Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abyssal

• Infernal

• Alchemical

• Total voters
I live forever, I dont have the great curse, i look cool in black and have awesome black weapons, I have Solar and Abyssal Charms

and on top of that i get a cool name...i mean...whats NOT to like about that
I feel obligated to mention that it should be pretty trivial for a solar to extend his lifetime infinately. Heck, even Mnemon did it. Also, you could pretty easily wear black as a solar. I think it'd make a cool color scheme. And I happen to like solar names. Just my opinion.

I have to say that Thousand Actions of the Upright Soldier further reinforces my opinion on the Dragonblooded bit. Even more so if you're limiting things to one being the one and only Exalt in all the world. At least that way, I'm not alone forever.

Though I suppose a Sidereal could use Draw Forth One Shard over and over and over to make various slightly different copies of themself, then turn them each into someone else through Pattern Spider Touch...but that's kind of creepy.

I have to say that Thousand Actions of the Upright Soldier further reinforces my opinion on the Dragonblooded bit.
Agreed! But, without the Scarlet Dynasty, they seem somehow lessened to me. That's personal preference, obviously, but in the choice between being a DB in this world (with the above edits) versus a Solar? It's a harder choice than it was before TCA, but to me the Solar still wins out. Just.

Of course, if the question was "what Exalt type would you be in Creation?" then it's Earth-aspect Dynast all the way, baby!

I live forever, I dont have the great curse, i look cool in black and have awesome black weapons, I have Solar and Abyssal Charms

and on top of that i get a cool name...i mean...whats NOT to like about that
I feel obligated to mention that it should be pretty trivial for a solar to extend his lifetime infinately. Heck, even Mnemon did it. Also, you could pretty easily wear black as a solar. I think it'd make a cool color scheme. And I happen to like solar names. Just my opinion.
if it was so trivial then there would be alot more solars running around who were immortal...and since its no trivial matter to get a level five wood manse...i'll still say i like innate immortality compared to a trivial matter that isnt completely guaranteed

and solars should wear black, then they could join the good guys

Firstly, a stone of Immortality is Earth Manse, not Wood. Second, you'd be the only Solar on a geomantically untapped world. And as a Solar, I'm sure you could geomantically craft a 5 dot Earth aspect Manse with little difficulty.

Aasharu said:
Firstly, a stone of Immortality is Earth Manse, not Wood. Second, you'd be the only Solar on a geomantically untapped world. And as a Solar, I'm sure you could geomantically craft a 5 dot Earth aspect Manse with little difficulty.
Except I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that solars can only make solar-aspected manses...

Tsuranis said:
Aasharu said:
Except I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that solars can only make solar-aspected manses...
That is completely inaccurate. Anyone with the ability can make any form of manse. There is no requirement of being the proper Exalt type. In fact, even Enlightened Mortals can craft manses and demense, though it is difficult for them.

Now, people do take a -1 penalty to rolls to work with the wrong magical material in artifice that might be what you're thinking of...but even that is only a mild penalty, not impossibility.

I'm more or less happy to accept you're right there, manse construction has always been one of my weakest points in the system (right behind mass combat rules, which I avoid like the plague).

Ok my bad...but anywayyyy

as i said earlier since there arent tons of solars running around with it i'll wager to say its just a little bit of a challenge to find a level five earth manse

and iv read ya know scroll of exalts and from a canon point...cant say i see alot of solars with said gem

So again...innate immortality and abyssals are where the good times are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back