• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to me. =)

If that's the set-up we've got, then I can't help but notice something small and silly. =) Were Wolf to return (and Nivi retire), then Wolf's room would be #2. This would make the following happen:

1. Luna and Wolf would be right across the hall from one another.
2. Bria and Otiorin would be right across the hall from one another.
3. Mamapaw and Powerpaw would be right across the hall from one another.
4. Bonny and Whittle share a room.

There is a cute romantic or familial (or both) order to that arrangement. Huh! =)

How long has the group been together? We started out at 6th level and had been traveling as a group from before then as we were on our way to see Bilal the Rich.

Not sure. We are on our 5th day of travel to Highwind distance-wise, right? And we've spend a day or two not moving anywhere (or hardly getting anywhere). And we did set out immediately after acquiring the wagon. I think a day passed with Bilal.

We're on our 8th day, I think? My best guess anyway. Wow *woof*

Here is the latest iteration of the Adventurers Wagon map *woof*

Look good?

(I know Nivirea's joining isn't a thing yet, but I wanted to save myself having to make another edit later.)

HMav7MI.jpg

I thought Luna's room was #1 and Nivi's was #2? Otherwise, it looks great (and I like Nivirea's name up there too). =)

Luna's room is #1. If you compare the new map with the old one you'll see that the numbers started from the top left room. (edit: ummm... or did it? I am suddenly not sure, you may be right after all... oh well)

Not that it matters now. No one ever referred to the rooms by the numbers before and definitely won't after this update :D *woof*

p.s. for Bria: Apologies if Wolf's old room still retains some of that wet dog smell, lol

By the way, if anyone's interested (and by anyone I mean mostly Purr Purr )...

I've finally gotten around to mending Nivirea's character sheet! And I'm more than a little proud to say that this is my finest character sheet yet *howl*

I see that Sherwood and Kaerri have already done theirs up, so I may not be the fastest, but at least I am not the last! Eh, Captain?
luAzLr3.png

Um, Dann? I wanted to ask you about the Arcane Mark. As I understand it's a once chosen, locked in thing. I should probably make it so in my sheet, since I think I'll be using it now and then. Do you think it's a good idea to also use that space to keep a list of items that I've marked for your reference?

Mine was pretty simple, especially compared to yours. All I had to do was put the tabs back and remove all those excess line breaks.

Nivirea's sheet looks awesome!

Luna's room is #1. If you compare the new map with the old one you'll see that the numbers started from the top left room. (edit: ummm... or did it? I am suddenly not sure, you may be right after all... oh well)

Not that it matters now. No one ever referred to the rooms by the numbers before and definitely won't after this update :D *woof*
Well, since it's Sherwood's character in question, if he doesn't have a problem with it, neither do I. I appreciate your updating the map. =)

Um, Dann? I wanted to ask you about the Arcane Mark. As I understand it's a once chosen, locked in thing. I should probably make it so in my sheet, since I think I'll be using it now and then. Do you think it's a good idea to also use that space to keep a list of items that I've marked for your reference?
Well, think of the Arcane Mark spell as your character's signature among spellcasters. Sure you can change it from time to time, but it's a little weird if you change it lots (because then fellow spellcasters might rightly wonder if the mark is legit). It's more important to me what your character does with that signature than what the symbol actually looks like (you're the first player in Sharseya to get into how his character's Arcane Mark appears).

Please read this spoiler for a few small fixes.
Disclaimer: Having just woken from a deep nap, I don't have it all together yet. Hah! =)

I noticed a couple of minor somethings under your Spells tab.
1. You've listed your spells as having "8 1st level spells, 7 2nd level spells," and so on. This is not the case for any sorcerer. These spell lists being with 0-level spells (cantrips) and work upward from there (it should be "8 0-level spells" and so on).
2. It would clear up a minor bit of confusion if you were to add to the top of that tab the phrase "Sorcerer Spells Known" (because unlike most casters, Sorcerers have two tables to refer to, the other being Sorcerer Spells Per Day).
3. Also, once said list is altered to reflect "8 0-level spells, 7 1st level spells," etc. How is it Nivirea can call upon more spells than other 8th-level Sorcerers? Here's the list I'm using (and a note to all reading this - notice I am using Paizo's Pathfinder and NOT the D20PFSRD. Paizo makes Pathfinder and that information is, as far as I can tell, an exact copy of the Core Rulebook I am using). Scroll down to "Sorcerer Spells Known." This list is not affected by Nivirea's CHA score. Now, it's been some months since Nivirea was created, but your list and this list differ in the number of spells known. The spells you've selected also do not add up to this amount. Did I forget something or mess up somewhere?

Under her Skills tab, she appears to have 56 Skill ranks, yet when I do the math, I come up with 48 (2 + Int modifier [+3] + Human Skill Bonus [+1) x 8th [level of character] = 48). Again, did I goof or forget something?

EDIT: Kaerri has reminded me that Nivirea may have taken the extra Skill rank one can select every level (as opposed to the extra Hit Point). If so, it all adds up. Thanks, Kaerri! =)

Finally, didn't Nivirea have a picture? If so, where did it go? Or was that only in our Conversation or something? I remember liking it.

Thanks for the review, Kaerri <3
My sheet was more badly broken up than most everyone else's, probably exactly because I had gone to greater lengths with it. So as long as it works it looks great, but the moment it doesn't it looks awful af lol *woof*

I don't feel the need to update Wolf's sheet until I see that I'll need it again, though I might do it for perfection's sake. Dunno.

Wow Dann, I can't believe none of the spellcasters who came before me bothered to specify what their mark looked like. There's some missed opportunity there! In any case, I'll try to pick something nice for Nivirea. Do you have any guidelines for it? Like, it can be anything right? I am imagining it a bit like a sprayed graffiti tag or something. Browsing Reddit I've seen people choosing a short thin line as their mark, which they would then proceed to cast as many times as necessary in order to be able to draw anything they wanted, given enough uses. Lol? A cool exploit I guess, but not appealing to me *woof*

Now, Nivirea's sheet should be 99% identical to the old one which you have reviewed and approved before, so I'm confused about the irregularities. I confess only to having changed the wording in some item descriptions and a word or two in the biography, but those are purely flavor/grammar edits. I suppose it's possible that I made a mistake between copy/pasting stuff and coding. It's also been a long time since I got the feel for the sorceress class and pathfinder in general so I had to re-learn everything last night =/

Under Table: Sorcerer, the spells per day columns go "1st, 2nd, 3rd..." There's no 0 anywhere, so I thought 0 level was free. My bad, I guess? The Sorcerer page on d20pfsrd said this:

Like other spellcasters, a sorcerer can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Sorcerer. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Charisma score (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells).

So I thought that my 21 Charisma adds 2/1/1/1/1 to the default score. If it doesn't, then her spells per day are 6/6/5/3, correct? But that would mean she has 6 level zero spells, 6 level one spells, 5 level two spells, and 3 level three spells. What about her fourth level spell, which she has one of? No slots for that? That's another reason why I assumed that lvl 0 spells were free and not part of the table (along not being mentioned in the table, even on the Paizo page).

I've been trying to use Paizo's page more, since I remember you always referencing it. As for the spells known... What do you mean they don't add up? I am almost completely certain that it's the same exact spells you reviewed and approved before. Nothing added. Do you mean that a spell was accidentally dropped somewhere during editing?

About the ranks, yeah, I figured since she rolled so lucky on her HP that I could afford to always go for the extra skill ranks, so Kaerri is indeed right *woof*

Finally, regarding the picture, wow! I didn't think it would go missed! :D There was and still is a picture, I just couldn't find a good way to incorporate it into the sheet so I removed it. I do plan to include it, even more so now that I heard someone actually noticed and liked it! ^^ *rawrrr*

Finally, regarding the picture, wow! I didn't think it would go missed! :D There was and still is a picture, I just couldn't find a good way to incorporate it into the sheet so I removed it. I do plan to include it, even more so now that I heard someone actually noticed and liked it! ^^ *rawrrr*

Moar tabs ^D^

Well I kept trying to put the original picture in different dimensions and place it to the right or left of the text and let it flow around it, and stuff like that. It didn't even occur to me to just make a new tab solely for the picture, lol. I suppose that will work, if everything else fails. Everything ended up too awkward for my taste so far =/

Thanks, Norse Pikachu *woof*

Pikaaa! *lightning ensues*

I usually put mine in spoilers (like on Bren's sheet) because I have this mistaken idea that it helps with loading times. Also because (once I learned it doesn't) it lets people keep on with the text if they want, or stop and look at the picture if they want.

Yes! Tabs rock!

Wolf, the confusion may come from the use of the D20SRD system. Please use only Paizo and Shop Talk.

Using the link I provided in my previous post, refer to the Sorcerer Spells Known list for Nivirea's known spells. The numbers under your Spell tab should match those of an 8th-level sorcerer.

Re: Arcane Mark. Is there a picture on the internet that would serve as Nivirea's Arcane Mark?

Nivirea's character sheet really is good stuff! Go, Wolf! =)

Wolf, the confusion may come from the use of the D20SRD system. Please use only Paizo and Shop Talk.
Well the page seemed to be completely reliable up to this point. I mean, I built both Wolf and Nivirea using almost exclusively that place, deferring to Paizo or asking you when in doubt, but I don't remember any contradictions. It doesn't look like a different system to me, rather just core pathfinder + expansions (most of which we aren't using I guess). I will consult the Paizo resources from now on, and ask you directly about stuff that I find elsewhere.

Anyhow I did some digging. It looks like I confused myself first, and then we confused each other. It looks like I originally made the mistake of applying my Charisma to both spells known and spells per day, that's why she now has a spare lvl 1, lvl 2, and lvl 3 spells lol... Sorry! *whine*

So according to the proper table of spells known, Nivirea knows 8/5/3/2/1 spells from lvl 0 to lvl 4. I will purge the spare spells from the sheet.

And according to the proper spells per day, Nivirea gets 2/1/1/1/1 bonus spell uses from lvl 1 to lvl 5. (with 21 Cha)
Finally, Nivirea's spell usage per day should be default 6/6/5/3 (levels 1-4) plus the above mentioned bonus, totalling 8/7/6/4/1 (so she could even use one lvl 5 spell already, if she knew it)

This is the same spells per day that I had calculated before, and that was approved. It's correct, right? I just want to ask about the zero level spells. The table doesn't mention those at all. Does that mean that zero level spells have unlimited daily uses?

I will start looking for a picture for her arcane mark now and submit it once I find it. Meanwhile I will replace the picture of Nivirea in a new tab of her sheet (MOAR PIKA PIKA WOOF)

Sorry! *whine*
No worries, Bubba! After all, this is RP Nation, not the United States Marine Corp! We're here to have a good time (unlike the poor bastard in the following spoiler... Safe For Work) =)

So according to the proper table of spells known, Nivirea knows 8/5/3/2/1 spells from lvl 0 to lvl 4. I will purge the spare spells from the sheet.

Thank you very much. You have made your Dungeon Master happy. Here, have a pancake. =)
WAIT! NOT THAT PANCAKE! GET BACK IN MY MONSTER MANUAL, EVIL PANCAKE! BACK, I SAY! IT'S NOT YOUR TURN YET!

Whoops, did I give away the surprise? (Seriously, I saw this picture and just laughed out loud! I mean, just LOOK at that thing!!) =)
-lsd-5082.jpg
(Image credit: Meme Guy)

And according to the proper spells per day, Nivirea gets 2/1/1/1/1 bonus spell uses from lvl 1 to lvl 5. (with 21 Cha)
Finally, Nivirea's spell usage per day should be default 6/6/5/3 (levels 1-4) plus the above mentioned bonus, totalling 8/7/6/4/1 (so she could even use one lvl 5 spell already, if she knew it)

Correct! When Nivirea reaches 10th level, she'll be able to cast two 5th-level spells per day instead of just one due to her high Charisma score.

This is the same spells per day that I had calculated before, and that was approved. It's correct, right? I just want to ask about the zero level spells. The table doesn't mention those at all. Does that mean that zero level spells have unlimited daily uses?

Per Paizo (Sorcerer): "Cantrips: Sorcerers learn a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, as noted on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known under "Spells Known." These spells are cast like any other spell, but they do not consume any slots and may be used again."

I will start looking for a picture for her arcane mark now and submit it once I find it. Meanwhile I will replace the picture of Nivirea in a new tab of her sheet (MOAR PIKA PIKA WOOF)

Re: Arcane Mark. Sounds great!
Re: Picture of Nivirea. Sounds great!
Re: (MOAR PIKA PIKA WOOF). "Moar pika pika woof?" Ha ha ha! Wolf, you are bonkers! Don't change! =)
762.jpg
(Image credit: Know Your Meme)

Hey, Dann, I have a couple questions *woof*

1) I noticed you sometimes share roll results with players, like just now with Nivirea. However, what does the result mean to us if we don't know what the difficulty check was? Besides that we now know that it was at least our roll +1.

2) I assume it'd be pointless to roll a knowledge check to see if we've heard of that Pinnacle of Power thingie? Is it one of those things that none of us know (besides Bren of course)?

1. Hmm. Since I'm the one doing all of the die rolling, I figured it would just be right to let you know what the result was. Call it a side-effect from having played many years of tabletop?

1a. Concerning dice colors, that's slightly different. When choosing colors, I like you to know how you rolled as if we were at a tabletop game. Sometimes, dice are "hot," so folks stick with them. Other times, when a die isn't "behaving," a PC requests a change. But how can a PC decide to change colors (dice) if don't know how they're rolling? =)

2. Not at all; one simply must have studied the right form of knowledge. =)

No, because Nivirea has neither the skill nor the ranks required. Thanks for asking though!

It's probably a Knowledge (Religion) check of high-ish level. Bren knows something about them because it's come up in his previous adventuring experience, not because he has the skill for it. (Which at present is actually less useful than the skill would be, because it means not only is it dependent on what he might or might not have been told back then, but his player has to try to remember it all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back