To play as a Cult dedicated to the arts of lies, illusions, and seduction. They are known as Psychophants. They were once used as powerful spies and illusionists, able to use their powers to bend the minds and wills of others. Of course, such powers illicited no end of fear and paranoia in those around them, especially within Kings and Emperors. No one could ever be truly sure that their thoughts and feelings and actions were truly their own, not when they had a Psychophant in their court. When eventually fear and paranoia overcome the rich and powerful, the Psychophants were cast out and hunted down.

After centuries in exile, hiding from their many enemies, the Psychophants shall finally make their return.

To play as a Cult dedicated to the arts of lies, illusions, and seduction. They are known as Psychophants. They were once used as powerful spies and illusionists, able to use their powers to bend the minds and wills of others. Of course, such powers illicited no end of fear and paranoia in those around them, especially within Kings and Emperors. No one could ever be truly sure that their thoughts and feelings and actions were truly their own, not when they had a Psychophant in their court. When eventually fear and paranoia overcome the rich and powerful, the Psychophants were cast out and hunted down.

After centuries in exile, hiding from their many enemies, the Psychophants shall finally make their return.
What sort of area would you want to start off in?

Most cults are on the island to the east part of the map, but since they're thing is deception, I could see them living on the mainland in disguise somehow.

In an area with a young Lord who is small in power but has lots of potential. The Psychophants would infiltrate such a court, bewitch the Lord, and use him to spread their influence.

That's doable, is being part of the main FoS thread fine?

Any alterative faction names? (srry 4 dismissal of psychophants)

Sure, I guess.

As for alternative names, they would present themselves as some manner of diminished nobility, a family that have long lost their lands and titles but still have the noble blood, if that matters at all.

They would take the name of a respectable but extinct noble family, claiming themselves to be a long lost but surviving branch of this family. If you know of such a family from your own lore that would fit, feel free to grant it to them.

But amongst themselves, in private, they know themselves as Psychophants.

Pick an area on the map to set up near, I'll add new locations for ya.

Throw out some random settlement names, too.

On the coast, to the north of Rooster Keep.

Random settlement names:
Harrow
Fairfields
Jessop Hills
Darkwater
Pennmorne

I found a few starting locations north of RK, any preference? Have their regions labelled. Also, name of the caput/castle?

1691508510722.png

Obsidian Obsidian What do you think about going across the River and taking over Godydd and such? I don't think that you actually mind which country you are technically part of.

Obsidian Obsidian What do you think about going across the River and taking over Godydd and such? I don't think that you actually mind which country you are technically part of.
Sure, why not. I'm guessing there's plenty of unclaimed territory over that way. And yeah, it doesn't really matter which country I start in, as long as my Psychophants can worm they way up into their power structures.

What's the name of the noble family they've infilitrated/are?

little has happened in your region

but yeah i understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back