pondered

"Find him, I'd rather him not be running about when an assassin is on the loose"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"...Very well. But only because you have enough armed gaurds with you to win a small skirmish. I shall return my friend."

Baldur gave victor a grin and made his leave to find Atticus, arms relaxed behind his back.

Atticus guided the stable boys hand, "they like being pet there," he waited for him to follow, "yup right there. But only snow likes this, the others will attack you." Atticus' lips spread into a wide grin watching the younger boy laugh.

Baldur walked past the stables and peered through. There he was.

"Atticus!..."

Baldur shot a quick wave and walked to meet him.

"Thank you for your company Sir John." Cassie spoke as she traveled bak to her chambers.

Atticus' stance quickly stiffened, "continue brushing their manes. You will soon bond and you'll both truth one another." The stable boy nodded as Atticus turned bowing, "yes Baldur?"

Katherine rushed into the castle, finding her father in the ballroom all by himself. "Thank god you're safe." He said, rushing towards his daughter and giving her a hug. "Father, we must leave now. It's not safe here." Katherine said, looking down at the floor with a sigh.

Atticus looked at the stable boy hesitantly, "I'll be back, but for now I shall take my leave." He turned back, "I'll follow you."

"But sweetheart, do you not think we would be safer in the castle? We could ask the king, we could-" Her father tried to convince her, but Katherine had her mindset. "No dad, let's go."

"Right here. Sorry I saw a lost kitten." Cassie replied holding a tiny light colored kitten.

"Come in little kitten." She walked into her chambers. "Good evening Sir John." And head to bed again.

"You as well milady" John bowed and walked across the hall and picked up the chair and put it next to her chambers. He sighed and pulled off his helmet, tired but vigilant.

"Lady Katherine I insist you and your father remain here until it is safe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back