Yellow Jade

Goldiceleo

Does any one have any idea what yellow jade is or where i can find info on it? Ive only ever seen some brief references to it, but it seems as if this new jade could change the course of a story arc alot. I want to know more before i entertain the idea.

Oedenals Codex has details on it.  From what I can remember there is no specific way of creating it.  It only happens by accident and never the same way twice.

Yeah i saw that but it was so incredibly vague that it gave almost zero details on what it is capable of beside lowering attunement costs. I mean if mortals could use yellow jade artifacts then skyships could be run by unExalted entirely which would be peculiar and possible world changing... and i like world changing! But seriously does anyone else think advanced Artifacts could be made for the unExalted?

Skyships already CAN be used by mortals that awaken their essence, even without the Yellow Jade. Add in the fact a mortal can awaken their own Essence with at least two different Thaumaturgical rituals in Geomancy...and well...don't be suprised at seeing an occasional mortal with a regular artifact toy or three. The hard part is keeping them with access only to Terrestrial Martial Arts, Thaumaturgy and either Terrestrial Circle Sorcery or Shadowlands Circle Necromancy...and while paying 12/15 for every charm or spell you manage to get your grubby mortal hands on.

Yellow Jade toys are still highly useful for them though, because they often don't require commitment, so are useful to any mortal. Also, when you have an Essence pool of Essence x10, with a maximum Essence of 3...keeping your commitment down is likely going to be important.

Thats right I forgot about those essence aware mortals. Yet still yellow jade seems like it could redefine a mortal based army since most mortals do not have access to essence.

Only problem will be to get yellow jade in the first place.

With the only know way to make yellow jade being by accident and never twice the same way there can't be that much of it around.

On purpose making some small 'cheap' experiment go wrong with the hope of making yellow jade is ok, only problem is that if it works you don't get a whole lot of jade from it.

Lets say you have to make 1000 experiements go wrong before yellow jade turns out - using some big expencive experiment will come out to be very little cost effective and will probably make it clear just how much easier it would be to just awaken the essence in your whole army.

But if you can make the plot around an actually working-more-than-once way of making yellow jade, then it may be a very cool story :)

In Oadenol's Codex, p. 108, there's a cartoon that entertains this idea. Some mortal alchemy apprentice has found the formula for making Yellow Jade, so there is a hint in canon that this idea is not too far off.

I love how whenever an Exalted writer fucks up, WW pulls a "I meant to do that!"

"Wait, you just said that the Silver Prince rules Skullstone -- but in this other book it says the Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Water rules Skullstone!"

"... They're, uh... the same person! We did that on purpose!"

See also: yellow jade.

Its also PLAUSIBLE that yellow jade doesnt exist outside of soem thaumatages perverse imagination...

"And remember, all you happy-go-spirits out there, don't eat the yellow jade!"

- lounge singer little god

Flagg said:
I love how whenever an Exalted writer fucks up, WW pulls a "I meant to do that!"
"Wait, you just said that the Silver Prince rules Skullstone -- but in this other book it says the Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Water rules Skullstone!"

"... They're, uh... the same person! We did that on purpose!"

See also: yellow jade.
Yes well this is where they get the idea for Sidereal Charms "Lets have a perfect dodge that is governed by Craft Air"
Y I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back