• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter Three

Cool. I'll hold on the jamming until we are in the middle of a furball. Thanks.

Sure, Sherwood!

Keep in mind, obtaining advanced hardware like an ECM wing pod or something like TacCorp's VFH-10B will not only improve Mario's ECM options but your team's overall capabilities. =)

I am seeing on the news that there has been a pedestrian bridge collapse in Miami, Florida that just happened, and there are some vehicles trapped underneath it. Everyone ok on your end there, Purr Purr and Kaerri Kaerri ?

O.K., now. =) I goofed and hit Post Reply early while writing our in-game post. Here's the post that was supposed to go up there:

Heya folks! Catch up in-game then read this, please. =)

Kaerri Kaerri
Elinor was about to answer Shirley when she heard (read?) Unit One's words in her mind.

Up until this point, everything that has come from outside of each of your characters' heads has been read, not heard. Visual only, no sound.

Concerning the Polyphonic Nexus, shall we place all future telepathic dialogue in bold type? This will save us from having to type out, "my character thought at..." and so forth. Plus, it avoids colorizing text (which, for me, is a pain in the neck on my phone).

Your thoughts, friends?

Sounds good. That way we don't have to keep typing 'I say this out loud' or 'I send this through the nexus'.

Heya friends! I am posting through my phone here. Please forgive any mistakes.

Re: Mario. Dann sez, "Still, Mario made the attempt... and somehow, someway, he lucked himself onto a radio channel that happened to be right in the middle of a short conversation... in the Zentraedi language!"

Sherwood, just to let you know you rolled extremely low on the percentile dice to make the radio attempt. While that roll was not enough to find the frequency Mario was looking for, I had to give him something for getting so very close, hence the Dolza-Zentraedi conversation. =)

Plus, I am really enjoying this interaction, especially what's going on now between between Toph and Mario! Ha ha!

Toph lets out a glare at the red-faced Italian. "'Mechakitten seems to like him, too?' Good grief! Please tell me that we are not risking our lives on the opinion of a mechanical cat!" She looks over at Elinor and Mackenzie for back-up.

I chuckled when I read Sherwood's post but, I cracked up laughing when I read this! =)

Heya folks! I will attempt to post either tomorrow or the day after. Make it a good day, not just for you, but for someone else too! =)

Hey folks! I had to edit my last post, so just in case you read it 2 or 3 minutes ago, the post has changed since then. I think I hit Post Reply too early. That's what I get for trying to post on my phone here! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri It looks like some folks have some questions for your characters! Have fun! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie Kaerri Kaerri

Hey you guys and gals! Listen up - I have big news!

If you want to buy Palladium Robotech books, now is the time! Palladium is losing their Robotech license and is liquidating their Robotech stock. We're talking big discounts.

The Home of Palladium Books and their Role Playing Games

This makes me sad, because some of their best attempts at making Robotech and even more popular game unfortunately have fallen through, but Palladium is going to stay alive and kicking one way or the other.

So, if you want the books in your hands, get them while you can. Take care and have fun, friends!

Aw, man! That probably means that there will not be any new Robotech books - EVER! Unless the new buyer decides to make up a version of the game using a new system.

That sucks! I had hoped for some new stuff - granted that it would have been a few years with as slow as the production schedule is, but there was still a chance of new material.

Yeah... I was greatly looking forward to their Robotech book of big starships and space fighters.

After March 31st, Palladium won't be able to sell anything at all under the Robotech license. I find myself strongly wanting to purchase everything I can that we can use for our game that I don't already have, PDFs included.

I sent a message to Epiphany because I know she is also a big Robotech fan. Like her, I cannot imagine playing Robotech under a different gaming system.

Heya friends! Important heads-up here.

Cap'n has Real Life going on. Do not worry about him; he is fine, but unable to game for a while.

Otiorin and Hercules are, effective immediately, in Temporal Stasis until further notice.

In-game, they simply disappear, peacefully and quietly. Just like Killfire's character Bronze, Cap'n's characters' XP are not penalized and they can come to no harm.

Please roleplay your characters as if Captain's characters have simply gone on a trip with full intentions to return to your party (just the same way you might talk about Leonard Wolf the Ranger or Kitrin the Hobbit). Game on!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Thanks for the heads-up about Cap.

I just finished placing my order for the limited edition Gold Robotech Core Rules book. Signed and numbered, only 500 were ever printed. With the discount, it made it affordable on my budget. I got that book since I already have the full run of books in hard copy, and it is my way of making a farewell salute to the game.

I also realize that Mario is now the only Hover Tank pilot in the group. Perhaps I should cross-train in the Ajax so we can all be fliers? I don't want to be the only one slowing the party down.

Sherwood, Re: Gold Robotech Core Rules book. I was really caught up in Real Life when I typed this stuff earlier today, but after you wrote that, I thought... "Damn, I want to make a farewell salute like that too." I just ordered mine.

I also ordered a second copy of Robotech Masters sourcebook (I have a manga-sized signed copy I got for Christmas from Palladium's terrific X-Mas grab bag), and I've always wanted a 8 x 11 version. And for $8.38, how can I pass it up?

So... I have ordered them both! =)

Hey folks? I would like everyone to read the next paragraph (especially the part in bold).

Re: Mario cross-training in the Ajax. Great idea, but that presumes Mario gets to fly one (the General being who and what he is and the mission's outcome as yet uncertain). I recommend putting that idea on the backburner for now? For now, just learn what you feel is important in-game, get the tank back (it was two tanks, but with Hercules in TS, it's now one).

Heya friends!

I will try to post sometime tomorrow depending on how Real Life goes.

Stay healthy and have fun!

Heya folks!

At this stage, if you guys want Mario and/or Toph instead to give Traversing the door a try, or if you want to try any other plan, now is the time to speak up.

As for Shirley, don't worry - she's just letting off some steam. Being the leader of you wacky people is tough enough without all these curve balls and "Steele"-rolling over you! =)

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Oh! One more thing: I want Mecha pilots to have the Navigation skill for free. Check your character sheets? If for some reason you don't have it at all, please go and add it in the same way I added Sensory Equipment and Weapons Systems to your characters at start.

If your character does not have Navigation, please add any bonus your character would get from Pilot Related skills. If your character has Navigation, then make no changes unless you paid an "Other" or Secondary Skill for it, then feel free to swap out another skill at the level of experience you purchased Navigation for. =)

At this stage, if you guys want Mario and/or Toph instead to give Traversing the door a try, or if you want to try any other plan, now is the time to speak up.
I (and Elinor) am game to give it a try, if you guys don't mind.

Or I guess Mario wants to take over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back