• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya folks!  Welcome to Chapter Two: Into the Maelstrom!

I'd like to try moving the OOC channel while starting the new chapter; it should make OOC comments a bit easier to find as the time goes by.  =)

Hope you're enjoying the story!  =)

With the rolls I saw you post in the other OOC thread, I may be making up a new character sooner than I thought!  Oh, well.  The dice giveth, and the dice taketh away.  Hopefully Toph will live through this.

Depending on what happens in the next spoiler, you might be in a mental combat with this thing, now that it is in physical contact with your bare midriff.

Well, allow me to say this:  

1. There are player-killer Game Masters out there (ones who seem to enjoy watching their players roll up character after character); I am not among them.  =)

2. The best GMs out there let the dice kill the players (fairly) or they let the players kill their own characters (through their own actions or the actions of their party).  

=)

What is the possible mass of the Enemy?  If it is made of, or at least, covered in metal armor, trying a flying tackle to get it off of Toph might just end up with Mario bouncing off of it.  I'm just trying to consider options.

Bing!  Posted.  Your answer is inside, good Sherwood.  =)

Dann sez, "As she propelled herself sideways, the alien feline tore at her with its sharp fangs, coming so close it tore the clothing away from her midsection." 

Just so we're all on the same page here ( =)  ), Toph's belly (and only her belly) is showing.  Nothing naughty.  This isn't that kind of game, all right?  Ha ha!  =)

My pardon for not being a bit more specific.  =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dann sez, "As she propelled herself sideways, the alien feline tore at her with its sharp fangs, coming so close it tore the clothing away from her midsection." 

Just so we're all on the same page here ( =)  ), Toph's belly (and only her belly) is showing.  Nothing naughty.  This isn't that kind of game, all right?  Ha ha!  =)

My pardon for not being a bit more specific.  =)

I was not trying to imply that Toph was naked or more exposed, just that her uniform was torn and Mario was trying to help her maintain her modesty.  I did not think that her top half was blowing in the wind.

I actually giggled out loud when I read the comment about Toph's 'girly goodies'.  Sherwood was just being sweet by offering up his own coat.

I actually giggled out loud when I read the comment about Toph's 'girly goodies'.  Sherwood was just being sweet by offering up his own coat.

Ah, yes.  One of my better phrases that I'll have to remember for later use. ;D

Yeah!  I liked Sherwood's "girly goodies" line too.  =)

I was not trying to imply that Toph was naked or more exposed, just that her uniform was torn and Mario was trying to help her maintain her modesty.  I did not think that her top half was blowing in the wind.

That's what I understood too, Sherwood.  I didn't post what I did because of what you wrote, but because of what I wrote.  =)

As your Game Master, my words in this game have special meaning and I am careful with them.  I wanted to point out what I meant in specific terms.  What if I had meant that The Enemy had ripped off all of the front part of Toph's clothes?  What then?

I feel sometimes that I have to be extra-careful with my words given that this is a text-based RP.  I'm much more in my element during live tabletop games though I'd like to think in the past 3 years or so that I've gotten good at Game Mastering in text-based RP.  =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cap'n (as Herc" sez, "At the Colonel's order for a sitrep, Hercules nodded his head. 

'I'm up, sir. In future, sir, might I request we all arm up the next time we try opening Mystery Boxes?'"

Ha ha ha!  I love it!  Herc is terrific!  =)

This is exactly Col. Sharp's line of thought after what just happened, but for it to come from one of the folks who had just gotten the worst of it?  Oh yeah!  =)

PCs choice of NPC (if any) for mission.
@Kaerri @Psychie @Sherwood @Captain Hesperus

Time for some Shop Talk concerning Chapter Two!  =)

1. First off, congratulations!  Your characters have reached 2nd level!  I have awarded base RP points from Chapter One: Binary Nexus, each of your prologues, and bonus RP points that you have come to earn along the way.  Please refer to the Leveling Guide; that's why I wrote it!  =)

1a. That said, I have an offer for our Admins given that the move back to xenForo is happening in less than 48 hours - Cap'n?  Kaerri?  If you two want, I'll do as much of the math for your characters as I can and make your levelling as easy as possible (I'll only require a few decisions on your part) - think of this offer as my little way of saying thanks for everything you do as Admins!  What say you?  Tell me prior to the xenForo move please so I'll whether or not to include it in my list of things-to-do during RpN's downtime?  =)

2.  Secondly, you guys get to make the decision on who fills seat #6 in your team.  I can imagine given your mission priorities, this might be a tough call.   However, it's a call out of General Steel's hands and firmly in yours.  =)  The way I see it, there are good reasons to take any one of them, but again, it's your team's (players') call.  =)  These options contain OOC character information at this time, but your characters will learn of it in my next in-game post.  =)

Here are your options:

A. Professor Stein - Traverser, excellent scientific and non-mecha engineering skills, excellent understanding of Zentraedi culture, weak in Mega-Damage combat in or out out of a mech, basic medical skills, non-martial artist, non-mecha pilot (able to use technopathy to pilot a mech).

B. Corporal Booty - Non-Traverser, excellent A.T.A.C. pilot specialized in VHT, strong in Mega-Damage combat outside of a mech, excellent understanding of human-based mecha engineering, martial artist, weak understanding of Zentraedi culture, weak in science and medical skills.

C. Hitomi - Non-Traverser, excellent psychological and espionage skills, excellent understanding of Zentraedi culture, excellent in Mega-Damage combat outside of a mech, excellent medical abilities, martial artist, non-mecha pilot.

D. No one.  Go the whole mission with no additional assistance.

2a. At this time in the game, Col. Sharp and Reggie are not able to join your team, however MechaKitten will be along for the ride in one of your cockpits (because...  REASONS!  Ha ha ha!  Just kidding; you'll see in-game.).  Who does MechaKitten ride with?

So, in summary, please give me the following data:

1. Leveling choices (this can be done during RpN's downtime over the weekend if you so choose)?  Kaerri?  Cap'n?  Want me to tackle the math for you?

2. Who, if anyone, fills seat #6?

3. Who does MechaKitten ride with?

I have a question regarding my new skill of Holisitc Medicine.  With my current medical background, would I have an OCC bonus to a new medical skill?  The only skill bonus listed for Medical Skills in the Southern Cross book is a +5% one for First Aid.

For the extra seat, I would suggest Cpl. Booty.  We may have to risk out of mecha operations, and having a skilled operator using a heavy infantry weapon might come in handy against the Red Zens.

Final question for this post.  For the Ajax, is there a chance to be issued two of the arm mounted pulse blasters to back up the missile ordnance on the wings?  

For Psychie:

1. No.  The only O.C.C. bonuses allowed are those given by the O.C.C.

2. No.  General Steel has yet to allow that given the newness of the AJAX mech.

3. Request from me: On Toph's character sheet, by her I.Q. Attribute, would you mind placing something like,  "I.Q. 21: +7% bonus vs. Psychic Attack and Insanity.  (1 bonus point added)."  That will help me by telling me down the road how many points to I.Q. she's received from the leveling method.

Also...  Psychie, what color d6 do you want me to roll for Toph's hit points?

Ok.  I did post my new skill and attribute increase in a post under my character, but I'll add it to the main body of Toph's sheet now.

Also...  Psychie, what color d6 do you want me to roll for Toph's hit points?

Do you have green?  My last choice for the rolls nearly got me squished by the Enemy when it pounced on me.

I did the same with my sheet.  I'll add the attribute increase to the main one now, too.

Ok.  I did post my new skill and attribute increase in a post under my character, but I'll add it to the main body of Toph's sheet now.

Yes, I saw that.  =)

Do you have green?  My last choice for the rolls nearly got me squished by the Enemy when it pounced on me.

Yes.  And this, folks, is why I like having you decide the color (I really don't want to roll your dice for you without some kind of say or option from you; it just feels wrong.  =)

I did the same with my sheet.  I'll add the attribute increase to the main one now, too.

Sherwood, while we have you here, could I get your answers to my questions?

Got the edit to my sheet done now, too.  Lets see, I just need a Red die for hit points, and Mario will be all set.

Psychie's thoughts on our sixth seat sounds good to me.  I'll add my vote that Booty comes along.

Your character sheets are looking good.  Thank you both! =)

Before we move out, I would like to request for Mario a HLW-6 Heavy Laser and the wearable power pack for it, now that I have the Heavy MD Weapons skill.

I have not seen a post including the hit point increase for level 2. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back