TV & Film X-men 97

That's probably the only X-men thing that I'm familiar with. I haven't read or watched anything else, but the 97' series was pretty fun. I think my favorite characters were Magneto, Storm and Gambit.

That's probably the only X-men thing that I'm familiar with. I haven't read or watched anything else, but the 97' series was pretty fun. I think my favorite characters were Magneto, Storm and Gambit.
You have good taste!

I'm kinda surprised I got the notification. I adore the X-Men, but I seldom mention it.

See, they're one of the few things that make me nostalgic; the first superhero I knew wasn't one of the biggest names like Superman, Spiderman, or the Hulk. It was Storm. Haven't really watched '97, but I've read up on it, and I'm glad they're doing these characters justice after a lot of suspicion that they wouldn't.

I thought everything about the show was aces with the sole exception of the Rogue / Gambit / Magneto love triangle; I'm biased because I'm really uncomfortable with subplots like that in general, but I'm also just genuinely not sure what purpose it ultimately served other than giving Gambit something to do before they pulled him off stage with the comedically long hook.

I thought everything about the show was aces with the sole exception of the Rogue / Gambit / Magneto love triangle; I'm biased because I'm really uncomfortable with subplots like that in general, but I'm also just genuinely not sure what purpose it ultimately served other than giving Gambit something to do before they pulled him off stage with the comedically long hook.
Yeah 💯 I found it annoying and made me too uncomfortable I just wanted to skip.

100%. the age gap was weird, and like, I get that they're all consenting adults, but Erik's in his... 97-26, man is almost 70. besides, it's Charles (that cheater, leaving your Hetrosexual life partner Literary Foil for some bird) and Erik, or it's Erik and Magda, or it's Erik and someone from the same generation. Rogue and Gambit for life. or death. i mean.... that post-credits scene... well...

100%. the age gap was weird, and like, I get that they're all consenting adults, but Erik's in his... 97-26, man is almost 70. besides, it's Charles (that cheater, leaving your Hetrosexual life partner Literary Foil for some bird) and Erik, or it's Erik and Magda, or it's Erik and someone from the same generation. Rogue and Gambit for life. or death. i mean.... that post-credits scene... well...
It's primarily the age gap that makes it unpopular. Magneto is still way older, even if he has been de-aged once or twice. There are also so many little details that have made this relationship awkward to navigate and off-putting throughout their publication history.

It's primarily the age gap that makes it unpopular. Magneto is still way older, even if he has been de-aged once or twice. There are also so many little details that have made this relationship awkward to navigate and off-putting throughout their publication history.
Speaking of, I love Rogue, but I never understood how the hell her absorption powers worked and how electromagnetic shielding protects Magneto from her.

FB_IMG_1716475628528.jpg

Speaking of, I love Rogue, but I never understood how the hell her absorption powers worked and how electromagnetic shielding protects Magneto from her.
it's just mumbo jumbo logic of how he can put a thin layer of shielding around his skin to give them the illusion of physical contact. In reality that's already how it works and nothing is ever 'touching' another thing technically; just typical comic book science stuff, nothing too extraordinary or out there.

Still weird Charles would throw away his best friend, x men, and freedom..

Still I was annoyed Charles was willing to throw away Erik and his x men over a woman lol. Wow talk about betrayal
I'd argue that if anyone who atched the 1996 shows, they had no choice as Charles was dying and the Shi'ar were the only ones who had the technology to help him. Als, literally ALL parties are adults. Adults that can take care of themselves. Charles entrusted Magnus (yes i call Magneto 'Magnus'. It's a cooler name than 'Erik', fight me) with the X-Men because if there was any person he still believed had potential to do good, it was him. He just needed the chance. And he gave him that in the form of the X-Men. Charles also wanted Scott and Jean to be able to start their family without feeling obligated to dedicate all of their time to the team, much less feel overly dependent on him. And since a whole year has passed since, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he grew feelings for Liandra. So saying he threw them all away is kinda of a large misrepresentation of the situation

I'd argue that if anyone who atched the 1996 shows, they had no choice as Charles was dying and the Shi'ar were the only ones who had the technology to help him. Als, literally ALL parties are adults. Adults that can take care of themselves. Charles entrusted Magnus (yes i call Magneto 'Magnus'. It's a cooler name than 'Erik', fight me) with the X-Men because if there was any person he still believed had potential to do good, it was him. He just needed the chance. And he gave him that in the form of the X-Men. Charles also wanted Scott and Jean to be able to start their family without feeling obligated to dedicate all of their time to the team, much less feel overly dependent on him. And since a whole year has passed since, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he grew feelings for Liandra. So saying he threw them all away is kinda of a large misrepresentation of the situation
Ahh I haven’t seen the 96 one you opened my eyes I agree with everything you say. Thanks for pointing that out 😁

Lilandra is revealed to be Xavier's love interest in the comics, so given the obscure romances '97 has been bringing up, I wouldn't be surprised if they also highlighted this at some point.

Lilandra is revealed to be Xavier's love interest in the comics, so given the obscure romances '97 has been bringing up, I wouldn't be surprised if they also highlighted this at some point.
Yeah I haven’t read the comics or watched the 1996 show . I apologize for misunderstanding the scene. Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back