A Court of Kings

Cassie had tears flowing down her face. When a dart came from the window, nearly missing the king by an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Your majesty, may your reign serve this country!" Yelled the man who ran across the rooftops with a laugh and disappearing into the shadows.

Cassie slowly stood up. "T..tha....ank y....you." She tried to speak properly, but could find he courage. She head back with Victor and the guards.

Victor took her back to the castle "Keep watch for the lady as she rests." He told his guards. "Where is The lady Katherine?"

"Evalyn..." She replied and headed to her room after telling the king"h..his voice seems familiar...h..he was there when my home was..." And more tears fell.

Baldur was furious at the second attempt on the young kings life. His hand constantly writhing the staff of the scythe on his back. Now other lives were being threatened as well. He made sure to stay close to Victor the rest of the evening.

(That's okay!)

Cassie woke up a few minutes with the image of the assassin. She decided to have a cup of tea to help her sleep. She got up and opened the door into the hallway.

"Sir John!"

"Make your way towards princess Cassie's chamber and keep gaurd for the rest of the evening. Id hate for any other problems to occur. Especially for our guest."

John nodded and started walking to Cassie's chambers and stopped in front of the door as she was coming out. "Mi lady I'm here to watch over you" He said as he bowed.

Katherine pulled her soft, dark hair to one shoulder as she arrived on the scene. Her expression grew shocked as she approached the area; her lips making a faint O. Kate saw all the guards, but where was the king... Where was Cassie!?!

Katherine quickly dismounted her black stallion and went to the first guard she saw. "Excuse me sir-" she asked. "What happened here?" The guard looked at Kat grimly. "Well Milady, the king and his helpers saved princess Cassie.. But were nearly killed by a dart sent by the fleeing assailant. They all returned to the castle to be safe. We are here just looking for clues" The guard finished. Katherine said thank you for the update and left, back to the castle to retrieve her father; disappointed to have missed all the excitement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alphonse arrived at the scene, but all too late. He had sensed the commotion in the air - the tension, and the fear. His sword was drawn, dangerously lingering in his hand, and his tired eyes kindled a small flame. For the past two nights he had been awake during hours he much rather be sleeping, but when the king and his court were in danger, Al couldn't ignore his duties. Even though he was under direct service to the Hastings, his allegiances were still with the king and country.

"Did the assassin escape?" he prompted a guard, sheathing his sword with some reluctance and frustration. "More importantly, is everyone safe?"

"He has escaped but we shall find him and who sent him" Victor said noticeably angry about the events that had transpired.

"Oh. Thank you. Than accompany me for a cup of tea sir." Cassie replied to john.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back