• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern -·=» ѕριяιтє∂ αωαу «=·-

SavannahSmiles

му fαтє ιѕ υρ тσ мє, иσт тнє нєανєиѕ

• intro

bad apple

cover by lizz robinett

overview.

S
    ouwara Prefecture — Iwakami Village, 20XX.

Nestled at the base of a mountain and surrounded by a forest on all sides, Iwakami Village seems for all intents and purposes a sleepy village whose rice fields seem to stretch on for miles. But despite the idyllic picture the town makes, it harbors a dark secret that snakes through the winding streets and is whispered about in the dead of night.

For as long as anyone can remember, children have gone missing in the forest. The older generation mutter stories of a vengeful spirit taking its revenge on the town for a wrong committed in a time long past but the younger generation scoff at such fairy-tales and warn parents to keep a better eye on their children.

Children are urged to be home before the sun dips below the horizon, but despite the precautions, the vanishings continue. All those who wander into the forest are never seen or heard from again...until that all changed.

Six children taken at different times throughout the years all returned home relatively unscathed for having spent time in the forest. Their memories of their time spent in the forest were blank and each of them reported hearing a voice calling to them right before their memory grows hazy.

Alongside their missing memory, something precious had been taken from each child; whether that be one of their senses or memories of an important person in their life, these children returned from the forest changed. Most of the villagers brushed this off as trauma from their time spent in the forest but the more superstitious whispered that the children were cursed.

The disappearances stopped after the last child returned home, which only strengthened the rumors of the curse. Despite what happened to them as children, these six individuals grew up and eventually moved away from the villager to walk their own path in life.

But now, for reasons specific to them, the six have returned to the village.

The forest calls to them once more.

☆ — ☆​

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read through my ramblings. I've recently been playing Forest of Drizzling Rain, which is the main inspiration for this roleplay! Knowledge of the game is not required, as this roleplay is set in its own fictional universe with it's own plot. The story follows six adults who have returned to their home town of their childhood. Their reason for returning is up to the players and I'm allowing the creation of normal villagers to help fill in the spaces. Spooky times are ahead, so I hope you enjoy your time in Iwakami Village!

intro

roles

rules

the forest calls,

can you hear
her

genre

supernatural, thriller, mystery

status

accepting

spots open

4/6 special roles, unlimited villager roles

cs

lore

ooc

♡coded by uxie♡

Forest of Drizzling Rain mentioned!! I'm super interested!

Just wanted to make a quick announcement so there’s not any confusion: while I might be borrowing elements from the film, this roleplay is not related to nor will it be set within the universe of the Spirited Away film by Studio Ghibli, I apologize if the title made it seem like this was a roleplay about the Spirited Away film.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back