• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Daris planted his feet as the harsh waves struck the ship. He did his beat to stabilize himself but in the end found a peice of the ship to hold onto.

He gritted his teeth as his durag flew off of his head exposing his naturally curly blonde hair and elven ears. From the corner of his eyes he saw the first mate get hit by debris and fly into the ocean.

He wanted to jump in and save her but with the winds how they are and the impact of the hit. It was most likely she was unconscious and a good few meters away from the ship. If he tried to jump in now there would be two graves. The best he could hope for was one of those worthless deities to keep her alive until the storm passed. Than he could jump in for her wether to save her or retrieve her body.

Alder enjoyed the waves beneath him and the winds blowing on his wooden face, this type of weather was normal for him to enjoy. It was hard for the waves and wind to knock Alder down as his body was heavy, his wooden feet ingrained themselves with the deck of the ship making it easier to stay on by friction alone, and with him walking with a sway similar to the waves all of those factors helped him negate the effect of the wild waves on him.
It was then that he saw a falling overboard First Mate Zoe, with a wound on her head, with swift motion Alder gathered the water vapor in the air and solidified it as ice around the place of impact, to secure it though that did not help her as he was too far to do anything else than that.

Alder raised his voice so he could be heard even through the roaring gales of the sea, and said.
"Worry not, if fate permits we will find her again, for now, we should worry about ourselves for if we are dead, there is no reason to look for her. But don't worry as she fell I placed a piece of my ice on the place of impact from the debris flying by so at least it should not fester from seawater."

Khione braces herself against one of the ships masts as the storm came, trying to manage the ropes when she saw the First Mate struck and sent overboard. She raises one hand and whispers a prayer "Ragethiel light my way in the darkness" as a small globe of light appears above the warpriest's head. (Khione casts Light)

Khione grabs a rope and makes sure it is secured to the mast, and then moves carefully over to the railing near where Zoe was pitched over, her light following above her head and shining out so she could look for any sign of the First Mate.

the storm seems to grow in furiosity, then suddenly dissipates. Zuul appears where all 3 of u can hear him. "That no natural storm. It had mark of occult ritual all over. I could call such storm with.... where i put?" starts checking pouches and pockets. "No matter... Me... I mean I... not know if we were targetted or just in way." He appears to be concentrating on his words, trying to sound professional. "Me think captain behined making storm go away. He seem to always be working magics." The captain was now nowhere to be seen. "What we do now?"

Daris checked his footing before moving close to Zuul staying out of arms length. "I know I'm new here compared to most of you. But if we have some sea hag or other spell caster dogging us. We should hurry and find the first mate." He said as he looked at the others. He than looked outwards to the sea. Didn't see anything strange. Storm must've cleared everything.
"Than we make this caster pay. If we try and run sail away there's no guarantee we'll be safe."

Last edited:
Khione emerged from below decks after the storm and listened to Zuul. "So the Captain dispelled the storm? Ok. So the First Mate was cast overboard, she could be anywhere, and odds are not great that she survived in the open water in such a storm. I am not sure if we could find her unless we are very lucky. There is a lot of open sea out there. Do we continue on our path? Is there any land nearby?"

Shana: "Hmmm a potentially malicious spell..." casts detect magic. "Excuse me! Excluding sources on this ship, there's magic being used almost straight below us. I cant speak for its strength, but the feeling i get from it is familiar, like it could cause a storm like we had."

Daris hears the sorceress than looks down. It was under the sea he didn't know how deep but like he said before there were no chance this caster was going to let them go.

He makes sure his raiper and dagger is secure. "Shana how deep do you think this magical feeling is coming from?" He asked. If it wasn't too far down he could take a dive and find the caster. They also still needed to find the first mate.

Khione emerged from below decks after the storm and listened to Zuul. "So the Captain dispelled the storm? Ok. So the First Mate was cast overboard, she could be anywhere, and odds are not great that she survived in the open water in such a storm. I am not sure if we could find her unless we are very lucky. There is a lot of open sea out there. Do we continue on our path? Is there any land nearby?"
Zuul: Me...I not know for sure that the Captain did it, but me have a suspicion.

Last edited:
"I'm coming with you to the down below. A water kineticist in the waters is a force to be reconned with, even though I cannot use much of my kinetic powers I should be a great companion for you underwater. Though breathing under the water is not within my realm of expertise, so if any of you can manage to help with that I would be grateful."
Said Alder as he wanted to help the crew of this ship, even though he himself wasn't one of them but they did help him, and kindness needs to be repaid tenfold, while injustice hundredfold as his ancestors once said so that he will follow those words.
Alder walked up to Daris placed his hand upon his chest and casted Light creating a small ball of light which shall follow him no matter where he goes for the day.
"Let the true light guide you so no false light might mislead you."
Having done that Alder raised his hand from Daris's chest and placed it firmly between his antlers casting another light, before turning to the crew and saying.
"Who else wishes to dive into the depths of the waters to search for the source of this misfortune, mayhaps even finding your member who fell overboard, please step up, so I can grant the light to you as well. Though I do have to warn you, I only have two lights left within me for the day."

Shana: I can take care of the breathing if we're quick. Zuul: I go. Me...I Have much occult knowledge... could be of help.

Last edited:
Khione sighs muttering to herself "I hate water."

She shakes her head. "I have a prayer I can use that will grant me an hour of air. I guess if they are anywhere they are down there, aren't they?"

Shana: "anyone without cold resistance may have to deal with shock btw, though I am no healer who knows the ins and outs of shock." Zuul: "Speaking of shock, Zoe's true form is kitsune. you have all seen her human form. May come up." Captain Marquis: "If you all are going after the first mate, I have to stay with the ship, but best of luck out there. Truly...Zoe is like a sister to me."

Daris let out a breath as he looked out to the ocean with determination in his eyes."Don't worry captain we'll get her back." Daris said with a smile on his lips. He looked over at the priest. "If you don't mind cast the spell." I say before walking towards the side of the ship. He looked at the ball of light and silently thanked the treeman. He readied himself and bracing himself for the cold.

Shana: "Well I'm casting Air Bubble on myself, Kione, and one other. The cold won't bother me overmuch. Are we ready?"

Last edited:
Shana and Khione cast spells on everyone. Nothing seems to happen. Zuul sticks pieces of parchment to your armor, skin whatever, and in moments, the parchment is absorbed into whatever it was put on, leaving a sigil giving u slight protection against severe cold. Then everyone dives into the water. Air bubbles form around those who can't breathe in water. You all swim almost straight down. You see an underwater volcano. Zuul looks at his wrist. He says "Evil Intent" and points to the volcano. You all enter and end up in an underwater cavern chamber with 3 cells. Figures are within the cells.

Note: Zuul has used 6/10 talismans.

"I just came back from the waters and back down I go. I just hope I won't end up as another piece of driftwood after today." Said Alder as he jumped into the waters below, slowly sinking down into the depths below. As the water hugged his wooden body he felt at home, but he had a job to do so he followed his companions further down until they approached the underwater volcano, there Alder activated his kinetic gate, making small swirls in the water around him as his powers activated.
Alder swam closer to his companions, looking at the cells and the chamber in its entirety, he wondered if he could break the cells open by manipulating water around it but he refrained from doing that for now.

Last edited:
A female kobold is unconscious in what appears to be an air bubble in the first cell. A human male is in the second cell. He is conscious and also in an air bubble if that's what they are. The third cell is too far away to see clearly. You see 3 armed merfolk. As you enter, merfolk 1 sees everyone, merfolk 2 and 3 see khione only.
(this time im gonna treat it on a point for point basis, meaning that each one can only target who they can see.)

Daris kept swimming downwards. The water pressure was starting to get to him he fallowed Zuul and the others into the cavern and saw the cells. He treaded water as he peered into one of the cells. He saw the kobold and tried to see what he could do for the small lizard. His movement stopped as he felt a presence.

He turned and saw the merefolk. He seemed to be able to evade two of them only to see the last one notice him. Pulling out his raiper he readied himself.

Shana moves 6 feet north and 2 feet west and casts electric ark on merfolk 1 and 2 dealing 6 to merfolk 1 and 5 to merfolk 2. merfolk 1 moves 6 feet south and 2 west and attacks Shana. Shana takes 9 damage.

Zuul moves behind shana. He pulls a chalice from under his robe, "You sip. Feel good." Shana gains 3 temperary HP. (alder's actions occur before zuul's)

Last edited:
Adler moved forward and to the right as far as he could before unleashing a small ice like explosion between two of the merfolk enemies. Covering both merfolk in a sheet of ice which would require some work to remove but it would slow them down, but sadly only one of them was injured by it for 3 points of cold damage.

Daris looked at merfolk three. He pushed all his malice and hatred as his irises and pupils shrank into small dots as he glared at the merefolk it appeared to do nothing. He than swam fast and thrusted his raiper. The strike was off balanced missing. He watched the fishman closely

Last edited:
merfolk 2 (15 HP) throws a club at daris and misses. merfolk 3 (17 HP) strikes at daris with a club, hitting for 8 damage. Khione (26 HP) moves north 12 feet and uses two actions to fully heal daris. Shana (14 HP) casts electric arc on merfolk 1 and 2, dealing 6 damage to each. Merfolk 1 (14 HP) attacks Zuul with a club and successfully hits for 7.

Last edited:
Alder quickly stomped his wooden body towards the two merfolk near him, hitting both merfolk 2 and merfolk 3 at the same time in their chests with his wooden palms infused with the cold energy which seeped into them dealing 5 and 4 damage respectively. It was a sight to behold for the old tree to be moving so well under the water and after such a long time but it was the domain of his god so who knows maybe he had a little help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back