Interest Check: Fantasy World

shepsquared

Hopeful Fool
So I've had a game that sank on me that I sort of want to retry. It was set in the One Piece world and used a very poorly written system that I found on the interwebs, but I didn't realise that until half way through the game.

So I'm going to give it another shot. Probably a freeform system that would only use dice if pvp became a thing and I needed an unbiased decision quickly. That said, it doesn't have to be One Piece. I have a few vague ideas for Final Fantasy, D&D-esque fantasy, Exalted style and Megaman (notably not fantasy).

The game itself wouldn't start until I'm done with exams (so July), but let me know if you're interested and/or which one you'd prefer.

Hmm... wouldn't something very open ended, such as Mutants and Masterminds, work best for something like One Peace... Then again, I am very much interested in a Megaman campaign.

Interest Checks do not belong in Looking for Players Anymore. As such, I moved your thread out and into RP Discussion.

The idea is we are converting Looking for Players for fully final games, ones that are GO right away. Games that are being done.

Use the [ADVICE] tag for asking if people are interested in a game before proceeding to developing the game further or the [bRAINSTORM] tag if you want to build a base for the game with some members of the site.

edit: Threads from previous times will remain for simplicity as this is a new development regarding interest checks vs. L4P

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough.

I repeat myself, of course- a Final Fantasy game would be fun...

You'd just need to decide /which/ of the MANY Final Fantasy Worlds.

Maybe Dissidia as an Tabletop/RP kind of thing?

My vote remains in favor of a Megaman game... I know the source material well and have been longing for a chance to play in the world.

Pineapple said:
Interest Checks do not belong in Looking for Players Anymore. As such, I moved your thread out and into RP Discussion.
The idea is we are converting Looking for Players for fully final games, ones that are GO right away. Games that are being done.

Use the [ADVICE] tag for asking if people are interested in a game before proceeding to developing the game further or the [bRAINSTORM] tag if you want to build a base for the game with some members of the site.

edit: Threads from previous times will remain for simplicity as this is a new development regarding interest checks vs. L4P
Sorry. I won't make that mistake again.

SephirothSage said:
Fair enough.
I repeat myself, of course- a Final Fantasy game would be fun...

You'd just need to decide /which/ of the MANY Final Fantasy Worlds.

Maybe Dissidia as an Tabletop/RP kind of thing?
Custom world based more on V than the others, though we may make the first part world building.

vinom said:
My vote remains in favor of a Megaman game... I know the source material well and have been longing for a chance to play in the world.
Which Megaman Universe?

World Building Sesh might be fun, actually- mix and match some of everyone involved's favorite traits fro mvarious FF Worlds?

Color me interested, and also voicing my overall disinterest in the One Piece World and another vote for megaman. We could do Megaman X, since reploid maverick hunters were fairly common in that universe.

Megaman era might be fun if we're a spec-ops team sent to deal with the robot uprising. Humans kitbashing weapons out of robot parts behind enemy lines.

I may do the final fantasy world building anyway (I won't start dming 2 games at once).

As for Megaman: I can do a Classic, ZX, Starforce or Battle Network game. I've never touched X or Zero unfortunately.

vinom said:
Megaman era might be fun if we're a spec-ops team sent to deal with the robot uprising. Humans kitbashing weapons out of robot parts behind enemy lines.
You wpould be so squishy and some Robot Masters would kill you far too easily (Elec Man, Metal Man, Air Man etc)

Man, you missed out with X and Zero, excellent games.

I'm fine with the final fantasy world. I haven't played final fantasy in a while so it'll be fun to revisit a world like that.

shepsquared said:
I may do the final fantasy world building anyway (I won't start dming 2 games at once).
As for Megaman: I can do a Classic, ZX, Starforce or Battle Network game. I've never touched X or Zero unfortunately.

You wpould be so squishy and some Robot Masters would kill you far too easily (Elec Man, Metal Man, Air Man etc)
True... then we'd be rebuild as Cyborg-Joes :-3.

Battle network would be rather cool too... Dibs on being/having the Navi Quint.

No, Sakugarne is a signature buff chip which lasts until he's shot off it. His default weapon would be a weaker then normal energy blade that fires a weaker then normal buster blast from it's apex, a-la Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha.

If permissible, I was thinking a backstory involving Megaman.exe, Protoman.exe, Copybot.exe, and a Navi Copyman.exe was strong arming and a server mirror which goes in a feed back loop for a few hours, which is like centuries on the inside time frame. After that glitch is finally fixed, the only navi remaining of the four that were copied in there is a unknown Navi which called himself the fifth to complete the Quintet.

Hmmm:

In MMBN you start off with a default weapon (ie: charge buster, buster/shield, sword, etc) and possibly an element (ie: fire wood, etc). You gain additional weapons by defeating viruses and other Navi's, taking data you gain from the battle and converting it into battle chips. Most viruses can be turned into only 1 battle chip, while Navi's tend to give out a weapon and a summon.

Battle chips can also be purchased with Zennies, as can NaviCust programs. I am currently unsure how to implement Style Changes/Double Souls and the actual NaviCust system and intend for all weapons other than your defualt to have an energy bar which determines how many times you can use them.

vinom said:
If permissible, I was thinking a backstory involving Megaman.exe, Protoman.exe, Copybot.exe, and a Navi Copyman.exe was strong arming and a server mirror which goes in a feed back loop for a few hours, which is like centuries on the inside time frame. After that glitch is finally fixed, the only navi remaining of the four that were copied in there is a unknown Navi which called himself the fifth to complete the Quintet.
So Copybot.exe is obviously a program which turns into robotocised version of whoever he is fighting and Copyman.exe turns into near exact duplicates?

Copybots are real life robots navis can pilot. Copyman.exe is a undernet navi based on Copy Robot from Megaman 1. He duplicates other navi's form and uses a move set like that navi with some high level chips thrown in.

So effectively Megaman.exe, Protoman.exe and Copyman.exe were duking it out in a Copybot which somehow led to the creation of Quint.exe?

Something like that, a Navi unintentionally created through a computer glitch and the actions of those three Navi (and one other so the whole Fifth man->Quintet->Quint naming scheme worlds out). Those action need not have yaken place in a copybot... any where the plot wants it to have taken place is fine.

I was thinking a server or computer that glitch and just left copies the four in a room together for subjective years cause the clock cycles ramped and they had no way to gauge actual outside time. When the error was fixed, the only Navi left was Quint, an amalgem of the fours code after centuries of compounding errors and insanity, as a good way to tie in Quint's "I'm-Megaman-from-the-future" backstory.

No clue. They could be mostly freeform with a few dice rolls for pvp and climaxes. I have a homebrew for Megaman I found that we could adapt, the main issue is that I don't know if it was ever play tested for a forum game. Not sure if there's a system that can do Final Fantasy though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back