• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Psst, hey you.. Who do you think is going to win the first Quidditch match of the season?

• Gryffindor

• Slytherin

• Ravenclaw

• Hufflepuff

Results are only viewable after voting.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Zombie.

Survivor
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

a bridgerton x harry potter rp

wands&debutants
!

gowns, suits and wands at the ready

tags

harry potter, bridgerton

the latest whistledown

kris bowers

• introduction

It wasn’t long after breakfast on Tuesday morning when countless students began filtering into the decorated halls of Hogwarts, their footsteps echoing against polished stone floors as they walked to their first classes of the day. As a group of young witches and wizards neared the great noticeboard on their way, the halls were subsequently filled with curious murmurs while students laid eyes on about fifty different copies of the same piece of parchment.

All of them were pinned up over everything that had been on the board before breakfast, the sight being strange even for a school of witchcraft and wizardry. Whispers of intrigue fluttered among different groups as heads leaned and tilted, eager to catch a glimpse of what the parchment read. Soon, students were pushing past each other and ripping copies of the pamphlet from the board—and from each other's hands—to point at words and pass copies to their friends, now gossiping amongst each other while others tried to read... ↓

The Hogwarts Herald

Dearest reader,

Has your mind ever wondered what goes on behind closed doors at the very school we reside in? It is with great enthusiasm that I come to you with answers. Wonder no more. I would like to welcome you, dear reader, to the Hogwarts Herald: the pamphlet that knows all secrets. Regardless of family name and status, no witch, wizard or user of magic will be given special treatment from the Herald. Be cautious this year, dear reader, lest you end up being featured.

The Debutante Ball: A Surprise Unveiled

I’m sure you’ll be delighted to hear that it's already time to prepare your best gowns and suits. It seems our professors have been conspiring behind the scenes to orchestrate a grand event: a debutante ball fit for the pages of a fairy tale, so I’ve learned. The event was to remain shrouded in secrecy until Friday, but I’m sure you agree that we, as the future of wizarding society itself, deserve to learn of events as soon as possible. Let excitement and anticipation fill the halls, as Hogwarts will become a place of dancing and debuting on Monday of next week.

A Match Made in Secrecy?

Ah, love! The potion that binds hearts and fuels infatuation. As fate would have it, it seems that one witch and wizard in particular need not be entertained at the upcoming ball. Insight into a betrothal has come to my knowledge, entwining the names of two prominent wizarding families. I wonder.. Could it be true that a Malfoy and a Prince are soon to be bound together in sickness and in health? There’s only one Malfoy that possibly comes to mind—but which Prince is to be wedded? Though I’m sure it will become apparent to us soon, if you planned on courting any of the involved, I recommend you set your sights elsewhere come Monday to save some embarrassment.

Professor Bridgerton: The Muggle in a Magical Cloak

Allow me to present the first member of faculty to feature in the Hogwarts Herald: our very own Headmaster, Professor Damian Bridgerton. While he’s a man of mystery, one fact about him remains certain. Every source recounts the same story: he left the country without notice and came back a different man. I’m sure you’d agree that the strangest thing about him is that he’s a Bridgerton, because he appears to be incapable of acting like one. He obviously possesses a fondness for pursuits that no gentleman of his social standing should show interest in. Does he not think to wipe the mud off his cloak before assemblies and meetings? Has he no respect for his own family name?

Rather than flying through the skies on his broomstick or using magical methods of transportation like any logical wizard would, Professor Bridgerton strongly prefers to ride from place to place by horse. It wouldn’t be as strange if it wasn’t every single journey. When was the last time you recall seeing him apparate? Is it possible that our new Headmaster is simply too... Muggle-like for a family of such noble lineage? Nobody knows what happened to him overseas, but it was clearly something scandalous. We need not be curious for long: scandals always reveal themselves in due time.

Farewell

Quill poised and ears attuned, I pledge to remain your informant for as long as wizardly possible. Until we meet again, dear reader, may your wand stay ever at the ready.

Yours in secrecy,

The Hogwarts Herald

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[8:52am — Students are on their way from the Great Hall to their first classes of the day on Tuesday morning or at the grand noticeboard. Those that weren’t at breakfast may start elsewhere.]

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

It wasn’t long after breakfast on Tuesday morning when countless students began filtering into the decorated halls of Hogwarts, their footsteps echoing against polished stone floors as they walked to their first classes of the day. As a group of young witches and wizards neared the grand noticeboard on their way, the halls were subsequently filled with curious murmurs while students laid eyes on about fifty different copies of the same piece of parchment. All of them were pinned up over everything that had been on the board before breakfast, the sight being strange even for a school of witchcraft and wizardry. Whispers of intrigue fluttered among different groups as heads leaned and tilted, eager to catch a glimpse of what the parchment read. Soon, students were pushing past each other and ripping copies of the pamphlet from the board—and from each other's hands—to point at words and pass copies to their friends, now gossiping amongst each other while others tried to read…

The Hogwarts Herald

Dearest reader,

Has your mind ever wondered what goes on behind closed doors at the very school we reside in? It is with great enthusiasm that I come to you with answers. Wonder no more. I would like to welcome you, dear reader, to the Hogwarts Herald: the pamphlet that knows all secrets. Regardless of family name and status, no witch, wizard or user of magic will be given special treatment from the Herald. Be cautious this year, dear reader, lest you end up being featured.

The Debutante Ball: A Surprise Unveiled
I’m sure you’ll be delighted to hear that it's already time to prepare your best gowns and suits. It seems our professors have been conspiring behind the scenes to orchestrate a grand event: a debutante ball fit for the pages of a fairy tale, so I’ve learned. The event was to remain shrouded in secrecy until Friday, but I’m sure you agree that we, as the future of wizarding society itself, deserve to learn of events as soon as possible. Let excitement and anticipation fill the halls, as Hogwarts will become a place of dancing and debuting on Monday of next week.

A Match Made in Secrecy?
Ah, love! The potion that binds hearts and fuels infatuation. As fate would have it, it seems that one witch and wizard in particular need not be entertained at the upcoming ball. Insight into a betrothal has come to my knowledge, entwining the names of two prominent wizarding families. I wonder.. Could it be true that a Malfoy and a Prince are soon to be bound together in sickness and in health? There’s only one Malfoy that possibly comes to mind—but which Prince is to be wedded? Though I’m sure it will become apparent to us soon, if you planned on courting any of the involved, I recommend you set your sights elsewhere come Monday to save some embarrassment.

Professor Bridgerton: The Muggle in a Magical Cloak
Allow me to present the first member of faculty to feature in the Hogwarts Herald: our very own Headmaster, Professor Damian Bridgerton. While he’s a man of mystery, one fact about him remains certain. Every source recounts the same story: he left the country without notice and came back a different man. I’m sure you’d agree that the strangest thing about him is that he’s a Bridgerton, because he appears to be incapable of acting like one. He obviously possesses a fondness for pursuits that no gentleman of his social standing should show interest in. Does he not think to wipe the mud off his cloak before assemblies and meetings? Has he no respect for his own family name?

Rather than flying through the skies on his broomstick or using magical methods of transportation like any logical wizard would, Professor Bridgerton strongly prefers to ride from place to place by horse. It wouldn’t be as strange if it wasn’t every single journey. When was the last time you recall seeing him apparate? Is it possible that our new Headmaster is simply too... Muggle-like for a family of such noble lineage? Nobody knows what happened to him overseas, but it was clearly something scandalous. We need not be curious for long: scandals always reveal themselves in due time.

Farewell
Quill poised and ears attuned, I pledge to remain your informant for as long as wizardly possible. Until we meet again, dear reader, may your wand stay ever at the ready.

Yours in secrecy,
The Hogwarts Herald

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[8:52am — Students are on their way from the Great Hall to their first classes of the day on Tuesday morning or at the grand noticeboard. Those that weren’t at breakfast may start elsewhere.]

Last edited:

• how she's feeling...

Calm, even if a bit confused.

Amara

Hufflepuff

First day of 7th year.

Amara was enjoying her morning, so far. It was early, but the weather was pleasant, and she had a good nights rest which was unusual for a first night back at Hogwarts. Not that there was anything wrong with the beds here, simply she grew accustomed to her own back home quicker then the ones here. Perhaps the peace of being home attributed to this more than anything else or the actual value of the mattresses. Nothing dramatic had happened at the opening ceremony for first years, and breakfast was delicious. She sat in the company of her dear friend Astrid and engaged in the usual pleasantries of updating each other on how the summer had progressed. She of course wrote from time to time while they were on break but nothing beats in person interaction, even for her.

She sometimes wished she felt close to someone in her own house, or who lived closer to her, but what can be done? She was in her 7th year after all, it's not like she was going to be in the business of making new friends. In fact her attention was going to be needed in other endeavors this year, as much as she was reluctant to indulge in them just yet. was one more year too much to ask for?

When they exited the grand hall to start walking to their first class of the day their conversation was interrupted by the sight before them. It made her stop in her tracks for once. What on earth could all the commotion at the notice board be about? It didn't take long for the whispers of gossip to reach them, and a piece of parchment to reach her hands from a random student eager to spread the news.

She looked it over and at first glance was confused on what all the fuss was about for a gossip notice until she saw a very specific name. This mysterious person was choosing to start their career with besmirching the headmaster of all people first? The audacity. However she couldn't deny the audacity is was pulled her in more. Before she knew it she'd scanned her eyes briefly across the whole thing. "Shocking way to start the morning wouldn't you say?" She turned to Astrid offering her the paper if she didn't already have one of her own before continuing to walk away from the crowded area towards their first class of the day which should be care of magical creatures.

Amara didn't do crowds and if weren't for the fact it was in the way of their route to class she'd have avoided it all together. She didn't care much for what it said except the prospect of the debutant ball. "Is it really gossip if it's hardly surprising Hogwarts would be conducting a coming out into society event for us?" she mused absent-mindedly as her eyes drifted to the sky. She didn't think much of the speculation they'd made on the Headmaster, and she definitely didn't care about which of the Prince siblings Malfoy was being betrothed to. Gossip wasn't new in their society or class, but for it to be posted so blatantly was. She was only curious how long someone like that would last before being exposed themselves.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
  1. --icon: url(https://images.app.goo.gl/XP8EkUy4su6iWXWJ7);
    [*]--background: url(https://www.artmajeur.com/medias/standard/k/o/korrdex/artwork/10916242_mgcrosegarden-0011.jpg);
    [*]--cursor: url(https://i.ibb.co/Gph96SJ/download.png);
    [*]max-width:700px; margin:auto; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; justify-content: center; align-items: center; height: auto; position: relative; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; cursor: var(--cursor), auto!important]
    Astrid RavenWood
    Exhaustion hit like a ton of bricks when it came to this particular student. Sleep was hard to come by - some nights. But she refused to speak about it, as she kept certain secrets to herself and would never expect others to understand. At least, that was how her family made her feel about it. Not to mention the caution that spread wide about it. No. She would smile and lie about her restless sleep and say she was nervous about class. Or she had a lot of things on her mind. Most of the time, people would tend to buy those sorts of excuses and leave them be. Because she would follow it up with a smile and genuine eye contact. A tactic she had perfected over time. It’s not that she didn’t want others to get close. She was afraid of what would happen if they did.
    [*]
    [*]Breakfast was spent with Amara. Something she did often and something she enjoyed doing, often when they were together. It was lovely to see a friendly, familiar, smiling face. They talked of their Summer’s and how the holiday was spent. She had mentioned her brother’s arranged marriage. Astrid of course made a face and continued to eat her breakfast.
    [*]
    [*]Astrid and her friend were about to make their way to their first class, when she took a look at the parchment in her friend’s hand as they stopped abruptly. Astrid tilted her head, almost like a confused puppy and read over the parchment, which sent loose strands of red hair off her shoulders. The more Astrid read, the more her face changed, soon an eyebrow raised. While looking at her, one couldn’t tell if it was amusement or annoyance or maybe both? But soon she licked her lips and began to speak, “Honestly, it’s as if someone doesn’t have anything better to do…”
    [*]
    [*]Astrid shoved her way through the crowd. Knowing it was a bit rude, but found herself a bit annoyed by the surrounding bodies. The sea of people was enough to give her a headache and make her want to scream. Amara pulled her back to reality and the cursing she was doing, mentally. Her glass colored eyes managed to make their way to her friend with a curious look in them as they walked. A smile placed across her pale face and she sighed a bit before the silence was broken by Astrid.
    [*]
    [*]“It does seem rather silly, doesn’t it?” she chuckled before placing a friendly hand to Amara’s shoulder, “Maybe the gossip is coming from someone younger?” she shrugged and stopped walking. Turning to face her friend, “Maybe they just weren’t thinking properly?” At this point Astrid was genuinely trying to make her friend smile and take her mind off of this gossip. Of course, this would happen on their first day back. Which annoyed Astrid as much as it annoyed her friend. But with that being said, she was trying to make light of this situation.
    [*]

[*]
    [*]
    coded by: s e v e n s e v e n

Ashryn

• mood

Curious, Distracted

Steam wafted from a cup of fresh, hot coffee - which the Slytherin prefect nursed quietly as she kept an eye on new students. A black t-shirt hugged her curves delicately while an emerald green skirt flared out around her legs. Her left leg was crossed elegantly over her right as she continued her breakfast. Ashryn was proud of her status as Prefect, but she despised the attention it brought her. The determined slytherin was also known to many for her fondness of being around the infirmary helping their matron with things. Auburn hair (with brilliant copper highlights when the light hit the strands) was pulled into a defined braided hairstyle, the mid-back length silky strands falling down her back in lightly curled waves.

Her brilliant orbs sought her best friend, Aadhira before finding her other friend, Onyx. Around her neck, a gorgeous snake lay across her sun-kissed tanned skin. The viper standing out against her constant, solid-colored outfits. Isis was a rescue that Ash had ended up finding in a pet shop - the owner abusing the venomous reptile. Ashryn, having not the best childhood... immediately went ahead to purchase the snake. Refusing to allow such a gorgeous living creature to be taken advantage of.

A small nod to her best friend in Ravenclaw, then Ashryn finished her coffee and stood up carefully. Her piercing gaze navigated the table of slytherins before she found Onyx.
"Shall we head to class?"
The 'Ice Queen' of her house asked her only other friend, tilting her head curiously and allowing a few strands of loose copper fall over her shoulder lightly.

Imagine More

Morisette

♡coded by uxie♡

Aadhira :: Ravenclaw
Tired, Excited for Class
Grand Hall , Heading to Care of Magical Creatures
Open
Navy Sapphire Blue Saree, ombre to turquoise
Deep, emerald green orbs fluttered open as Aadhira awoke from a light sleep slowly. Her eyes scanned through her dorm room quickly, before the girl slowly stood up and took down her hair. Long mahogany strands tumbled down her back gently as the sixth-year padded to the bathroom, getting herself ready for the day. She pulled out one of her more traditional outfits, donning the delicate saree with nimble fingers. Her blouse was a dark navy blue, with patterns of floral designs decorating the top with silver sequins. Her skirt was a gorgeous deep sapphire (the same as her blouse) that faded into a deep teal color towards the top. The border was golden with floral vines decorating the fabric with silvery thread.

Her tikka adorned her hair lightly, the headpiece that was common to see in her culture and ethnicity making the unusual pureblood stand out amongst her peers. Golden metal with lighter blue stones accented her headpiece and fell across the middle of her forehead and back through the center part of her hair perfectly. Bangles adorned her wrists and the hint of a henna tattoo could be seen from her ankles. Making her way to breakfast, Aadhira was quick to give a light nod to her best friend/roommate outside of school - Ashryn Greengrass - before making her way to her own table.

The sixth-year poured herself a cup of black tea, adding just a splash of vanilla creamer before serving a nicely portioned breakfast. Eating at a swift, yet polite, manner Aadhira finished scarfing down her food before she got to her feet, gently shrugging on her bag and heading for Care of Magical Creatures - almost vibrating with excitement for the class. She couldn't wait! It was one of her absolute favorite classes of all time given her passion for magical creatures... she just couldn't help being excited.
coded by natasha.

As the students filed into the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom for their first lesson of the year, an unusual sight greeted them. Instead of the typical arrangement of desks facing the front of the room where the professor would stand, each desk was equipped with a magical screen. The screens flickered to life as the students took their seats, revealing the imposing figure of Professor Quentin Ravenscroft.

The man's steely blue eyes seemed to pierce through the screens, giving the impression that he was standing right in front of each student. His black robes were impeccable, and his appearance overall was very sharp.

"Good morning, class," Professor Ravenscroft began, his deep voice resonating through the room. "Before we begin, I feel it necessary to address the recent appearance of the so-called 'Hogwarts Herald.'" His lips curled into a slight smirk. "While I do not condone the spreading of rumors and gossip, I must admit that I find the Herald's potential to expose the superficiality and pettiness within our society somewhat intriguing. However, let this serve as a reminder that a true wizard must always stand on guard, even amongst supposed friends and allies."

He paused for a moment, allowing his words to sink in before continuing. "Now, let me introduce myself properly. I am Professor Quentin Ravenscroft, and I will be your Defence Against the Dark Arts instructor this year. You will find that my teaching methods differ significantly from the mindless approach of my predecessors. In this classroom, you will learn to defend yourselves against the darkest of magic, not just in theory, but in practice."

Professor Ravenscroft waved his wand, and a shimmering projection appeared beside him, depicting a group of students engaged in a mock battle. "Throughout the year, we will be conducting simulated duels and battles to hone your skills. Your performance in these exercises, as well as other activities within the classroom, will be rewarded with what I call 'Ravenscroft points.' While I find the traditional House points system to be an inefficient tool for reward and punishment within my classroom, I will grant one House point for every ten Ravenscroft points earned. These points will also offer other benefits, which will be revealed in due time."

With another flick of his wand, the projection disappeared, and Professor Ravenscroft's gaze swept over the class. "Now, let us waste no more time. Today, we will begin with a practical demonstration of defensive magic. I will need two volunteers to step forward and showcase their skills. Remember, in the face of darkness, hesitation can be your greatest enemy."

As the students exchanged apprehensive glances, wondering who would be brave enough to volunteer, Professor Ravenscroft's eyes glinted with anticipation, eager to assess the capabilities of his new pupils and begin molding them into formidable defenders against the dark arts.

• how she's feeling...

Confident, and Curious.

Onyx

Slytherin

First Day.

Onyx had been up since the break of dawn. She enjoyed watching the rising sun, but also her mind simply wouldn't let her rest. This was her final year at Hogwarts which meant many things. Of course O.W.L.S. would be important…only for social bragging rights of course because it's not as if she would actually be working once she graduated. Bragging rights however was more then enough motivation for her as she was competitive by nature. Another competitive venture that required a lot of attention this year was quidditch. Her final year as captain and she planned on making it one to remember. Last and certainly not least in her mother and fathers eyes was her dwindling time to find a potential prospect for marriage. Courtship was such a daunting task. Once upon a time she'd had her eyes on someone but such days are long gone as she is sure he will soon be matched off to someone even the queen would consider a diamond of the first water. While Onyx considered her to be a high value woman, she knew that certain aspects of her weren't 100% ladylike. For example her being the captain of the quidditch team. Tradition leads down more…dainty hobbies.

It was a good thing her was beautiful enough for most men to look past such a "flaw". Keeping up her perfect aesthetics and looks also took time which also caused her to need to be up earlier than most. She was a Vanity after all.

She made her way to breakfast wondering if she should sit with Dorian or Ashlyn for this first day. It may prove a bit more scandalous then she'd like to start off the year to sit with Dorian even though she usually sat with him and his brother during the train ride. She was sure most thought that they would start courting soon, but Onyx simply couldn't ever bring herself to see the Prince in such a light, no matter how advantageous it would be. They were best mates and nothing more.

Her eyes landed on Ashlyn first, and her decision was made. Aadhira was as always close by as well. She quietly approached her dear friend and joined near her. She ate plenty as practice would be starting soon and she'd need the extra carbs. Her eyes scanned the grand hall of all the students new and old wondering just what was in store for them this year. Perk of being friends with the "ice queen" a peaceful breakfast without interruption. Soon Onyx heard her friends' voice asking if she was ready for class. She simply nodded with a grin before getting up herself and waving bye to those around them.

"I have to admit the combining of the 6th and 7th years for classes has had an unexpected perk of us not requiring to go to certain classes, but having a semblance of choice." She spoke plainly.

When she spotted the commotion before them as they exited her curiosity got the best of her and she gracefully snatched up a piece of parchment from a first or second year student daring them with her eyes to rebuttal to which of course they backed down.

She scanned the parchment and her eyes widened with curiosity. The ball was interesting enough. All it meant was that suitors would start flocking sooner then originally expected. This year really would be all about this it seemed. The next piece was the most interesting. Malfoy and a Prince? She hoped it wasn't true for either parties. She didn't see Malfoy or either Prince sibling getting along or having an amicable marriage. Politically it made the most sense however, so their may be some truth to it. Lastly she crumbled up the paper and incinerated it with a simple flame production spell because she had absolutely no care for the business of their headmaster. So what if he liked muggle things? It wasn't her business, nor did it effect her. Her time here was just about over so as long as he wasn't tarnishing the schools reputation with his antics he could do as he pleased.

"It's far to early for all this." she spoke mostly to herself, but certainly loud enough for Ashlyn to hear her.

♡coded by uxie♡

Rex Potter
7th Year, Gryffindor Beater

1715378209398.png

Being back at school was always a mixed bag, socially speaking. Rex got to spend a lot less time with his cousins, who were both in another house. Though that in itself was a mixed bag as he was sometimes quite grateful for a little more space from Levi, despite how close they were. On the other hand, Rex also got to spend a lot more time with his other best friend, Tomblaine. They'd stayed up late the previous night catching up and hanging out, nearly getting in trouble the first night back for breaking curfew.

As a result, Rex was yawning as they left the Great Hall together, having eaten breakfast together and now both heading to Care of Magical Creatures. Rex wasn't big on academics in general, but anything that let him be outside and moving around was at least tolerable. As a result, Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology were the only classes Rex had continued to take after fifth year, aside from the three required classes. Though he did at least keep up with his Quidditch and dueling club as well, so he was busy enough all the same.

Rex was far from the most observant guy in the world and he would have walked right by the noticeboard on his way towards the grounds, happily chatting with Tomblaine. But even Rex noticed the whispers filling the hall. "What gossip did I miss this time?" he asked in amusement, recognizing the familiar sound from when something dramatic had happened. Rex wasn't much for gossiping, finding talking about others' social lives to be rather boring. So it wasn't uncommon for him to miss major and widespread news. But a moment later Rex realized that those whispering all had papers in their hands or were staring at the noticeboard. Frowning slightly in curiosity, Rex shouldered his way forward and took one of the pinned papers. He read it as he waded back out of the crowd over to Tomblaine, ignoring that he was running into people.

Rex finished reading with a chuckle as he offered the paper to Tomblaine to look at. "Almost wonder if Levi did it," Rex commented in amusement. Levi loved causing a little bit of drama, and that sometimes included spreading rumors about people - true or not. "Seems a little tame for him, though," Rex admitted upon further reflection. Announcements of a ball and an engagement? Didn't seem like anything Levi would consider worth his time. If it wasn't Levi and the author was any good, though, it would really piss Levi off. Rex had no secrets that he was worried about the paper picking up. Well, mostly. He wasn't really the kind of person who was any good at keeping secrets. But Levi, on the other hand... he was full of them.

( wolfstar wolfstar )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back