• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Three

But to be automatically assumed to be second class by some goddamned alien just because he is a guy, that is enough to piss him off big time.

Hah! Human/Ura-Meltrandi relations - I love this interaction! I didn't expect Mario to lose it! =)

If Elinor really wants to try the door, go for it. I just don't want you to go through the brain burn of getting the Traversing wrong.

Sorry. I didn't get any response here, so I was halfway typing through Elinor about to make the attempt when I saw Mario's post saying he should do it instead. Remember we've got brain-burn healers now! :D

Ah, yes, that's true. Up to you guys. I'm willing to go either way with this.

Okies. This is what I get for posting while distracted while doing something else at the same time. P.W.D. (Posting While Distracted)! Oh noes!. =)

I have edited the dialogue between Shirley and Cera regarding Mario. Pardon my goof! What is there now is more accurate. =)

Heya folks!

Please catch up in-game then read here!
Cera simply sat silently and listened to him (Mario). It was not his fault he was inferiority or so the voices in her bio-tank and body banks had trained her. There were reasons, good reasons, why Ura-Meltrandi were superior to the Zeki-Zentraedi and certainly, Dolza-Zentraedi.

So, she wondered, why was she having trouble facing him?
(parenthesis and bold mine)

Cera, as you now know is less than a day out of her Meltrandi tank. She is basically treating Mario like he's a Zentraedi under human control. Now, while this does not pardon her actions, your characters being trained in the Army of Southern Cross would know - the Zentraedi and Meltrandi are programmed and bred from the get-go to distrust, dislike, and even outright hate each other. Your characters have been trained that the Zentraedi and Meltrandi are created by clone technology. They have an average lifespan of three years. Each expects (and hopes!) to die in combat against the foes of the Robotech Masters.

This is where Macross the Movie and Robotech the T.V. series differ. In Robotech (as I understand it), the males and females distrust each other but work separated from each other (hence Lord Dolza working with and even promoting the female Azonia).

In Macross the Movie, it's a different story. Males and females are killing each other on sight. No mercy, no talk, no nothing. It's kill or be killed. They never consider working with one another. Hence, human culture being so very important to them when they are first introduced to it.

Robotech: Broadsword is a mix of Macross and Robotech.

In our game, anyone belonging to the Army of the Southern Cross would have been trained that things work like Macross. Zentraedi and Meltrandi may or may not work with humans, but without any human interaction, they simply kill each other. Taniya's attitude, for example, toward the Zeki-Zentraedi is typical, if well-honed and admired, among her people. However, the two species can work together (like Lord Breetai and Commander Lisara of my made-up Meltrandi teaming together and aiding humanity aboard the SDF-3 together). All of your characters would be aware of this.

During "All In," Cera holds some of these views. And why not? A day ago, she was literally being born. She does not know any better. Now, does this excuse her view of Mario? Certainly not! Mario is in every way justified in not taking an alien's lack of understanding. He should stand up for himself.

Just keep in mind - Cera is a brand-new character to me. I never intended for her to be in this story any more than I intended Fat Booty to perish or for Reggie to lose his dad.

Booty and Cera were put into Robotech: Broadsword for the same purpose - after we lost Booty, I created Cera from the ground up. I believe there will come a point in the game where you guys and gals will want somebody like them. But you don't have to have them in the game either.

Cera is brand-new to me; I am still trying to figure her out. That's because she appears to be a special case as far as my characters go. How? Well, that's because how Cera develops as a character is in part, up to each of you. Your characters are the first humans she has ever seen. It's humans, not the Zentraedi, Meltrandi, or the Robotech Masters, who are the big game-changers in the Robotech Wars.

Cera came out of a cocoon because of her instabilities. Like your characters, she's a Traverser. Unlike your characters, she has no life experience (she is 1st level). Whether you put her on the sidelines or introduce her as a fellow Wild Card is up to you. =)

Your thoughts and feelings?

I have not seen Macross, only the Americanized version of Robotech. The differences between the two are interesting, and it makes me want to hunt down a copy of it to see the original for myself. In any case, we are not dealing with a standard Robotech world, but a hybrid that has its own rules and setting to it, and I'll make sure to do my best to reflect Toph's training in the ASC to deal with the differences in Zentraedi/Meltrandi/Human culture.

There are several dubbed versions of Do You Remember Love? This one is my favorite and the one I am basing our game from. Other dubbed versions are not quite as deep or as telling in their dialogue, but I feel this version has some real eye-openers. Sometimes it's not just what one says but how it is said. =)

Oh, and big thanks once again to Sherwood for introducing me to Robotech! It was my very first sci-fi RPG and I used it in part to create my very first RPG setting (called Special Agent).

Were it not for Sherwood and Killfire, Robotech: Broadsword would never be. =)

Now, sending the thought to all the Wild Cards, she says, "As that great sage of wisdom once said, 'Get R done!' I'll be standing by to help keep everyone safe, and so will Mack."

Ha ha ha! Larry the Cable Guy is a "great sage of wisdom"! I love it!

I read a touch of silliness, not seriousness, in Toph's words, but then again... maybe she does look up to that wild ol' southern man? It is a post-apocalyptic world after all with much context having been lost! What a thought... =)

And on another thought, I can relate to both Toph and Mario's reactions to all this. Toph is half-Meltrandi. Although she can pass as human under most circumstances, I like her attitude. "We all bring our own baggage." That's true.

I also like how Mario takes the high road. He could easily shove all of this back into Cera's face and make her eat it, especially as Cera seems to need the Wild Cards more than they need her. But he doesn't. That's commendable. Just be careful, Sherwood. Actions like that won't make Mario popular with your local xenophobe General Steele! Ha ha ha! =)

One more thing. Mario refers to his weapon as a "rifle." I see this as Mario using army lingo. Perfectly fine! I have heard folks with military and para-military use the word with a "fondness." Kind of like referring to their big and bad military working canine as just a "pooch" or a "puppy." Concerning Mario's use of the word, am I correct on this, Sherwood?

I just don't want our other players imagining Mario carrying a "laser M-16" or what have you. It's not. The HLW-6 is a 37-pound monster and by weight, the heaviest piece in ASC's human-portable arsenal, second only to the Mk. 25 automatic grenade launcher (Booty's 54-pound weapon). So, it's kind of like referring to a SAW (Squad Assault Weapon) or an M-60 machinegun as a "rifle." It might make folks wonder, "If this A.T.A.C. tanker sees that big thing as just a "rifle," what in the hell does he consider to be a heavy weapon? The right arm/particle beam cannon of a Tomahawk Destroid?" Ha ha ha! =)

Last edited:
It might make folks wonder, "If this A.T.A.C. tanker sees that big thing as just a "rifle," what in the hell does he consider to be a heavy weapon? The right arm/particle beam cannon of a Tomahawk Destroid?" Ha ha ha! =)
Naw, not the Tomahawk's guns, but the 125mm cannon on the hover tank. That's my big gun! lol

Seriously, I will be more careful in referring to the SAW as not 'just a rifle' in the future. I tweaked my IC post to reflect that.

As far as trying to make Gen. Steele happy, that man is the world's only living heart donor. I don't see Mario being able to live with himself if he was able to make that ass happy.

Last edited:
Re: "Only living heart donor". That took me a moment to understand, but now that I get it, it's right on target! Ha ha ha! Same goes for General Steele; he is turning out to be a bigger ass than I thought in Robotech: Broadsword.

Re: "Rifle". I don't mean for you to correct Mario's dialogue, unless you think it needs correcting. If Mario is the kind of guy who would call his weapon a rifle, then by all means, continue!

Re: 125mm. Ha ha! I stand corrected! Question for you - Isn't the Veritech Hover Tank's main gun a 105mm? I remember it being smaller than the Abrams which is a 120mm. Am I in error?

I read a touch of silliness, not seriousness, in Toph's words, but then again... maybe she does look up to that wild ol' southern man? It is a post-apocalyptic world after all with much context having been lost! What a thought... =)
No, that was entirely silly on my part. While Larry the Cable Guy is funny, I am having trouble wrapping my mind around the thought of having him be a serious inspiration for Toph.

Re: 125mm. Ha ha! I stand corrected! Question for you - Isn't the Veritech Hover Tank's main gun a 105mm? I remember it being smaller than the Abrams which is a 120mm. Am I in error?
You are correct. It isn't until the upgrade from shells to the particle cannon that the weapon goes from the 105mm that it is now to the 125mm size. I had just jumped the gun there. Get it? Jumped the Gun? Ha! :coolshades:

You are correct. It isn't until the upgrade from shells to the particle cannon that the weapon goes from the 105mm that it is now to the 125mm size. I had just jumped the gun there. Get it? Jumped the Gun? Ha! :coolshades:
Oooh, bad one there, Sherwood!

Sherwood is not the only jokester in here, "Missus Get R Done." =)

Heya friends!

It appears that all three of you are going with Cera's plan? If so, I will post on that when Real Life allows (maybe tonight?).

Make it a good day! =)

I know what you did, Psychie. Here's what you did. You made me watch this (read: I really enjoyed it and laughed out loud several times! Thank you for providing the inspiration for me to look him up and watch! I've never seen his stand-up routine. It's very funny adult-based humor all right, but I don't think he cusses once). =)

Last edited:
My wife and I had a chance to see him perform here a few years ago. He's quite funny, and as you said, not vulgar even if some of his material is not meant for a younger audience.

Heya folks! I will attempt to post either today or tomorrow as Real Life allows. Stay healthy and safe out there. =)

I've been in a pissy mood lately, so I haven't posted as I usually would have. Sorry. I'll be able to post for Mario soon.

That's a drag, Sherwood. No worries, though; everyone has their off days (I had a few last week).

If you want to talk about it, I'm here. *points to Conversation*.

Until then...

=)
9804990_orig.jpg
(Image credit: Humor Scrapbook)

I don't think so, sorry. I'll get a post up soon.

No apologies necessary from either of you. I don't mean to pressure you into posting - I mean to make sure the situation is understood.

This is the first time the Wild Cards have attempted traversing as a group. I want to make sure that the scene is understandable as well as entertaining.

For all I know, you guys are scratching your heads. And so, I put that question out there. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back