Experiences How old were you when you first started roleplaying?

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I was fifteen or sixteen. I hung out in the anime and art sections of Gaia a lot, and was warming up to the idea of dabbling in writing. I guess I took to it like a duck to water, huh? Still, I feel like an outsider in a lot of ways for having started at a later age. Maybe it's because we still had dial-up until I was in high school. There were a few instances in 8th grade where some friends tried to get me into D&D, but a group never panned out and I had no idea what was going on.

What about the rest of you?

I believe I was around 14 when I started. Barely entering highschool, trying as many to get writing my own ideas for a fandom.

I submit my first CS when I was 13/14, since it was denied I'm not sure that counts. Before that I used to get IC in Ragnarok Online, but I don't remember when I first started doing so, since I began playing when I was around 10. Only "formally" started doing that after joining this forum, so I guess 21 is the safe answer.

Roleplayed out in the playground around 12 - 13. Around that time the same group of friends and I joined Gaia Online which is where we discovered forum roleplays. So around 13 - 14 officially.

I think I was 17, and I also started on Gaia Online. It actually played a part in my decision to major in English. I even used some of the stuff I wrote for contests on Gaia in my creative writing classes, lol.

Oh, man. I started at a pretty young age. I was 10 years old and probably a little too young to be hanging out on online forums but there was a forum I was part of dedicated to a Disney game I used to play. They had a roleplaying section filled with really cringey but fun group roleplays ran mostly by twelve year old girls. It's where I first started writing and where where I found my tribe. It changed my life and I haven't looked back since <3

I was twelve. I started on FooPets of all sites, lol. (They’ve long since gotten rid of the RP forum.) I distinctly remember being newly twelve and my friend introducing me to FooPets and dragging me into RP. Fun times.

About 11 or 12! Started on minecraft of all places, but was a pleasant environment to start- and a lot of fun

8 or 9. MonkeyQuest forums were open to anyone with a pulse and an account. I was a very bad writer, did a lot of suey things, but hey, what else would someone that young do?

Technically, 13. But then I had a break when I didn't rp at all, and I'm not sure when was that moment when I resumed.

11; I started with pencil and paper and only rped that way until the end of my freshman year of high school. Took a hiatus then graduated to an online rp my senior year of high school. That lasted about two/three years, then took another hiatus until I joined rpnation!

...is that weird? I take too many hiatuses I think...

My guess is I was 13 when I first started. I often stayed on this pokemon card maker website that had a chat room and sometimes people in it would role play. After I got comfortable enough talking there and was a regular I started to role play with them.

ten or eleven. i was browsing through stardoll clubs and joined something called “rptimelol” cause it sounded fun. been hooked ever since.

I was eleven! I started on a warrior cats forum becaude I got obsessed with the books. I forget how I found it.

I was nine or ten when I started roleplaying =P I joined a goofy RP which evolved into a really exceptional story that lasted for a year or so.

12. I tried warriors larp with two of my friends in intermediate school and immediately got into it with online rp.

I was 9 and we transferred from 'playing pretend' to writing down our weird fanon larping stories.
Anyway.
That's a thing.
I never want to see any of those stories oml.

Anyway, I joined my FIRST roleplaying forum at 10, and joined here at 12 13.

Fun fact: my first game here was an anthro experiments RP and while I hate my character it was pretty good. welian welian has DMed a lot of games I've been into. I started off doing a lot of black butler fan stuff and ended up doing lengthly original character roleplays. Rip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back