• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴᴛʜ, ɪᴄ.

Characters
Here

lostbird

𝚓𝚊𝚍𝚎'𝚜 𝚐𝚏
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

DEAD BY THE THIRTEENTH.

scroll

act 1

the entity

ㅎㅎ

where

beyond space

when

beyond time

why

beyond reason

MENTIONS

the killers

MENTIONS

the survivors

DEAD BY DAYLIGHT — MAIN THEME.

scroll

THE ENTITY WILL PLAY,

with our souls for all eternity. an endless hunt of fear and hope, pain and sacrifice from which even death there is no escape.

CHAPTER 1.

ARCUS 02

I am going through some past scribblings and the notes of the previous unknown occupants, and I realise I should at least try to organise them. Reading these notes, I decipher several voices who I am aptly calling the unknown few who like myself had a fixation with the Entity and who like myself had an ability to experience the memories encoded in the fog.

I will include my past scribblings and number them as best as I can, referring to them as notes obscura, or just obscura, to try and piece together how long I've actually been here.

I think I may have found my first ramblings amongst the half-destroyed journals of the unknown occupants who struggled with infinite possibilities of whiling away the time except the one they probably missed the most. The one I miss the most—friendship, companionship, sitting with my father drinking whiskey and watching the Ancients swim across the night sky, or just losing time with a friend in a hearty conversation about the merits of art, music, laughter and stories.

All I have now are the memories of others. Second-hand experiences that constantly remind me of things lost and half-remembered.

SURVIVORS

whether stumbling, dragged, or being pulled through the fog, you've arrived at the campfire: an eternal fire that always burns, serving as the epicentre for whats the come. the edges of the site are surrounded by a thick fog, constantly swirling. gaps in the fog part like the wind, showing a peek into something traversable. finding yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time has never felt more absolute than this moment, more undeniable as you realise you're not alone in your misfortune.

multiple unmade strewn tents litter the forest floor. you have the sneaking suspicion that one thing is clear: if you tried to leave, you'd end up right back at the campfire.

KILLERS

a blink, and you're here—wherever here is.

it's familiar, a place you've been before with some added touches of a thick and dense fog surrounding your new domain. a realm, all for yourself. a playground, of sorts, with interconnected rooms and vast spaces. your memory of the realm is splintered, not fully matching up with the picture so clearly in your mind—the truth is, the Entity tried. replication was quite difficult with its limited understanding of your plane of existence, unremarkable compared to other planets it has already conquered and twisted into its own creation.

"corrupted one," it whispers, the distorted voice bouncing off the invisible walls of the fog in echoes. the entity speaks its intentions for you, calling back to the moments in your life that were so pivotal in its careful selection—sensing the killing potential within and rewarding you so. "entertain me."

♡coded by uxie♡

START DATE: SEPTEMBER 17TH

• greta ─ spine chill.

• mood

scared, & confused.

Damp leaves beneath her palms crunch as Greta manages to get to her knees. What just happened? She desperately searches her memory, staring straight down at the forest floor under her weight. Dirt found itself wedged under her recently trimmed nails and she blinks as the light emanating from the campfire glints─a flashlight, clutched in her left hand. A disturbing thought comes to mind: how did I not notice that before?

Her usual perceptive nature, usually so hyperaware of her surroundings, had clearly taken a nosedive in the face of... Greta chances a glance up, to stare at the campfire and recall her last memory. Steve. He left the chamber door open. Greta releases her grip on the flashlight, on the ground, to lean back on her heels and allow reality to wash over her. The black mist.

"This can't be real. This is not happening." Greta says under her breath, too quiet to hear over the roar of the campfire and the blood rushing through her ears, the thudding of her heartbeat.

And she wasn't alone here.

Not very comforted by the thought, Greta slowly gets to her feet and casts an untrusting look at the others in the clearing. She considers the odds of them being behind her sudden kidnapping, but she bites her lip, unsure. Their expressions were equal parts confused and nervous, like herself. This couldn't be some elaborate prank or ruse to keep her suspicions at baywhat was there to gain by taking her, anyway?

And then she notices something of greater concern. Tents. Some still encased in their sleeves, others partially constructed. No, this is not happening. The insinuation of a more permanent stay leaves Greta's blood running cold. She moves towards a navy coloured tent bundle, constrained in a velcro strap and frowns; there's a darker splotch on the material, three drops in its immediate vicinity. Even without working at the mortuary, Greta could easily comprehend what she was seeing: blood. Old blood.

Greta turns on her heel, staring at the vast nothingness that stretches on for what seems like miles, that same black mist obstructing any real view of what's beyond. The mist swirls, thickening in areas and she can't help but feel empty. Hopeless. Nothing could force her to venture into it, to be swallowed up by the same thing that brought her herewhat if it spat her out somewhere else, somewhere worse?

Bending on shaky legs, Greta retrieves the blood-spotted navy tent and peels off the velcro. "Do we─just, set up?" She's not sure who she is asking, or if anyone can even hear her breathless whisper.

But she acts on her instincts, too cowardly to dwell on the implications of why, when, where, how. Fanning out the canvas materiala thought that sickens her, as the heavy duty material again implies permanence─Greta searches the forest floor, looking for other necessary materials and finally, her eyes have appropriately adjusted to the darkness. There's nails, stakes, rope, a hammer, and tarps. And... a sign? Her eyes narrow as she drops the material in her hand, discarding it as she edges closer towards the mist and wooden sign hammered into the dirt.

Scratched into the plank reads: 'The Shed'. Black mist parts just behind the sign, inviting and taunting.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back