* A Certain Scientific City *

Well you don't have the words Dark Matter, stable energy, and unstable energy all meaning the same thing with references to all three being brought up multiple times.

A lot well I am done with now. Feel free to constructively criticize it, I am sure there is a mistake or two, or something you won't understand. Please let me know. I am still improving my writing which isn't really where I want it. So I am sure there will be mistakes. Just point them out, and I will fix it.

It is 7am here and I am tired and need to sleep. I will be back in about five or six hours. So good morning or night to everyone. :D

Oh yeah. @The One Eyed Bandit at first I planed on making a character with molecular decay, but after some deliberation I decided that it would be boring since it is a very strong ability.

Well, seeing a few questions with Shika's power was exactly what I expected to see. It's something I tried to make up from scratch and to make scientifically plausible, early in the morning in fact, so some things aren't as clear as they should be. I'll probably clear some things up later and make everything easier to understand. complete intangibility doesn't make sense, as obviously she would become intangible to gravity and oxygen, causing her power to be a death trap for herself. The main part of my research that makes this work is this tidbit that I put in her sheet:

cojemo said:
As matter can be described as energy that has a phase or resonance, Specter Touch allows an object to resonate exactly with another, making it possible to 'merge' the two objects as if they weren't even there.
Basically, she can enter a specter state to some objects while still allowing others to affect her, such as the ground, air, and things like that, while she resonates with every other form of matter. For the whole organ scenario, both Bandit and Tenshi are right, as she can turn her hand permeable while keeping the rest of her impermeable. However, that wouldn't be necessary as she can make it so she doesn't resonate with the desired organ, grab it, then bring it into her specter state and remove it.

[QUOTE="The One Eyed Bandit]I think his question is more: What happens when she unspectres, while inside of something? You've got two physical objects in the same place, if that happens.

[/QUOTE]
For that question, I referred to how teleportation works in that regards. As both Kuroko and Awaki have shown to be able to displace matter, I assumed that when Shika phases an object back into tangibility that the surrounding matter would be displaced. I do admit that I myself am not sure what would happen if she were to un-specter inside of an object herself. I know that things didn't work out so well for Awaki, but after looking I can't find the exact details of what happened.

Sorry for my untimely death!

I'll be going through all the level 5's and stuff now.

@Bills352 @Aqua @Yuuki of the Strata

Well, now that the ranking's up, how Shika's Specter touch reacts with the constants is a little easier to determine. @The One Eyed Bandit , since Izanagi's Constants aren't strapped down or created by the general laws of physics, and since Shika's ability uses the state of matter in phases to become intangible, it would make sense for her to be unable to phase through the Constants. That make sense to you?

Also, @Dai tenshi , since Izayoi's power is basically the exact same as Kakine's and in turn similar to Izanagi's, I feel like it would work the same way that it works with the Constants, where she can't phase through it since it has properties that don't necessarily obey the laws of physics necessary for Shika to do so.

Ehhh... I'm not fond of having Izanagi's ability outright negativing Shika's. I had I mind that it would be sort of like 'swimming through mud'. Shika's passing through them would be at slower rate than usual, and extremely unpleasant. Imagine swimming through mud, but also having the mud swim through you, if that makes any sense.

Okay, that sounds good. Was trying to figure out how exactly that would work, but since it's an unusual matter we can just say it has some properties that cause that. It would be a good enough incentive for her to not want to phase through the Constants anyways.

Also, with that in mind, how would the constants affect Shika when they are moving at a velocity then? If she moves through them at a slower rate, then I would imagine that if they crashed into her it would be like she was being pulled along with the attack.

Well, that's all sorted out so that's good. When I was writing up the sheet I was worried that I was making her extremely OP as she is almost impossible to actually harm, so I'm quite happy that isn't the case.

Anyways, I'll get working on my bio. I already know what I'm going to put down, so it's just a matter of actually typing it all up.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/bye.122686/

So Yeah , Sorry everyone!

However a friend of mine has set up an Interest check for a Rp exactly like this with pretty much the same Premise so If you are still wanting to do something such as this you can head on and check that out! He'll probably let you copy and Paste CS'S and all that as well to save you guys some trouble.

Terribly sorry for the abruptness of this!

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/a-certain-magical-index-scientific-railgun.122197/

CRAP!

I miss everything! >A<

I'm sorry, Mr Cthulhu! I hope things look up for you in the future. Not sure if you will even see my message but... It was nice talking to you. D;

You didn't miss a thing. I'm waiting for a starting post before I hit the deck.

NeoLeaf said:
You didn't miss a thing. I'm waiting for a starting post before I hit the deck.
What he means is, this thread is over. Cthulu is quitting for a bit.

Mr Cthulhu] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/bye.122686/ said:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/bye.122686/[/URL]
So Yeah , Sorry everyone!

However a friend of mine has set up an Interest check for a Rp exactly like this with pretty much the same Premise so If you are still wanting to do something such as this you can head on and check that out! He'll probably let you copy and Paste CS'S and all that as well to save you guys some trouble.

Terribly sorry for the abruptness of this!

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/a-certain-magical-index-scientific-railgun.122197/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back