Elements (morkai & skys54)

"Please don't speek like that, as long as your alive there is always hope to help the wounded to evenge the dead and forgive give the wrongs done, as long as you are alive there is always hope" she said reciting the words of a poem read to her by her father before she left on her mission for the country. She finished dressing the counts wounds and then sat to finish her dinner.

The count lays down by the fire to sleep. It was a quite and relaxing night for once. No pirates around to bother you. No one giving you orders. It is as if for a moment nothing is wrong. The sound of birds chirping, the smell of the flowers. Very relaxing

She didn't sleep she hadn't really slept for days she kept watch almost jumping at every noise in the calm night. She dimmed the fire just enough to keep it's warmth but dim enough to not get seen. She couldn't see the stars at the tree canopy covered them and the only real sounds she could here where owls and nocturnal birds and the wind playing with the trees it was a clam night one she would have liked to share with her new sibling.

Day approaches quickly. Before you set out to leave the count trims his beard and hair with the knife. His beard now a neatly trim goatee and his hair cut down to ear length. "Ready to go." he says to you. "We have a long day ahead of us."

She makes sure it looks like no one had been her she covered there tracks neetly. "We do we have a very long day" she agreed as she put her horses saddle and bridle back on. She helped the count up onto the black stallion and then mounted as well before urging the beast forward.

You enter the gate to the capital. No one is left. You can hear the screams and see the ghosts the the citizens. "Just stay calm" the count tells you. There's not much left of the market district, half of it was reduced to a crater. You keep traveling until you get to the East district. Most of the building have been destroyed from falling debris and the effect of the elements turned the dry ground into a shallow lake. The count points you toward a cave. "We need to go to the old capital" he says.

She was stunned to see the ghosts and did as she was told and kept the horse moving and took them through the water and through the rubble and debris past the ghosts and the dead towards the tunnel, the horse was now a little skitish at the ghosts nut more than that he wanted to check them out 'see what it was' if you would like. But she calmed him down and then dismounted to lead them down the tunnel.

You go down a long tunnel and come to a large underground opening full of streets and buildings. The water from the surface formed an underground river. "I dont know exactly where the element is down here. There seems to be about ten or twelve building we need to look through. Do you want to split up or stick together." There is quite a few ghosts and zombies lurking around this now horrible place.

"No don't split up, yes it would be quicker but if we split up we become more venerable to attack and if one of is attacked we might not know where the other is, also we won't be able to reach the other in time if something horrid does happen. As well as two other factors, one two people going one way will notice if there lost quicker, and two sets of eyes looking over the one place we will be more likely to spot it" she said pausing every while to breath and remember her training.

"ok then" he says "well lets start looking. Any ideas of what building it might be in? None of these buildings are very identifiable. They all look the same to me. I guess we will just start over on the left side and work our way around until we find it."

"Yeah sounds like a plan" she said and helped the count down off the horse and then they entered the building on the far left side of the cave. The buildings where dusty and damp and there where all manor of small creatures, like spiders, lizards, snakes, it gave her the creeps but more than that she felt as tho they where being watched.

The first couple of buildings didn't have anything that led you any closer to the element. The first building was a house and the other seemed to be some sort of shot. Besides the creatures that lived there now all that was there where a few wondering ghosts that payed no attention to you. The third building you entered was empty and full of spider webs. at the far end of the room is a stair case leading down into a dark damp basement.

She felt bad walking through here, the dust made her nose itch, the ruined houses and the amount of debris was shocking So this is what's left of the old capital she thought as she stepped over the decaying debris. Once they spot the stair case she walks over to it and looks down into it, as old as it looked it didn't look like it belonged there like it was cut out of the old building.

Going down the staircase you enter a small brick room and it is fairly new compared to the rest of the capital remains. The room is empty except the gold coffin with the Rendear seal on it that lays in the middle. "That's a royal coffin." The count says "King Dolinard's coffin. The queens father."

She nodded and walked up to the coffin and took a look around it "So do you thing the element is in here?" she asked and she walked around it.

"I don't know maybe" the count says as he slowly opens the coffin. A purple light fills the open space. "Looks like were in luck." He opens the coffin fully, the decaying corpse of the king holding the element in his hands. The count reaches down to grab the element, as he touches it the king suddenly grabs his wrist. "Intruder" he hisses "state your business here!"

She looked into the coffin and at the element "Yes that's good one element down. Ah!" she gasped at the corps came to life. "I'm sorry your highness but we need the element. Pirates are looking for them to destroy the county they have nearly succeeded too so we need it if we are going to even try to fight back" she said politely. "So please you highness can we please have the element".

The king sits up holding the element. "What proof do you have of this. I don't believe you. How do I know you don't want it for yourself." The count buts in "please your highness I am count Vance of Salam. You have my word that we need this element for a noble cause." The king waits for a moment "Very well" he says opening his hands and handing you the element.

She reaches out cautiously and takes the element from the king "Thank you your highness" she bows deeply "Sorry for disturbing you" she says.

The king lays back down and the count closes the coffin. "That's another"the count says "Now lets head up the mountain to the temple if the pirates have any more elements I'm guessing that they would stash them there. I've never been there myself but I hear there are a lot of rooms under the mountain. What the monks use them for is beyond me."

"Yes well let's go then, and I my self haven't been very far from my home town other than in my training and these past few days" she said and they headed back out and found her horse, and a run away castle horse so she help the count on to the other horse and mounted her own. It will be faster and the horses won't get as tired she thorght.

You leave the destroyed city and head up the mountain again this time going past the town and climbing higher. After a few days of riding you reach the snowy top where the air is thin and the snow is heavy. At the top there is a lone standing marble building. The snow dyed red with the blood of the monks but no body's remain.

She was horrified at the sight but felt sorry for the monks, she dismounted and walked through the snow with making so much as a sound in case anyone was still here.

The temple was quite, no one was around. The count pushes open the large wooden doors. A gold carpet lined the floor and at the far side of the room there was an alter. Statues of gods and saints lined the walls. There were no other doors in the building that led to this basement the count spoke of. "I don't understand there should be a basement to this building. It's ... It's just one big room" the count says to you.

"Well as I've seen this country is built on deception everything is never quite as it seamed and everything important was hidden well out of sight, there might be a hidden passage some where" she said and had a good look around taking her fingers over the alter and over the statues hoping to find a lever of some clue as to what could be hidden in the temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back