• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG THAT IS TOO FUNNY!! I was laughing loudly enough Dann (in the other room) says, "What's going on?" So I grabbed my tablet to show him and now he's laughing too ^D^

Well done, Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr !

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr HAhahaahahahaha!! THAT IS FANTASTICALLY-FUNNY, WOLF! 8D

Buddy, you have really outdone yourself! That's gotta be the funniest picture in the game since Boromir and the "They have a 16 Hit Dice Party Killer" picture! Oh, Wolf! You are great! *hugs* =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

P.S. "Tee-heeee!" =)

I dunno, I think it beats out Boromir because it's ours. <3

Oh, it certainly beats it - it's just funniest thing since!

Dear Wolf, it's worth repeating - you have really outdone yourself this time! =)

Now I've got Bria and Mamapaw in my head talking! =)

Bria: "Hey, now! Why aren't we in the story?!"
Mamapaw huffing and puffing: "Be- *huff* because I have thrown you over my shoulder and hightailed it out of there!"
Bria: "But what about our friends?"
Mamapaw: "Do not worry! We will start a new party! Until then, we are the, um, Wayward Weasels! Now stop your struggling!"

Meanwhile...

Nivirea: "Is it too late to change my mind?"
Dragons: "YES!!" =)

Minor problem with that. See, the difficulty class (DC) is.... <REDACTED BY DUNGEON MASTER>

Or in other words, gaming has yet to make dice that big! =) Hah!

Oh, that'll work! Let's see...

Luna learns that the spell is called... DM-Infused Mountain Dew! What a shocker!! Ha ha! 8D

I live to serve *woof*

It was just something that sort of morphed inside my head when I read your post mentioning the DM-induced Mountain Dew, and what started as a vague scene with a photoshopped can of soda falling upon our characters ended up what it is now :D Ah, the best things in life are always spontaneous, am I right?

I wanted to draw the characters but since I suck at drawing I had to use picture off profiles, and the NPCs don't have any so... yeah :/

But I'm so glad I entertained you all (^^) Thanks for the praise *rawrrr*

p.s. Sherwood, one of the earliest versions actually had Luna rolling a 2, then I decided that all dice fails jokes should be reserved for Captain's sake ;) (you know we'll need as many as we can gather loll)

Yeah, I'm happy for us to step it up a notch. I'm looking forward to experiencing more of the world you created and while the current state of affairs has been enjoyable, I think I'm ready to see what else Sharseya has to offer. Oti wants to experience the sights, sounds and smells of the big city!

Captain Hesperus

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Hey, folks? Sharseya is my player-driven game (or sandbox). With that in mind, I have a question for all of you - would you mind if I took the helm of the game and railroaded you guys for a time?

You guys have had the helm since we started back in 2014 (2014! Woo!). However, we're ever so slowly getting those things done that we wanted (like getting Nivi into the team or training for 9th level or getting to Highwind, etc.) and our current pace, well, forgive me but I'm getting bored (hyperactive people often get bored easily; it's no excuse, but that's how it is). I need to know if our current pace is all right or not. If it is, then I can tell myself to get used to it (not a bad thing). If it's not, then I can throw a Sharseya-sized can of DM-induced Mountain Dew into this game and really get things moving.

As always, it's your game too and I value your feelings and fun. =)

So... Do you guys want to continue at the pace we've been going at or would you mind if I kicked things into high gear for awhile? There's a list of things I want you guys to experience and the longer they stay away, the bigger chance that I lose them. And that list isn't getting any shorter.

What are your thoughts, in detail, if you please?

I don't mind being railroaded at all ^33^ I know sometimes things can get bogged down in the details of everyday happenings, which delays our getting to the big stuff. I really want to get Bren on his Paladin path, at least the first steps, and I'm looking forward to getting to Highwind and back into things there. Ultimately, whatever pace you want to go, I'm fine with, as long as everybody's having fun.

Cool beans. I'll begin putting things in motion. But for now, I've returned the Wayward Wanderers to the dining room to deliver some news for Nivirea. =)

Okies. Things have been moving a little too slow for my tastes, so... your hyperactive Dungeon Master is in the process of moving things along. =)

1. Nivirea's scene - I was hoping someone among our players would answer Nivirea's question concerning use of the Grand Pool, but that didn't happen, so since it's been nearly a week, I'm moving the story along when I next write an in-game post (possibly tomorrow).

2. SHOP TALK is seeing a number of class changes today. These include some changes to the Ranger (Rangers can now cast Create Food & Water at 3rd level instead of 4th), Paladin (Code of Conduct, use of Tower Shields, option at 3rd level of choosing from either Mercy ability or a permanent Protection from Evil, 10' radius), Rogue (now with improved sneak attack!) and a big revamp of the Healer class is in progress (I've seen a terrific retooling of that lacking class which improves the Healer on a number of levels. Yes, it will all be "Bria-friendly." =) I'm taking bits from that revamp retooling and my own imaginings to recreate the entire class). I'll post the changes to Healer if there is interest posted in this thread. If there isn't, I'll keep it "behind the curtain" as it were. See Shop Talk for details.

3. I have had a small taste of 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons tabletop recently. Having been inspired by what I experienced, there are a few rather dynamic changes I am making to our game (similar to 5E D&D rules). Also included are a few changes I've wanted to add in Sharseya for awhile and now is their time. See Shop Talk for details. As always, comments, questions, and debate are welcome.

3a. Under certain circumstances, all spellcasters may recover their spells per day one additional time per day (see Core Class Changes).

3b. In special circumstances, all spellcasters may now use a higher-level spell to cast a lower-level spell (see Core Class Changes).

3c. Cure Wounds spells have changed. All four levels of Cure Wounds spells have been condensed into one spell - Cure Wounds (see Existing Spell Changes).

3d. Mass Cure Wounds has been altered the same way Cure Wounds spells have (see Existing Spell Changes).

3d. New Spells - The 5E D&D spells Enhance Ability and Mass Enhance Ability replaces all of the standard ability-raising spells (Bull's Strength, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, Cat's Grace, Bear's Endurance, Eagle's Splendor) and wraps them up all up into one spell. The caster selects which Ability Score to improve upon casting the spell (under New Allowed Spells).

3e. PCs who rise in level may choose the just-above-average result on their character's class die instead of trusting to the dice (see Hit Points).

That's probably enough for now. Enjoy the changes, folks!

What are your thoughts? =)

As a dedicated spellcaster, I cannot see any downside to being able to get a second run of spells per day. I do have a question on the 'using a higher level spell to cast a lower level' option. Lets say I want to use a level 3 spell of Lightning Bolt and want to cast the Magic Missile Spell. Does that give only one spell, or does it grant multiple castings of the first level spell?

Even though I am not a healer, and so the change to the Cure Wounds spell is not going to be affecting me, I am somewhat confused as to how the different spell levels will work. To me, it seems that the base system in place is good, so I don't know just how the change will affect things.

Lets say I want to use a level 3 spell of Lightning Bolt and want to cast the Magic Missile Spell. Does that give only one spell, or does it grant multiple castings of the first level spell?
That's answered in Shop Talk. I just noticed the spoilers decided to mess up the post again. It's fixed now. Look under Core Class Changes.

Even though I am not a healer, and so the change to the Cure Wounds spell is not going to be affecting me, I am somewhat confused as to how the different spell levels will work. To me, it seems that the base system in place is good, so I don't know just how the change will affect things.
It allows a Bard or Sorcerer to choose just one spell instead of four to have all of the Cure Light Wounds to Cure Critical Wounds effects. And that's a big thing when you've limited spells like they do.

I guess all that is okay.

I thought we were playing Pathfinder, though. But you're updating Sharseya's game to reflect the latest D&D edition?

I have had a small taste of 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons tabletop recently. Having been inspired by what I experienced, there are a few rather dynamic changes I am making to our game (similar to 5E D&D rules). Also included are a few changes I've wanted to add in Sharseya for awhile and now is their time.

In other words, I am borrowing ideas for our Pathfinder game and including some ideas of my own. =)

Oh, right, yeah. Everything needs polishing from time to time, if not a fresh coat of paint. No game would be long-term viable otherwise!

I should know *rawrrr*

-Wolf. I'm still giggling at "You Have Been Warned." =) =) =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back