Elements (morkai & skys54)

morkai

Setting: Player starts in his or her house in the ocean side town town of Salem in the country of Rendear

Theme: Science Fiction/Fantasy

back story: A very long time ago an alchemist named Kezlar sailed across the ocean in search of the perfect land but all he was greeted with was death, depression, and a vast waist land of nothingness. Using his intelligence and power he decided to construct twelve magical crystals (fire, electricity, ice, poison, wind, shadow, light, mesotic, water, nature, rock, and plasma) that would turn the waist land into an inhabitable paradise that he called Kezantia. Over the years other countries would try to capture or destroy the crystals in acts of war in order to concur the new land. At first the stones were altered in order to form a magical barrier to protect the lands capital but after a civil war broke out (dividing the continent into two countries, Kezlantia and Rendear permanently) over political matters the crystals were then altered again in order to power a magical war ship known as Condiscar. Condiscar had weapons so powerful it could level an entire city, witch was what happened that ended the civil war. The first Rendear capital was now destroyed and the people that resided there are now zombies or vengeful spirits. As a result the two countries came to an agreement. Rendear demanded and was given Condiscar in order to insure that Kezantia will never use it against them or anyone else again because it was declared too powerful. Condiscar now sits under heavy guard in the new Rendear capital city. Also as a result of the agreement Kezantia decided to hide the twelve elements among the two countries but only the counts and countess know of there ware bouts and only of the ones that are hidden in there territory. Now almost fifty years later of peace there have been pirate sightings and reports of towns being attacked. The two countries know these pirates are after the elements but do not know why. At least not yet. The two countries searched for candidates that would be suitable to investigate these attacks and they have chosen you, but why?

describe your character to continue

Name: Sky

Appearance:

Skin: Pale

Eyes: Green

Hair: Waist length white hair

Cloths: black strapless dress, black sandals,

Personalaty: friendly, loyal, would do anything for a friend but won't breack rules or hurt another friend.

Bio: she is a young girl from Rendear, her father taught her how to fight to some extent, her mother taught her how to behave and one day a government official knocked on her door and said "we want you to come with us to help your country". Her parents where ecstatic and let her leave to go with the official but she knew to little of what she was getting into but continued on anyway.

It is a small town compared to the other port towns. fairly quiet not very many ships come in here unless they are private or locally owned businesses. the town consists of mostly houses and farms, there are a few shops and the castle that the count lives in is right along the shore. All ships that come in check in at a guard station build off of the castle. other then that the town stretches slightly into the forest where there are more houses of course, a few tents around that the more unfortunate poor residents are forced to live in. there is a park for children to play in and a library way back in the forest that burned down many years ago and was never rebuilt. The government official was a tall thin man, he had dark black hair combed back and a long thin face. He wore a pair of thin wire glasses, had old blue eyes, a long nose, and a smile that seemed to big for his face. He wore a red suite with gold trim. Waiting for you outside the house is a carriage pulled by two horses. He open's the carriage door for you, allowing you to step inside and take your seat. He sits across from you and closes the door. The carriage driver cracks his whip and the horses begin to pull the carriage toward the castle

The carriage was beautiful the seats where made out of the finest leather as I stepped in with the help of the official.

"Thank you" I smile as he sits opposite to me. The driver cracked the whip and the horses moved forward. The trip to the castle was just as beautiful as the carriage we went straight through the main street. We past fisher men and there boats, women and there children, kids walking pets and playing in the street. My favourite was the ocean I only ever saw it when my mother brought me to town and it was just a beautiful as it was the last time I saw it. "It's beautiful" I breathed, as I watched the town past by and the castle was getting closer and closer. Soon we turned of onto a rode that lead to the castle it was sided by the forest for the most part and the rode was maintained to the point of beauty. Soon the forest made way for lush green lawn and gardens. The castle lay ahead and the carriage slowed and came to a stop before a set of stairs leading to the bigs wooden doors of the castle.

The carriage rolls past a large golden gate connected to a stone wall that surrounded the castle. Two guards stood on either side of the gate. The carriage comes to a stop in front of the castle doors. A guard opens the carriage taking your hand to help you step out. As you and the official step out the carriage pulls away and two guards standing on either side of the castle door open the large doors for you. As the doors open the golden light shining off the marble floors fills the up the door way. The official says "follow me please." He leads you inside following a path made of red carpet. Along the walls of this main room hang banners or Rendear and statues of knights stand side by side on the floor. There is two sets of stairs on either side of the castle both connecting at the top to a second floor. In between the two stair cases at the top is a door that the official leads you through. He tells you this hallway is the hall of counts because pictures of all the former counts line the walls. The hall then opens up into the throne room where the current count sits waiting for you. An old man with grey hair, a long grey beard, and wearing red robes. The official bows, you bow and the count begins to speak. "I know you are wondering why i chose you for this special operation. We need someone to get information on these pirate attacks. A spy of sorts if you will and honestly the court hear feels you are the only one suitable for the job, knowing the training your father had you endure. And of course on completing your assignment you will be reworded quite handsomely. Your first task is to take this letter to the queen of Rendear. It just states that we selected you for this task." He hands you an envelope with a red wax of Rendear seal on it. "The capital city is just north of here. But before you go I would advise you to pick up any supplies you may need, the carriage will take you into town." He hands you a pouch full of gold coins "Now are there any questions?" he says with a smile

The inside of the castle was beautiful the sun reflected off the marble floor projecting a slight golden hue. The red carpet contrasted nicely with the feel of the room and made it seam wider. The ball room walls where draped with the red insignia of Rendear and the statues of knight framed the room giving of a proud and noble air to them. She walked up the stairs slowly holding up the hem of her best dress and her shoes clicking slightly on the bare marble of the stair case. The door at the top of the stairs opened for them as she walked in following the official till they reached the centre of the room. She bowed and listened to what the count had to say... "I under stand my task Thank you My lord" she smiled taking the small bag of gold and and bowing to the count before leaving through the door in which she came. Walking back through the door she came and through the ball room she stood out side the castle as the carriage pulled up. She stepped into the carriage and the driver closed the door and cracked the whip the carriage set off.

The carriage arrived in the town and she stepped out of the carriage. The first shop she visited was the general store to get rations, she then went to the shop that sold supplies to the fisher man. She picked up a rucksack and a rope as well a well crafted knife. With the remainder of the gold she got her self a set of cloths consisting of black leather pants, white blazer and a dark purple vest, black cloak and gloves. As the cloths that she had she knew that they where not suitable for the work that was required of her.

The official accompanied you while you shopped to lend his advice and to assure you were headed safely in the right direction towards the capital. It was a beautiful sunny day that afternoon, not a cloud in the sky. While you made your way from shop to shop picking up the supplies you need suddenly the sky grows dark. You and everyone else around you look up to see what is causing this sudden over cast. A large ship made of metal slowly cruises through the sky. The ship flies the flag of the Sevan pirates. A larger group of pirates, well known but never very threatening. They have always been well known for there castle robberies and kidnappings. They have killed there fair share of people but usually just other pirates or kingdom guards but this, a flying metal ship is technology unheard of. Panic grows fast the towns people start screaming and running for shelter as the ship begins to shower the town with cannon fire. Suddenly the town around you is getting blown apart. Parts of building and earth fly through the air. Fires break out and suddenly a cannon ball nearly misses you and the official but the splash of earth sends you both in the air. You both hit the ground the official gets up quickly helping you up. "are you ok?" he asks "we need to go back to the castle and make sure the count is ok. Come, this is part of your duty."

Last edited by a moderator:
The sky turned dark and she looked up to see a ship flying "the Seven Pirates" she gasped knowing the flag instantly. "but what are they doing here" she thought "but anyway we must get back to the count" she thought mentally panicking slightly.

"yes I am aware of my duty" she nodded jumping into the carriage. Unfazed by the official in the carriage she got changed out of her dress and into her clothes. As her dress was not the best thing to fight in if the situation turned from bad to worse.

The carriage didn't have time to stop she had already jumped out and was headed up the stairs and thought the halls. She opened up the doors to the throne room and slowed down once she was in "Are you ok my Lord" she asks bowing slightly.

The castle was falling apart around you. The walls and ceiling were full of holes and the marble was busted up. You enter the throne room asking the count if he is ok and bowing but as you straiten yourself up you notice he is missing from the throne. The official catches up with you. "This is weird. Where is he? there are no pirates in the castle, in fact no pirates even left the ship." As he finishes his observation you feel the earth below your feet shake. The official looks at you frightened "I think theirs something in the dungeon. The door is back in the ball room along the left wall. Lets proceed with caution."

"he's not her oh no please tell me where not to late" she thought. The ground rumbles beneath them and she turns to the official. "cheek the dungeon got it" she said after he finished. She jogged out and down the crumbling stair case and looked around the ball room. She spots the door on the left and darts towards it jumping and dodging falling or fallen debris. She pulls back the tapestry and yanks open the heavy door. It creaked open and she looked down the dim lit corridor. She follows it along and the castle rumbles again sending some of the roof caving in. "please be careful" she calls back to the official.

You make it down into the dim lit dungeon, you hear a grinding sound, as you approach the bottom of the stares the grinding gets louder and louder. Empty prison cells line the walls. Salem is a fairly crime free town so it is no surprise they are empty. At the far end of the dungeon you notice a gaping hole in the stone wall and a tunnel leading to somewhere. Down in the tunnel there is the faint glow of lanterns, and the small group of about five pirates that carry them. One pirate has the body of an unconscious or dead count slung over his shoulder. In front of the pirates is the source of the unbearable grinding noise, some sort of large mining machine. The official looks to you for answers without saying a word hoping your presence does not get known.

"Shit" she cursed as she watched the pirates disappear down the tunnel. "What should I do if I follow down the tunnel if the count is still alive they could kill him but I just sit here the they will get away with the count dead or alive" she thought. it was to dangerous to follow them she decided. "Get horses ready I'm going to capital" she whisper to the official. "I need to talk to the queen and report what happened to her and then go from there" she continued. She turned around and went back to the ball room and waited for the official to follow.

The official follows you to the ball room and then leads you to the counts stable that lies outside off to the side of the castle. The town outside is in ruins and it appears that the flying pirate ship has moved on. The official prepares a horse for you with a saddle, a sleeping bag attached to the back and put the rest of your supplies in saddle bags. He looks around feeling that you could use something more to aide you. He notices a guards spear laying in the dirt. He picks it up and hands it to you "be careful, it may take you a few days to get to the capital, just follow the road north. I will stay here and see what I can do for these people."

She watches the official ready the horse she picks up a bow and a quiver full of arrows and takes the spear as well. "thank you" she smiles. She mounts the horse and ugeres it forward. She follows the northern rode she slows the horse down to a trot as not to where it out. "I must get to the capital and speck with the queen as fast as I can" she thinks once a ways out of the town she straps the spear to the saddle under the stirrup. She looks around and sees some of the villages that fled the town in panic in the forest.

You reach the giant stone walls of Galica the second capital of Rendear after what seemed like an eternity of riding. The entire city is decorated in Rendear banners and there are guards everywhere you look. On the walls, in the streets, in the buildings. You pass through gates into the city under heavy watch by almost every guard that can see you enter. The city is divided into for districts. The South district,the district you enter the city from is the market district. Constant hustling and bustling of shopping people. Shops, bars and entertainment buildings line all the streets. Street vendors out with there carts. Everyone is trying to sell or buy something from everyone else. The North district is the palace district, where the queen is, but the guards will not let you through the north gate without some sort of document stating you can pass. The East district is the farm district. Nothing but farms and mills of all types. The West district is the resident district, where all the houses are.

The walls where high and guard where at every turn she entered from the south district. And headed strait to the north. She slowly made her way through the streets but that was hard as the movement of the people was hard to navigate on horse back. It took her hours to get to the north district and the guards stopped her from entry. To get through the guard she showed them the letter she was given by the count.

The guard nods and opens the gate for you. He tells you "the queens throne is straight through the main door. Go through the main ball room and through the court yard." The palace yard is well kept with lots of flowers and bushes line the long windy white brick road leading up to the large white and gold doors of the palace. You leave your horse outside and enter. The decor of the ball room is relatively the same as the counts castle except the floors and walls are white with gold borders and the whole palace is made out of rare materials. The court yard has lush green grass and bright colored flowers. There are a few stone benches and a large water fountain in the middle. On the other end of the court yard back inside there is a small set of stairs and a short hall leading to the door to the throne room. A guard standing outside the throne room stops you and says "please wait the queen has an audience at the moment." You can here shouting on the other side of the door.

Female voice: "I want that port locked down no ships are to come in or out and get profiles on all the dock workers!"

Male voices: "yes ma'am!"

A platoon of soldiers run out the door past you. The guards waves hes hand gesturing you can now go in. The queen is a younger woman with dark, long brown hair. She wares a white and blue dress and is holding a scepter. She looks at you angrily. "who are you? what do you want!?"

She walked into the castle and through the castle yard bordered by a beautiful garden. Once she reached the door she waited for her turn to see the queen. She herd the queen bark orders to the men. They left in a hurry and rushed out the door.

"Who are you? What do you want!?" she shrieked.

"I'm sorry to disturb you in such busy time but I was sent by the count of Salem to deliver this letter to you" she bows holding out the letter to the queen. The queen took it and looked over it. Nervously she waited for for the queen to speck.

"Sky is it?" she looks at you "As you already know there have been a lot of pirate attacks lately. Pirate attacks are not unusual, they are pirates after all. But these attacks seem way to well organized and there targets seem suspiciously well picked. The court and I have come to the conclusion that these pirates are after the elements that make our country habitable. Why they would want these and how they seem to know where they are we are still unsure of. Someone has to be pulling there strings, someone on the inside most likely. But those matters do not concern you, what your job is, is to collect the elements for relocating. All the counts and countess know the where bouts of the elements. The fist one I want you to collect is in Terahan city. Speak with the count there he will give you more information. To get to Terahan head out of the East district then go north up mnt Walcualus. Terahan is near the top of the mountain. Report back to me once you have the element." Anger goes through her face "What are you still standing around for!" She thrusts her scepter into the ground "Get to it!"

She listened carefully to her instructions. She also flinched as the Queen yelled. "Yes-s Ma-am" she stutters and she turns on her heal and walks brisckly back out of the room. Once the doors shut Sky broke out into a light jog quickly getting to her horse she mounted it and then urged her horse quickly to the east side of the town.

Once she reached the edge of the town she turned north and looked at the mountain "Well let's go" she said to her self and she estimated that it would take her three days to at least reach the mountain.

Where the mountain now sits is where the first capital of Rendear used to be. A lot of the city was destroyed in the blast from the Condiscar but it turns out that the blast has a sort of "eye of the storm effect" thus leaving any buildings in the direct center of the blast perfectly intact. With that being said however because the elements are used to create land rather then destroy it There were quick and odd geographical changes in the land surrounding the old capital. The land turned to sea and there was a violent storm of waves crashing into one another and at the height of the storm the sea turned to rock. This mountain is like no other mountain in the world because it was made up of waves crashing and intertwining then frozen into place.

She rode for the three days camping when needed and but once she got to the mountain she looked up. The white coloured rocks and the snow was all she could see for miles straigt up and into the clouds as well she could see a small winding path that lead up the mountain. "right so somewhere along that path there will be the town. The Elements huh I have heard of them off my father bit he and I both thought they where just myths. But we did know of the war" she thought as she started up the mountain.

After a long hike up the mountain you finally make it to the snowy peak. Snow falls lightly around you as you approach the town. All the buildings in the town are made of wood and all the people are heavily dressed in fur coats and heavy boots. This town hangs no banners, has no decorations. In fact it seems particularly poor. It used to be a mining town but the mine had to be shut down. All of the towns people worked in the mine, now they are all unemployed. The town fell off the map because of the mine closing. nobody comes to trade with the people anymore because there is no more reason to. Most people never even herd of this town. You approach a large wooden dome shaped building that people tell you is the "castle." The inside of this building as all wooden with dark red rugs. A heavy bald man in a large fur coat runs out of somewhere and greets you. "You must be tired after your journey hear my dear." He says with a smile "my name is Count Harold." The count bows to you. "Come, come." he takes your hand and leads you to large wooden table and gestures for you to sit. He sits at the head of the table in an elaborate wooden, red and gold chair. "what brings you hear to me today child?"

Stunned slightly and a little taken back by the mans jolly attitude to things she sats down anyway. "I'm hear by order of the Queen to retrieve the Elements and take it back to the castle" she said to the count sitting at the other end of the table. "The Queen told me you would tell me where it is in this town" she said well more of asked.

While you and the count are sitting at the table a group of chefs emerge out of a side door and set the table with lots of different food, roast pig, bread, soup, corn, potatoes, lamb, fruit, and wine. The chefs give you a plate, a large clay cup filled with wine and offer you the food presented. "Would you like some of the roast pig ma'am?" "Would you like some corn ma'am?" The count after have taken a little bit everything begins to speak. "Oh yes I was given word that someone would be arriving. A strong young lady you must be." He smiles and takes a large gulp of wine. "The element in my possession, I hid it in the mine." his face turns stone serious "But be warned, There is a dragon in the mine that's why the mine had to be shut down. Dragons are very hard to kill so we imprisoned it, it now lays chained to the mine walls." He becomes jolly again "But today you will eat and rest here in my castle and you will leave on your journey tomorrow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back