• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The Architect Trial - IC

Turn 1 Start New
sin-jong-hun-62-bluehole.jpg
So It Begins - Turn 1
The Trial “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

• 1713737434132.png
    1714664713649.png
    1714680718874.png
    1714680829681.png
    1714696120699.png
    1714696138732.png
    The Skirmishes under the Singularity Sky
    [Biome Theme] - [Eastern Eternal Autumn Forest] - [Also Known as Áedán's Lament]

[Narration Through Kalymnos]

The dead of winter, cold chills and frozen bodies. For an eternal Autumn, it bore confusion... until realized what the leaves truly are. Eternal Autumn for the blood and souls plunged into the soil then ripped into the trees. Leaves boring of blood and souls. For that is what they consume. There is no light here. Under the Singularity, there is only unmade light. Light eaten and barfed up in what many I knew would call unholy. Sickening, terrifying, soul dissolving light. Shadows surround. Silence fills the air. Clouds of smog and death fly overhead. Some would call this hell. What a fascinating concept. Humans. Once I would say they captivate my attention. Their essence and forms are rather unfinished sentences than anything really. Maybe that's why I came to Earth, to complete the sentence. Not like the rest of my idiot kind could do it. If I was truly one of them anymore. I couldn't let them get their greedy tendrils all over them. But, now, I love them. Not the love some other of my kind would say. Our kind feels nothing, pretending to ourselves that we do. They care about nothing, at their core, they lie to themselves. Creating life for sickening ends. I would not dare allow them to hurt the humans. Never. Not a ounce of power. Slaughter them if I must even for how unthinkable killing amongst us is.

How I arrived on their world, crafted my shell to walk amongst them, is rather unorthodox. That I cannot deny. Birthing myself in a human body. Using my power to conceive. Some may call it madness, the definition for which we made. But, it was a decision I will never regret. An oversight I had was the human capability of splitting after fertilization. A rather normal ability across existence. To make two of a kind from one. But, humans had a quirk to it. A spark that impressed itself even upon my own actions, upon my own power. And through that spark, I felt him for the first time. Zinovy. That was the name the human birther gave him... Mother. That is what they are called. The idea of family still confuses me. Not of the logic, but of the emotion. Emotions always confused me. I felt incapable to understand. But, as my human body matured, as Zinovy grew up, it all began to change. He knew what I was. From the beginning. Oh, the love he had for me. He baffled me with his understanding, his indifference to my true nature. He... pitied me. Belabored to me on how sad it was that I had never felt loved. Never knew what it meant to be loved. I still remember how every morning he told me he loved me. He never went back on his promises, always was there for me. Loyal, dutiful, sweet yet full of passion, wonder, and excitement. With all that I have seen, all that I have brought into being. There was nothing like him. And never in my years could have I known how much I needed him. How much I missed out. How glad I was that humans spawned from the Endless Tide, how they came not from the works of my kind or those strong enough to do as we do. Because none of us could ever make something so beautiful, so wonderous. I did the unspeakable. As they say, I showed Zinovy my hand. I showed him... everything. I started showing him my work, all of the 'paranormal'. One of my two fatal mistakes. But, he could grasp it, after some explaining and patience from me. It felt... good. It was the first time I took him across existence, seeded worlds. A companion, a friend, family. From him, I learned. Learned what I never thought possible. The unimaginable for me. How good it felt to have him by my side, how it felt to be heard, to not be alone. But, it was the start to my greatest mistake.

Distracted, the humans discovered a suspicion of my true nature and what Zinovy had seen. They took him, robbed him from our home. Beat him, tortured him, abused him. I could see... everything. How he begged me to help him. We are not to intervene. Not that way, not in such an obvious fashion. One of the fewest rules we have. In my distraction, I never tallied how much they knew from beyond their world. When the soul-ripping bullet revealed itself, I cursed. Anger upon myself. Surely they would only threaten it, yes? No. After enough, after he resisted all they had. The bullet plunged itself into his chest, into Zinovy. And I watched as his soul was ripped apart. Grief, anger, shock. So many emotions flooded through. Heartache, regret, self-loathing. Too much... too much... All I remember was grabbing his body, healing it, and returning home. But, I saw the apocalypse that I had wrought.

Not that it mattered. I let him die. Even as he begged with blood dripping down his face, I did nothing. When he needed me most, I abandoned him. What have I done? Now, all I have is his body, in his favorite hoodie. A soft, warm light cream in comfy pajama pants. Here, his souless body stays in my arms. Its irrational that it will ever awaken. But, its the only way I feel close to him. Only way I could honor him. This place, a creation of my laments. And here, a monument to him. All for love.

Oh Zinovy, please forgive me. Have mercy on me for abandoning you. If only I could have you back, I would spend my eternity making it up to you. Your word, be law by my will. Your enemies cast into oblivion, your friends cast into Elysium. Make you ruler of all humans if you desired. Not that anyone could stop me. But, I know you wouldn't want power because I will admit. You are the better half. It only took me eons to realize how incomplete I was. Now, with you gone, I'm... hungry. If you are out there, please come back to me.

And... I understand grief.

Then I felt it. They will arrive soon. Start their little game. Good. Now the bloodlust will be unshelved, laid to bare. The blood and souls they created to be sacrificed onto the altar for which they find themselves in. The altar to my beloved. And the instruments of my hunger salivate for their flesh. While I would prefer they stay, they will run. And in time, I will feast upon them wherever they go. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Divided into 4 groups, these will be the players you can interact with for your breakpoint. Will you do some early PvP? Or will this place's incredible danger stay you blade. Are you crazy enough to stay or will you leave? And evermore. The choice is yours. But as word from the wise, brace for tough battles.

See below which group you're in. Read your description, then with your turn post, write a freeform response (not a novel please) of what your peeps do as your breakpoint response. (This will be a unique variation of standard rules.) You still have your movement and turn actions.

deer deer Kloudy Kloudy LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Trektek Trektek - [Start 1] 622 [ 2 2 7 7 ]

As the folds of void wither away into this world, you find yourselves near a black lake. Filled with acidic water that will burn away metal and flesh. A lake that fills with the longing that permeates and rains over this place. Despite the usual abundance of trees here, Lake Ursa has little trees. Surely that would be a benefit. But, it is not. While you may see threats from a longer distance, the smog clouds and acid snow are far more of an issue. Death permeates this place and Kalymnos will not allow outsiders to thrive in his lands. This not known, but felt throughout this place. The soil around you made of obsidian and ash, bodies of humanoids in strange uniforms hang around you on any tree. Many of the bodies also linger on the ground. Not a single ounce of decay. Desiccated corpses with their flesh intact, as if they died yesterday. Yet, you know it could easily be years. On the other side of the lake, you see safety. Away from Kalymnos' shrine to his human. But, as you carefully look, you notice pillars on each side of the like. Glowing with strange light and numerous packs of... deer? Amongst other creatures. As you scan to see the other creations, you know that it must be natives of some kind. Something Kalymnos would allow in this place. And that spells nothing good. But, on all other sides, lay endless forest, uniform to inspection. And that is eerie in itself. Below you, the ground occasionally shakes and you swear some bodies are appearing from nowhere... Are they?

Circling overhead. You find some strange visible winds. They smell of... sulfur.

Effect: Horrifying Hallucinations. Perceptions checks may notice creatures, objects, etc. that do not actually exist. If poor enough rolls, you may battle entirely fake armies. However, until uncovered, will still be capable of killing your units. During battles or scenes, these hallucinations have chances to horrify your people. If this occurs enough, your people may suffer consequences to the exposure. (faction-wide debuffs).

Deer - The Daljeonin are rather capable in this environment. Though they're instincts speak not to get comfortable. This place is not normal... But, they're keen senses and acclimation allow them to pick out a tower to the north. It is at least six stories tall. Dare approach it? But also, they feel on edge, something from the trees might be stalking them. But, they can't be sure. What Kalymnos has done here wrecks their nerves.

1714688114938.png

Kloudy - mèdeis knows more about Kalymnos than most. Doesn't mean she knows a lot. But, this place, his mood. It is clear he has changed considerably. Tread carefully. He will grant you no quarter. But, from what she does know of him, she deduces that there is likely a cache of valuables nearby. He gravities towards the human legend of Excalibur and the Lady of the Lake. Perhaps Lake Ursa had clues on where this could be? But, mèdeis knows Kalymnos is a sneaky bastard. Now with rather... horrifying intentions. Do her creations dare to follow this lead? If so, she knows that Zinovy is the key. Something about him will lead the way or open any lock on the cache.

Additionally, her sight gives her great woes on the creatures ahead and another: great amounts of soul energy. Kalymnos seems to be gathering and refining souls. But, for what? It made no sense. What did he learn?

Powerful Foresight Triggers: It seems something powerful is hindering you hear. mèdeis hears a soft, tween voice. No, mine. For sure, Kalymnos.
    Incredible amounts of munching sounds. Many funerals where the bodies are missing. Ruffling of parchment.

1714696053109.png

Spacekitty Spacekitty Wew the Polymath Wew the Polymath Dest Dest Moopy07 Moopy07 - [Start 2] 57 [ 8 4 4 6 ]

Location: Eastern Eternal Southwest, Deep in the Craigs and Mountains.

???? [Once more of your sheets are processed. I will reveal.]

LucasGhost LucasGhost Scatterbrain Scatterbrain CaptainSully CaptainSully Kent Kent - [Start 3] 498 [ 6 4 9 5 ]

Location: Eastern Eternal Northeast, near an ancient compound.

Coming into focus, you stand in a dense forest, filled with bright leaves. But, gloomy nevertheless. Many of the other groups scatter like flies. Fear surrounds. Bodies, darkness, webs. Everything laid hazy as if something wanted to see you lost in this place. That was abundantly clear. Corpses with strange uniforms, of two different peoples it seems. Shiny card like things, weird looking flintlocks, and hanging metal with thunder coming from them. Before you laid a compound with each of you at one side. Left behind but it looked operational. The strange lanterns spreading light, the walls hold, the gate had a ticket box... was it a theater? Security was rather much for this. What plays are they having?

Strange vehicles surround and the forest is filled with howls and skitters. The sky seemingly falling with clouds. Will you go forth into this strange theater or into the unknown? Time expires quickly, others will go in your place. And heavens know what they will do.

Effect: Chaos of the Game. There are many other contingents here. Be careful. Interventions of other Architects are more likely and presence of this place will heighten. You may run into others that will sabotage you for no reason. But, there is chances to capitalize on the chaos, if you dare.

Sully - This place, Áedán's Lament, unnerved Aeventus and his creations on the ground. He never knew Kalymnos well. But, this.. this was odd, strange. And for Architects, that is a statement. As he scanned the overall threads of fate, the tones were quite muted. Meaning only one thing. Only Doom laid this place. Longer one stays, the muted the fates become. Do not linger here. But, another oddity awaited. Rumors spread of Kalymnos visit to Earth. Many rumors. But, the fates offered some insights. Zinovy is real and as rumored, dead. Soul ripped to pieces. But, one cluster of fate illuminated the most. Somehow, he can be returned to Kalymnos. Somehow, Kalymnos can't do this himself. But, the consequences that happen alludes you. Perhaps this could be goal for your intelligent people. Find a way to give Kalymnos' his beloved. Maybe the risk of great doom that you feel around it is right. Maybe it is a warning of what will pass should Zinovy not live once more. Fate is a fickle thing.

Cosmo Cosmo Forged in Flame Forged in Flame Twist Twist turbo6000 turbo6000 - [Start 4] 870 [ 6 8 6 2 ]

Location: Eastern Eternal Southeast, by a strange looking house.

The creeping terror, the shadow of death come into sense quickly. A coastline, sands of obsidian, bone, and ash. It seems to be calm. But, this place keeps you on edge. The calmness... more terrifying than anything else. A three story house adorned the coastline. A squarish house made of mahogany wood with many windows. All covered with curtains. Each window with a shell decoration above. It looked abandoned, but decently together. Not needing much repairs. The area around the house felt eeriely clean. No bodies and no blood. Not too far in the distance, do you see these stains. The leaves dark and wilted. Wind calm yet the smell of meat filled the air. Where did the meat come from? Who was cooking? Clearly they have been here longer than the start of the trial.

Effect: Eerie Calm: Somehow, you find respite in this place. Did Kalymnos like you? Or was he fucking with you? Hard to say. He's always been playfully tricky. But, now he was different. Could he be lulling you into a false sense of security. Is the house a trap? Regardless, the sudden ease might get the best of you. Dulling you to the task at hand. Surviving.

- I -
Architect of Arcana
~ the magical fate of the arcane ~

image_tllY9DMo_1688418458685_raw.jpg
~ médeis sõ'rtis ärˈkān [002] ~

THE ARCHITECT

Era - 'Sigiheri'

Expertise - Magic

1st Providence - Divinatio

médeis' Gaze

Powerful Foresight
Form - Ethereal [Law of Three]

Polarity - Pragmatism

2nd Providence - Reconditus

Arcane Mysticism

In The Shroud Of Mystery

THE ASPECT

Might - [-2]

Ethereal - 3T Cooldown

Arcane Authority - +1 Non-Build Actions Aura
Void - [5]

True Flight - Ignore Mundane

Archmage - 2 Spells/Void Per Action

- I -
~ A Witch's Promise ~
Architectural Void

"Let the games begin, and may the odds be ever in your favour..."

Far into the void; beyond fragile veils of time and space, an ancient architect of beauteous design softly smiled against the nebulous backdrop of the cosmos. The Trial was finally in effect, their creations loose upon the realm which they would seek to tread carefully. Gazing magnetically into her orb within orbs, médeis watched over the Eternal Autumn Forest with lax curiosity and an interest to see how the mortals would react. Kalymnos was as mysterious an entity as she herself was and there was no doubt The Trial would reflect that in all its faucets. The Incursion seemed to be no different.

Already her children found themselves amidst a chaotic battlefield with equal measures of confusion as there was danger. Much woe was likely to occur in these next few moments, but médeis felt satisfied she had prepared her spawn with the tools needed to navigate the eldritch revelry about to unfold. The challenges were simple: illusory hosts no match for their magical sight; inevitability of being surrounded thwarted by flight; a toxic atmosphere untouched by the ethereal.

Perhaps, despite his bitter rage, Kalymnos was being kind to her - at reality's inception there were no other Architects. When she had been created, it had been only the two of them. And of those that existed now; she knew him best.

"Oh, Kaly... What have you done to yourself?"

- II -
~ Áedán's Lament ~
Eternal Autumn Forest [Northern-West]

"The only journey is the one within."
- Wyllt Myrddin, Mystigeist Sage

~​

The shifting dark energies folded in wave-over-wave and as the mystical gate closed, in its place remained a group of spectral forms arrayed in tidy lines as if waiting for this very moment.

Animus; magical spirits as alive as any other, surveyed their surroundings with a curious mix of brave stoicism and unsettled dismay. They had known some of The Trial's purpose - that they were to live as they saw fit and survive the dangers they would face - but none of them could have expected the scene they saw now. Even by the standards of their expanded imaginations, this was nightmarish by any means of reasoning.

By their sides were the Anima, all of which had taken forms of small woodland creatures such as birds, ferrets and the like. They rested on immaterial shoulders, médeis unwilling to have extensions of herself dishonouring the dead below by touching them needlessly.

After a brief moment of surveying their surroundings an Arcane Knight at the front of the group stepped forward and turned to face them, followed by a Mystigeist. A bird on the mage's shoulder whispered something in its ear, who in turn whispered something to the knight.

"Take to the sky and head north," the knight called to them, "We will gather at the Prophesied Isle."

And with that the Animus with their Anima ascended, drifting through the sulfur winds in a northerly direction. A handful of knights and geists stayed behind, floating above the terrain demanifested to observe what would happen.

The knight that had spoken, Artorius Pendreth, and his floating sage Wyllt Myrddin both manifested and approached the lake. The Sage cast Dancing Lights; a small flame drifted gently above their heads illuminating a small area. Atop his Anima, in the form of a majestic ethereal horse, the knight dismounted and knelt before the lake - careful not to step on any bodies as he did so.

"We beseech you here, O' Guardian of the Lake, Hear our plea in faith;"

Artorius stood, manifested his spectral sword, and dropped it into the lake.

"We would return the son that is lost, and honour the sons that lie fallen from their fathers here today. In the name of Kalymnos, I implore thee guide these intentions and reveal a path we may steadily tread."

Summary - Turn 1

• Movement: Warned of the impending dangers, the Animus/Anima fly up and head North to avoid any and all conflict.
    [Ethereal; True Flight; Truesight; Powerful Foresight; Arcane Mysticism; Void-Resistant; Paranormal Link; Shapeshifting]

• Breakpoint: Arcane Knight Artorius Pendreth and Sage Mystigeist Wyllt Myrddin approach Lake Ursa hoping to find clues as to how Kalymnos can be appeased.
    [Arcane Knight; Mystigeist; Magic Expertise; Powerful Foresight; Arcane Mysticism; Paranormal Link - the bird with Wyllt; Ethereal; True Flight; Magical; Void-Resistant; Leyline Power??]

• Action 1: A small group of Arcane Knights & Mystigeists float above the area scouting for anything of value/import, or just to learn something useful. Mage Hand will be used to collect objects at range if possible.
    [Arcane Knight; Mystigeist; Magic Expertise; Powerful Foresight; Arcane Mysticism; Ethereal; Truesight; True Flight; Magical; Void-Resistant]

• Action 2: An Anima in the form of a small bird flies to each of the other three groups present. It offers a deal with médeis. Deer's Anima stays with the group thereafter.
    [Law of Three; Magic Expertise; Powerful Foresight; Arcane Mysticism; Magical; Ethereal; Paranormal Link; Shapeshifting; Void-Resistant]

• Free Action: Divine a prophecy - To be resolved in a scene.
    [médeis' Gaze; Powerful Foresight]

Last edited:
pirate-cat-by-nostalgicsuperfan-dfxc9wo-pre.jpg

Arkos

The behemoth of a man stared out across the open waters, the sounds of the rolling waves filling his ears as he absorbed this new world. He closed his eyes and let the noise of it all sink in. The creaking of the wood of the ship off the coast, the sound and smell of the ocean, the feel of the sand under his boots and how it shifted under his weight, the murmur of conversation behind him as various races and animals mingled about having 'dropped' into this new world and, for many, their first time in creation. They had their 'pre-written' personalities, skills and memories, but it was still that initial moment of their eyes opening to the possibilities of this world that tended to be a cacophony of sound. Without a word, he knelt down and unlaced his boots and pulled of his socks before gently stepping into the water. Letting the warm currents flood around his ankles as his feet sank into the sand, as he wiggled his toes in it. Arkos let out a content sigh, in truth, these were some of his favorite moments. The other architects cared much for their creations or their duties or their misbegotten belief in their position of the cosmos, but Arkos? To cut to the heart of it, Arkos liked being mortal. His 'true' form was vast and powerful, but empty and hollow. An endless existence among the stars in his forge, but here? Here he could feel. He could sleep. He could eat. He could drink. He could feel pain and sorrow, he could.. Dream.

Mortals dreamed of being gods, of rising to such power they eclipsed the heavens, but the truth was, it was a lonely existence, being at the top. Ultimate Cosmic Power... And no one around. Perhaps that was why Architects created mortals? Science, art, pragmatism.. it was all an excuse to escape the crushing weight of loneliness that permeated in their very existence, that drove some to madness eager to light fires just to watch them burn. Other architects were rarely much comfort, they also lacked 'warmth'. At least, they did in their cosmic forms, but their aspects? Their mortal coils, tended to be more 'alive'. He could still picture the old aspects of KardBryd and Yuxi. One a rival, or something like that, more like childish bickering the other.. Well, that was complicated. Even as he resented them, in his way, he missed them. Sentimentality.. another trait he envied of mortals. Perhaps that was why they were here? At this place. The old man may have finally lost it. Finally gone insane in his never ending watch of mortals who, in mere moments, lived more fulfilling lives then any of them did in their endless eons. Curiosity, another infectious trait of flesh and blood, bid Arkos to play the old man's game, for now.

The giant 'man' opened his eyes once more to take in the brilliant blue sky that stretched out overhead before, with a final sigh, he turned back to his creations, his 'people', the Maihai. Adorable little walking cats with great pride and ego. They would prove entertaining to observe, if nothing less, and he was looking forward to seeing how they develop, what sort of nation they'd create, what allies they'd make, what enemies they'd triumph over and, when the time came, what would snuff them out like the brief candle they were. His dark eyes slid over the numerous crates and objects, including the massive sight of his anvil stuck into the sand and the black pile of armor next to it. A lot needed to be organized and stored if this little cat nation was to be founded. At least the Mooxen he created would help greatly in agriculture and labor. Rolling his shoulders, Arkos stalked over to the embedded anvil barefoot, bent down and wrapped his large hands around the dark metal. The muscles of his arm and back bulged as he gritted his teeth and pulled. Slowly the anvil started to emerge from the depths, his own feet constantly having to be readjusted as the sand shifted under him until, finally, with a loud puff of sand, the anvil came loose. The immense hunk of metal cradled on his shoulder as light as a feather as Arkos let you a tired sigh and placed his free hand over his brow to wipe the sweat away as he scanned the landscape, "Where is that lazy bag of bolts?" he growed.

As if to answer his cry, a great metallic flapping came over the wind as the Guardian descended to crash down into the sand, its body hissing as hidden mechanisms released built up pressure and heat, it lowered its great head to gaze at Arkos, its bright red eyes taking him in.

"Help us gather this up," Arkos said as he motioned to the loose assortment of his divine items, food, supplies and other goods.

The dragon turned its head to fix him with a single red eye before it snorted and turned away from him, utterly dismissing him as not worth its time as it plodded up and down the beach.

"Hey, I'm talking to you," Arkos growled as he stalked behind it, anvil still on his shoulder, "Give us a claw, it'll be done fast with you."

Another snort that turned some of the sand into fine iron as it began to rip and pull at nearby trees, yanking them straight out of the ground before laying them down with care... as if making a bed.

"What are you doing? You don't even sleep," Arkos said as he rubbed his brow once more, why did his creations always have such.. personality? Ah, that's right, because he enjoyed giving things freedom. He really should be like one of the many architects that delighted in curbing that. Maybe he'd get a sidekick that listened for once.

With a great heave, and the sound of clashing metal that deafened the ears, the great guardian dropped like a bag of bolts and curled its tail under its head before it closed its eyes.

"You. Don't. Even. Sleep. You. Rusty. Piece. Of. Garbage," Arkos growled between his teeth as the Guardian continued to ignore him even doing exaggerated metallic snores. With a final gnash of his teeth, Arkos lifted the anvil up and dropped it to clank against the dragon's claw.. and to harmlessly bounce to the sand. The dragon merely opened its eye to gaze at Arkos, lifted the corner of its lip to smirk at him before closing it once again and returning to 'sleep'.

"Oh, you think you're funny, do you?" Arkos said as he looked around, "Just wait, I'm going to make a collar and tie you to a.. a.... a-"

"Hey! Human, leave my dragon alone and come over here, I need you-" a high voice called out across the sand.

Wesker Purington

The first president of the great Malidon Republic surveyed the first piece of land in what would become the greatest beacon of freedom and civilization in this new world. The president took a deep breath of that fresh air, only slightly tainted by the smell of meat that was a bit old, as his whiskers waved in the wind. In his golden armor that looked like it was made of pure gold and starlight, and the beautiful hilt of his sword at his waist that exploded in a beam of blue light, Wesker knew he cut quite the dashing figure. It was why he was President, after all! And he'd win reelection for sure! How could he not? He was President Purington, father of this nation! His feline eyes took in the world around him, of his people starting to organize the dracos and mooxen, carefully cradling the precious seeds of the catnip. The nearby cottage would make a great office from which to set up their future capital house! From here, they'd have a place to rest and could take supplies from it before building superior Maihai buildings and stabilizing this region. Yes, this place would look much better when the flag of the Jolly Whiskers waving proudly from the garden. But, in truth, every place looked better with the Jolly Whiskers waving proud in the wind.

There were certainly a lot of non-maihais around, which was fine, they had a human with them, taking in these other waywards citizens wouldn't be too much. Like all great people, they could move into the republic, aid in paying taxes and work, or they could leave to find their own land! With their own vastly inferior flags that didn't have the Jolly Whiskers on it and certainly didn't enjoy their glorious Freedom and Democracy, but it was their right to choose to live in inferior nations under inferior laws and people. Wesker gazed around a bit more for their token human until they finally spotted him, it seems he was trying to converse with Wesker's dragon, "Hey! Human, leave my dragon and come over here, I need you," he shouted, beckoning him over with his paw.

The human turned and gazed at him for a few moments, something dangerously close to amusement in those dark eyes, but it was probably closer to wonderment and the human likely used humor to cover his awe, indeed, the president was asking for the humble blacksmith, "Yes, you," he said as the human pointed to himself.

"Sure, Mister President," the human said, their deep voice like grinding stones as they walked across the sands to draw closer, "How can I serve?"

"I require your height!" President Purington said, as he clasped his paws behind him and stuck out his chest.

"I'm not sure how I can give that to you, mister president," the human said as he knelt into the sand before him, "But what I have, is yours."

"I know! Good man!" Wesker said as he reached out to pat the human on the shoulder, "Good man! Now, hold out your hand, I require a podium."

The human did as he was bidden, holding out his hand so that Wesker could climb ontop and stand on it, comfortably able to do so in the giant mitt it called a hand. Slowly, the human rose to his feet and put his arm above his head, thrusting Wesker nearly 10 feet in the air where he balanced perfectly on the palm [Dexterious].

"Greetings!" Wesker shouted, his high pitched voice carried in the wind as he reached up to twirl his whiskers, giving them a few moments of silence to appreciate his golden appearance, "I am President Purington of the Malidon Republic! My great nation claims this coast and house for our use! Those who wish to stay are welcome to help in labor, exploration and taxes. Those who wish to leave to find their own land our welcome to, but I promise that those who salute the Jolly Whiskers will know only the beauty and serenity of Freedom and wonderful Democracy."

He puffed out his chest more and his gaze passed over the.... disgusting sea creatures, "You too, you disgusting crab things, are welcome in this glorious democracy."

Actions
1. The brave Maihai shall PLANT A FLAG in the garden of this lovely home and claim it for their own. Whomever lives here, if any, now has the honor and privilege of being part of the great, but fledgling, Malidon Republic. The also lay claim to all the land around it as is their DIVINE RIGHT.

You also, as an action on your turn, may attempt to claim territory. (Plant a flag I suppose.) Can be a portion of a provience or an entire one depending on its size, geography, etc. This may trigger an event where the natives may not appreciate your intrusion and claim. Creating a battle event. After this and a turn (in case players contest), you make claim and gain benefits in the territory. +1 to resource output, +1 to all rolls.

2. The Maihai will start scavenging the nearby area looking for supplies, especially, wood to start to stockpile and age into proper timber for future construction. This spot would be the first village in the GLORIOUS future of the Malidon Republic. [Keen Senses]

Breakpoint
The Cottage is to be Explored!​

Last edited:
Arthos
Far, far away, in a realm unknown to mortals. In a lonely sea of water and stars, a gargantuan inhuman figure dwelled. Whether they floated or were on solid ground was up for debate, as there was no apparent floor, nothing to indicate solid ground, despite their form resting comfortably without moving. It was nothing but water and stars in all directions, forever. Deep within the void, pincers snapped shut with incredible force, and the water rippled outwards in all direction, carrying with it the resonance of sound and compressed force. Before them, the water had condensed, and with the stars themselves as a framework, formed a canvas with which they gazed into the world. The Trial had begun, and his chosen creations had been marshaled forth, whisked away in the Tides of Fate into that wondrous world, carrying with them what minimal gifts he had been able to bestow upon them. Vision was hampered, however. One of the eyes twitched, discarding a few granules of dust. There, much better. Those stalk-like eyes observed the proceedings.

Above, some dust clouds shifted, and star light began to trickle down, illuminating the shadowy figure's hulking form. A massive ghost crab sat there. The Architect Patron of Crustacean and the Tide, Arthos. He observed the ongoing events, mildly thinking to himself. Seems the Trial Master has seen fit to place my children with...cats? Must be Arkanos' children. Cute forms, but not very artistic. There were two others, but he didn't seem to have much concern for him. What he wanted to see was what his own children would do. Ah? Seems things are proceeding. Arthos's mandibles clicked softly as he watched a flag being planted. He didn't think anyone would be so radical as to introduce the Age of Imperialism so early, but it was a fairly smart move. Charitable too, judging by the invitation extended to the others to join their apparent republic.

But the Cats were not the only one making a move. Arthos watched silently as he observed as a rowboat detached from the two ships off the shore, silently moving in.

=============================
HECTOR TIDEMAKER
Hector gazed up into the sky, cautiously observing his surroundings. The Drowned Folk was in the later stages of the blessing, nearly half his body chitinous, with one arm inding in a formidable crab claw. The other half looked fairly normal, almost like that of a human's, if not a bit pale. The clothes he wore were fairly unique, a stretchy cloth like uniform that comfortably fit over both of his unique halves. Around him was a small group of similar individuals, each boasting varying degrees of sea creature like features. One was coated in barnacles, another had an elongated face and sharp teeth. Another was like him, but more crab like. Most of them, in fact, had crab like features, an inevitability, given their patron. Good. They were all together. That was ideal. He turned slowly, his upper body rotating as he stared out beyond the coast. Not too far away, the shining lanters from two ships could be observed. One of them was his own ship, the Flying Dutchman. Christened Captain, he alone was the one who could pilot it.

The other was the Caspian, a two masted ship that might remind one of a brig. The more nautical inclined observer would note the differences, however, indicating this was its precursor, the bilander. An average merchant ship that could do a variety of tasks, from trading to combat at sea. Nothing too fancy or huge, but it was adequate at everything. Which was perfect. Already, he could see two rowboats approaching, which was a good call. He took a deep breath, wincing. Breathing air was never pleasant. He prefered the sensation of water flowing in and out through his body. Not that he would drown out of water, of course. But he was at a stage where the water was more comfortable than the land. "Gather what supplies we have with us and load them on the boats. We will be departing this place for fairer waters." He muttered softly. The scent of meat carried on the gentle breeze was peculiar, but not as peculiar as the uneasy feeling of calm he felt.

It was unnatural, like the silence and calm in the eye of a hurricane, or the calm before an approaching storm. He did not like it one bit. His orders were interrupted by a fierce shout. With a soft crunch the row boats made landfall, and the Drowned Folk began loading supplies and climbing aboard. There were not many of them, so it was a fairly expedited process. Listening to the contents of that shout, Hector shrugged dismissively. The sudden declaration of a Republic right then and there was not something he found too terribly impressive. But he was unwilling to argue or try to contest the claim. The others might, but not him. This place was not suited for their kind. "Your words wound me, 'President'," he replied, and the way he said 'President' indicated he did so with none of the respect such a vaunted title should come with, but just as the barest form of diplomatic courtesy. As acting Captain of his ship and Admiral of their dimunitive fleet, he was the closest version of a "Head of State" the Drowned Folk had, at least until they could establish a more stable nation. "You are free to have this land. We will be departing post haste." He said simply, giving a stiff bow and then turning around, climbing into the rowboat. "Perhaps we shall see each other in the near future. Fair winds and following seas!" The Drowned Folk called out, snapping his clawed hand as the rowboats were pushed off, and began making their way back to the ships.
===============
Once onboard, Hector quickly made his way to his quarters, where the fabled object of power remained. "Ready the ship, Creighton." He ordered the Dutchman's First Mate. He nodded, then came out shouting. Lanterns flashed, and the bilander also began to ready itself to sail. Sails unfurled as rigging was primed, while Hector himself placed a hand on the large celestial sphere. Before him, a map popped up, and his eyes crinkled slightly as he smiled. It was time for them to do what they did best: Sail.
==================================
Free Action: Trigger the Celestial Sphere and travel to this body of water:

image.png

BREAKPOINT: Explore that ship!
Action 1: Have the Dutchman's onboard Chemist create 1d10 units of [Ice of Life]
Action 2: Task the Sailing Master to work with the Quartermaster to devise some way to develop a means of improving the efficiency of shipboard tasks (bonus to all actions involving nautical things)

Aeventus
Turn 1

Angel_Andres_Rios.jpg
In the ever dimming light of a dying star, Aeventus looked on as it clinged on for its existence, every pulse an attempt to reignite its fire to return to its former glory. Yet Aeventus knew that just like mortals, stars had to die...and it was time for this unfortunate luminary to breathe its last breath. He often watched the spectacle of a stars demise, they were the greatest symbol that all things must come to an end, so powerful, so raw, only to extinguish like the flame of a candle on a gentle breeze. Yet...knowing all things must come to an end, doesn't mean that someone has to accept it lying down...

Beings of absolute power, fawning over their creations, is there anything more prideful? Is it pride driving the pain that you feel Kalymnos? Do you hold your people in such high regard that you would be so distraught over their passing? No...pride alone would not bring such a reaction for one lone creature. There is more to this, more to how a mere human's passing has tangled you up in a web of dispair. Could it be that it is not pride that has taken you...but love?

What a fate to befall an architect...love...even worse, love of a mortal? Why would one with such power fall for a being so insignificant? To be so overcome with anger and rage for one who is comparatively less than the smallest insect? Truth be told, I know what it is that you feel, I understand the loss felt at the passing of one held so dear. I feel the same way when I look and mingle amongst my own creations, and just how I would react if something were to happen to them...oh, how the universe would burn if they were taken from me. The rules of the game, they would be cast to the wind like dust as reality itself would be torn asunder by my fury. Existence would cease and return to the endless darkness that existed before time began, a perpetual blanket of nothing.

That is one thing we share...one thing that binds us in commonality...I will do what I can to return him to you Kalymnos…

Breakpoint Aeventus instructs the Chronus to learn whatever they can about Zinovy and the prospect of returning him to Kalymnos before leaving the area and finding themselves a new home...too many people.

Movement
image.png
Movement: Move south west.

Timelord: Move south west again.

Arrive in the lush, brightly coloured forests that the Chronus will now call home...

Actions Action 1: Fates Design - Construct a temple to Chronus that will act as the focal point of the new settlement. The temple will be designed as such that it is capable for easy expansion because it doubles as a library for storing all attained knowledge.

Action 2: Explore the surrounding areas cataloguing flora and fauna along with any useful resources. For anything useful, divise efficient means to collect and begin said process.

The Kingdom

1714778660350.pngAgainst star dust and cosmic wind, Tatius' wings beat as he traversed the great void, the realm of the Architects. He snaked between the heavenly bodies and eclipsed the many stars on his journey. The trials were to start soon. A test to pit their creations against every obstacle, even one another perhaps. As he arrived the great wyrm bellowed a guttural roar and his creations began to appear from radiant golden light. Beasts, simple in their designs and simple in their intentions.

Stepping into the world for the first time the creations of the Dove Wyrm were panicked by the uncanny and chaotic world they found themselves in. The herds and packs remained stationary as they examined the landscape, their giant hooves and paws stamping over the ground as they walked in circles.

From the herd of rams emerged one with its head held high, sniffing the air briefly before it examined the bodies that lay scattered around. They showed no signs of decay and the air was foul, just more proof of the unnaturalness of this realm. Whatever had happened here would only be healed by time, time and order.

Actions:
Movement: The Kingdom will move south
Population: Plant Sopor Grass in new location.

Breakpoint: Tatius will scry the starting province for more information and greater understanding.

Cosmo Process - T1 New
Cosmo Cosmo

1715218292743.png
You place your flag to begin the borders of your great republic. This lovely yet dark beach held a calm, a serenity to it. Pristine and wonderful. As you began to look around, the place looked dark, muted. But, it held a character. The details tenderly cared for. A beautiful section of forest with various stone stacks, swings, strange bottomless baskets on a board off the ground. Somewhere where children might grow up and play. Imaging the children of the new republic learning and growing. To build an office, to found a nation, to be president. Most of the others ran off for some reason. Likely to go to distance shores. You notice a lack of humans among them. But, plenty of mammals, reptiles, and more reasonable things. Then, you noticed a soft touch of weirder things. Shapeshifters, walking boxes, and odder things. Paid no mind to those who would foolishly leave the dawn of the republic. Why should such things be remembered!

The sea creatures vanished very quickly, almost immediately. Clearly they were lesser if they needed such things. The house went away from its abandoned state to pristine as you stepped forward. Bright colors, beautiful flowers, chalk drawings; it looked to be a lovely family ranch. One that would dot the republic in no time. But, you noticed a lot of strange things. Weird copper strings, a weird elastic, material that covered them. You felt a tingling sensation as you touched them. Was it lightning? Lightning in a metal string? How wonderous.

Then, above the door, you saw a sign that read: "Macdara Household". Then below it, you saw 4 smaller signs. Two were burned out. The other two you could read. Áedán. Zinovy. Born 1965, August 25th. Twins. How happy. So there was some residents here. The burn signs didn't have any other burn markings around them. Maybe they were for the wood? Fashion statements are always bold. You open the door and peek inside. A wonderful dining room, play area, and a study for the head of the house. The house of a affluent family. Yet, it felt odd. Like tragedy had loomed over this place. Not now, but at some point.

But before you could, you begin to hear rufflings in the trees. Your scavengers have returned. You examine the supplies. Interesting stuff. Much of which you don't quite understand. But, your feline instincts could see it.

1715220935731.png
A sense of apocalypse overcomes you as you look at it? One strange deer? Was that all came to contest your claim to this land? But as you look among the trees, you begin to notice a large number of bodies. Fresh ones... you recognized some of them. They were here not long ago. You could smell the blood. Blood of hundreds. And just with your keen senses, you noticed a corpse twitch once. Surely a deaththrow. With the calm ending, you could feel rage, danger, and sadness. Shadows begin to form into thorns. Voices begging you to run fill the air. Doom, despair... they beg you to avoid their fate. For their souls to be ground down for something....

Witches these days right?

Action 1 Decision Point: [Resolved on Discord] + Breakpoint.
  1. Attempt to speak with the creature. Surely it loves FREEDOM!​
  2. Rally the troops and intimidate the creature.​
  3. Make a strategic retreat.​
  4. Your Idea.​

Action 2 Results: Loot Gained.

4 Units of Wood.
1 Unit of Mountain Ash.
3 Units of Soul Leaves (Empty)
1 Stellar Soul Leaf.
1 Unit of Undead Berries.
A strange, reflective circle stone with a hole in the middle.

YUXI | the celestial koi
TURN ONE
Her eyes lingered on a weathered tapestry hung upon her wall near an open circular window, its stitches frayed with time and ink stains marking the passage of countless tales, each telling poignant stories of lives lost, torn, and scattered. A small yet proud smile made its way to her lips as she reached out, her fingers delicately tracing the outlines of the symbols appearing as she made her way around the left corner.

A bull-horned helmet and bone-teethed necklace.

"Draven. Xanthe." Their names slipped through her tongue, a battle cry chant in her mind, remembering the loud calls they'd yell before the big hunt. "Kailen drosk, Azura elen." (Strength in the hunt, wisdom in the journey)

Though Yuxi could no longer reminisce, the time was near, and the trial was beginning. She believed in the strength of her creations to emerge fiercely victorious, especially against those of Arkanos.

The scars within her heart could mend but never heal. One wrong move taught her the fragility of the world, and how it could crumble under the weight of unprepared choices. Her responsibility as an observer clashed with her desire to interfere in the short lives of her creations, a duality of contradiction. Yet, she chose to observe and carefully guide their decisions and growth, attempting to mold their strength and courage amidst tumultuous waters.

With a brief look to gaze upon the world her creations were dropped, it seems Kalymnos had already unintentionally assisted her in pushing them to a limit. Yuxi wondered how different this world was compared to the one she had created previously with a certain celestial smith. However, her curiosity was curbed by the reminder, the memories of what transpired between them, shattered glasses that could maybe never be repaired.

Her gaze turned to Kusui, once a formidable weapon but now shattered into pieces. With a shake of her head, Yuxi stepped away from her room and into the luminous night. A glow emitted from her form as she absorbed the essence of the moon, seeking to illuminate her creation's darkest moments. Without a word, Yuxi slowly closed her eyes, her form transforming into that of a koi fish. Her scales shimmered with a silvery glow, echoing the ever-changing phases of the celestial body she embodied. Gracefully, she circled the circular moon, creating a halo of light to mark the auspicious moment.

────────── {⌘} ──────────​

THE INUBUWANS | the moon hounds
TURN ONE

"Nari?" A quiet, tiny voice called out from the thickness of the air, "We... go... now? Feels icky."

Maintaining her posture without any sudden shifts, Nari's sharp gaze remained vigilant, scanning their surroundings before gently turning towards her baby sister. Nabi, despite being a pup, possessed senses that surpassed her peers, a reassurance that she could fill her sister's shoes in the future. With a soft rumble of growl, Nari affirmed their next steps.

It didn't take much convincing for Nabi to lower her guard; her confidence in her older sister's abilities remained unwavering. Her attention shifted to the flickering tail beside her, curiosity sparking within her as she felt the urge to pounce at the moving target. Readying herself, Nabi lowered herself to the ground before springing towards the other pup.

"Hey, stop that!" the young male pup yipped, startled by Nabi's playful attempt to catch his tail. His heart almost leaped out of his chest as Nabi's agile leap surprised him. He let out a small growl in warning towards Nabi, his tail flicking nervously amidst the eerie surroundings. However, there was a mix of surprise and amusement in his eyes as he continued to wag his tail just out of Nabi's reach, a distraction from the world that felt like it was slowly entrapping them.

But, their antics were quickly interrupted by Nari's urgent tone, "No more playing, you two."

As they prepared to move, Nari's sharp senses picked up on more than just the playful banter. She felt the tremors beneath her paws, a subtle but unnerving reminder of the instability of the forsaken place. The scene around them, littered with corpses, some hanging limply from trees while others littered the ground, added to the sense of the danger they would succumb to if they lingered longer.

Another figure moved, sidling beside her, his posture bulkier than her sleek size. "We will go first, taking the pups and elder, all of the Hwasangs," he stated firmly, his eyes scanning, a sense of urgency in his tone that left no room for arguments.

Nari nodded firmly, placing her trust in the Shinbujin, while a Yurigwan motioned for them to begin the process. The air seemed to thicken with tension, every rustle of the leaves carried an ominous weight. In the corner of the Yurigwan's eye, he focused on a figure that... perhaps hadn't been there before. Or so he thought. "It is wise to leave now. The trials have begun, and though we are watched by both the Lady of the Moon and the Lady of the Arcane, my senses tell me, it is not their essence. We are not alone."

At those words, the Yurigwan wasn't referring to the three other groups nearby - a herd of animals, boxed figures, and spirits - who were quick to take action far away from the land. Nari noted their movements, keeping an extra ear out for any screams or the smell of blood. However, a small shiver ran up Nari's spine as she pawed the ground, feeling her weight shift due to the unevenness. Her eyes caught sight of a tower in the north, and following her gaze, the Yurigwan shook his head, "No, Nari. We should not approach."

As a small fluttering sound caught their attention, Nari and the Yurigwan glanced upward, spotting the spirit of a bird hovering above them.

────────── {⌘} ──────────​

Breakpoint: A select few Daljeonin will stay behind to observe the Tower that drew their attention. They will keep a safe distance while carefully documenting the surrounding area to understand the events that transpired in the land.​
Movement: The Inubuwans will start their departure from the land, seeking refuge away from Lake Ursa and venturing towards the west.​
Action 1: The Inubuwans will set up a settlement in a suitable location, creating a space for shelter for the different tribes.​
Action 2: After securing shelter, the Inubuwans will gather resources and explore their new-found area to familiarise themselves with the surroundings.​
briefly mentions: Cosmo Cosmo , Kloudy Kloudy , LadyOfStars LadyOfStars , Trektek Trektek

The Architect Trial

KardByrd

The Cardboardians or Kardbyrdians depending on who among the collective you spoke with, did not like this place that they had first appeared in. Their lord and god, KardByrd had never steered them wrong. Not in anything regarding the Cats or the Dogs or the balance of power between all three which tended to shift back and forth.

Things were usually much more amicable with the Dogs than the Cats. As the Cats wished to hollow them out and use them all for homes or play areas. This was done in their many wars. A grotestc sight for them, though many others species would not mind.

But now that they were here for this “trial”, they would have to prove their worth,. That Tower was ominous and so was this land. As such, The Leader would be taking the majority of their people out East to a Large Tree to make a new home.

The rest of them would support THE PEOPLE and build a fort and collect supplies to send to their new Home Out East.

Movement: Most of the Kardbyrdians fold up into The Cardboard Dragons and HEAD OUT EAST TO THE GIANT TREE.

Action 1: Those that are left build a Fort for Defense and gather supplies for THE GREATER GOOD
Action 2: Make Contact with The Inubuwans to FORM AN ALLIANCE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back