• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A College For Mages

@shadowz1995 consider Ether accepted. You took straight to that blood magic stuff I wrote up huh :P

Good job on the background work particularly. Normally I'd be a bit iffy about that kind of ability in a character left unexplained, but you've taken a good route through medically inclined mages for parents giving him strong teachings to back it up indirectly.

AAndroidD said:
@shadowz1995 consider Ether accepted. You took straight to that blood magic stuff I wrote up huh :P
Good job on the background work particularly. Normally I'd be a bit iffy about that kind of ability in a character left unexplained, but you've taken a good route through medically inclined mages for parents giving him strong teachings to back it up indirectly.
I am nothing if not thorough in my powers hahaha. You can ask Java. I give good reasons as to why my characters can do what they do.

shadowz1995 said:
BTW how can I join in without interrupting the flow
You can follow the advice I gave to Katy earlier. Write up a primarily reflective post so we know how ether got to the college and where he's at with room organisation, unpacking, etc.

Also remember that there are other tables for first years in the hall, he just won't be sitting with the prior joiners at this stage. You can have him also come up to the front and address the teachers. Or other students. Whilst seating is assigned, remaining seated is not compulsory (or at least not enforced)

AAndroidD said:
You can follow the advice I gave to Katy earlier. Write up a primarily reflective post so we know how ether got to the college and where he's at with room organisation, unpacking, etc.
Also remember that there are other tables for first years in the hall, he just won't be sitting with the prior joiners at this stage. You can have him also come up to the front and address the teachers. Or other students. Whilst seating is assigned, remaining seated is not compulsory (or at least not enforced)
So just reflect on how he got there and sit down with some NPC's, then see where I go from there? Basically?

shadowz1995 said:
So just reflect on how he got there and sit down with some NPC's, then see where I go from there? Basically?
Basically. It's 3:40 pm on Friday in my Timezone though so the headmaster announcement is going up tonight, and then we'll likely timeskip briefly after to either settling in for the night or the next day's day one lessons, depending on what we would prefer moving on. I'm thinking the latter though.

Last edited by a moderator:
AAndroidD said:
Basically. It's 3:40 pm on Friday in my Timezone though so the headmaster announcement is going up tonight, and then we'll likely timeskip briefly after to either settling in for the night or the next day's day one lessons, depending on what we would prefer moving on. I'm thinking the latter though.
Can you tag me so I know? I'm going to be working most likely but just so I can get the heads up

The Headmaster finally appears! I've used green text for the speech to make it a bit easier to differentiate from actions and help separate her from my own teacher, Morund. And people can get on with eating. as in the IC post, timeskip will be coming up relatively soon to progress. A character sheet for Nazgah will be coming up very soon too - as in im presently finishing it up to post.

@callmenox @9forgotten @Yesman @Neuton @Javax @Moolock @DerekMess @Tetro @shadowz1995 @Dhuum @Kattz

EDIT: Nazgah's CS is now up, feel free to give that a read too!

Tomorrow I will have the race info up too, as I've made good process on that so far.

Race info up!

Whilst they stick to typical appearances in fantasy, I thought to approach how their lives worked in this RP - especially for elves and orcs. Have a read and if you have any questions/comments be sure to not be shy and let me know.

AAndroidD said:
Race info up!
Whilst they stick to typical appearances in fantasy, I thought to approach how their lives worked in this RP - especially for elves and orcs. Have a read and if you have any questions/comments be sure to not be shy and let me know.
I like the biological aspects of them

So I've been clearing out some RL business out of the way, and I believe that as of right now, most characters are ultimately left in limbo unable to do things effectively, or in too reactive of a position to continue.

shadowz1995 and Kattz have their own conversation going on, but as of right now that is the only substantial thing occuring. If there are no objections, I will initiate the prior promimsed timeskip.

As for @Tetro I know you were awaiting a response from me, but I feel there is not much for me to add. Besides, not much would be said that would not be repeated later. As I've mentioned OOC before, I will be giving plenty of other opportunities for interaction with the headmaster to occur. Whilst I won't initiate the timeskip IMMEDIATELY as of this post, once it does happen the current plan is to split teacher players into one "group" that will be discussing lesson plans, school structure, etc., and students will be set to organising their rooms - including assignment of rooms (which will be kicked off by the timeskip post).

For Student characters, that is @callmenox @9forgotten @Yesman @Neuton @Javax @Moolock @DerekMess @shadowz1995 @Kattz

Room assignment will occur IC. Before the timeskip i will check which of you have posted in such a way that rooms were already sorted out, and if not, then an NPC that I will have present will sort out those rooms for you, helping to assign the correct dormitories.

Coolio, sounds good to me. I really have no idea what to write at the moment xD I could talk about my person eating or whatever but thats boring so I figure I'll save y'all that and just sorta wait till the timeskip...I did mention my person having a room but didn't specify who the roommate was sooo, I'll just wait to see what happens IC?

AAndroidD said:
So I've been clearing out some RL business out of the way, and I believe that as of right now, most characters are ultimately left in limbo unable to do things effectively, or in too reactive of a position to continue.
shadowz1995 and Kattz have their own conversation going on, but as of right now that is the only substantial thing occuring. If there are no objections, I will initiate the prior promimsed timeskip.

As for @Tetro I know you were awaiting a response from me, but I feel there is not much for me to add. Besides, not much would be said that would not be repeated later. As I've mentioned OOC before, I will be giving plenty of other opportunities for interaction with the headmaster to occur. Whilst I won't initiate the timeskip IMMEDIATELY as of this post, once it does happen the current plan is to split teacher players into one "group" that will be discussing lesson plans, school structure, etc., and students will be set to organising their rooms - including assignment of rooms (which will be kicked off by the timeskip post).

For Student characters, that is @callmenox @9forgotten @Yesman @Neuton @Javax @Moolock @DerekMess @shadowz1995 @Kattz

Room assignment will occur IC. Before the timeskip i will check which of you have posted in such a way that rooms were already sorted out, and if not, then an NPC that I will have present will sort out those rooms for you, helping to assign the correct dormitories.
Well if you read my post then you'd know that Krotus is waiting on the headmaster to take her seat and interact with him or something. But if that isn't going to happen then I can just make something happen.

Tetro said:
Well if you read my post then you'd know that Krotus is waiting on the headmaster to take her seat and interact with him or something. But if that isn't going to happen then I can just make something happen.
That could be done - however the current situation doesn't really require it, if you get my meaning. Because you can post doesn't mean you should necessarily. With a timeskip incoming, the point of going to "make something happen" is kind of lost, as whatever you make happen will simply get passed over. If you think you have something pressing you want to get out, do make the post, but don't feel pressured to do so.

I just wanted there to be some interaction between the headmaster and the others. But if it'll happen after the time skip then that's cool.

Tetro said:
I just wanted there to be some interaction between the headmaster and the others. But if it'll happen after the time skip then that's cool.
Yeah, I'm doing it after the timeskip. Technically we could have dinnertable discussions, and I'd be all for it if the students were more, well, together. But as is they simply... aren't. And I'm looking to ensure everyone is involved to a point of being able to do something relevant - so delegating staff discussions til afterwards is the best solution IMO.

Timeskip is up! It's only a brief one, to the end of the feast, but it gets the ball rolling. Once rooms are assigned I'll give you a little bit of time to organise your settling in, then it'll go straight to the next day's morning, and the first class. To help give @Dhuum and @Tetro a bit of a model, I'm going to run the first class with Morund, and from there you can have SORT OF an idea of how classes CAN run in this RP, though I'm giving you freedom to approach it however you feel is right.

AAndroidD said:
Timeskip is up! It's only a brief one, to the end of the feast, but it gets the ball rolling. Once rooms are assigned I'll give you a little bit of time to organise your settling in, then it'll go straight to the next day's morning, and the first class. To help give @Dhuum and @Tetro a bit of a model, I'm going to run the first class with Morund, and from there you can have SORT OF an idea of how classes CAN run in this RP, though I'm giving you freedom to approach it however you feel is right.
Just let us know

ALL characters should be in a position to post now. If students dont have their rooms yet, the kindly old lady here is your first point of contact, and if you do have your rooms sorted, you can either stick around to see the proceedings. Room structure will be clearly defined IC, but I'll leave it to you to extort that information from this old lady. She may be in charge but her mind is old. She may... forget things. I'm totally not making her senile and difficult in her age to force you to engage with her to work out where rooms are (=u=)

that wont apply to those already assigned rooms by their previous posts' implications however

For teachers, you got pretty clear direction to follow Nazgah from the post

@AAndroidD

Yay. ^^ I'll see about getting a post up as soon as I can. I'm a bit preoccupied with other RPs right now, and this weekend is gonna be pretty busy, but I'll try to keep up nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back