Wonder City

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Wonder City

By: The Dark Wizard & Captain Hesperus

“Welcome to Wonder City, the dream of the Future!

This city is a marvel of beyond-the-bleeding-edge technology, every aspect of the city’s functions is controlled by an advanced modular AI known as The Director with distinct artificial personalities to cater to all aspects of the citizens' lives, from sanitation and transportation through scientific advances and civic excellence. Why, even the police force is AI-controlled!

Many companies have moved offices, manufacturing and research facilities into the great dome of Wonder City, bringing with them staff and their families to bask in the warm glow of the artificial (and entirely safe!) sunlight provided by the city. Since the individual AIs have no bias and no need for incentives, they are often employed by the various companies within Wonder City to assist in the company’s corporate activities, safe in the knowledge that the AIs will not misuse the information they are exposed to, due to the protective Morality Matrix provided by their constant contact with the Hub 2.0 integrated Artificial Intelligence Central Processor.

The designers of Wonder City have the strong belief that it will become the model for future city planning and already have plans to create more such cities across the globe.

So don’t delay, apply today!”

• The year is 2210. 3 weeks ago, DEFENSE Director declared a state of emergency and imposed Martial Law on everyone in Wonder City. You were ordered to return to your homes and you were ordered to stay there until further notice, and you were told to stay calm and keep yourselves cheerful. CIVIC Director began running back-to-back classic movies on TV and informed you that if you were short of food, Wonder City would deliver free supplies to last through the state of emergency. Then suddenly, there was an explosion. A fire could be seen burning at Wonder Tower, where the A.I Hub was located, and the movies stopped. The updates about the state of emergency stopped. The food deliveries stopped. Everything stopped.

Then the screaming started.

Throughout the city, people started to become aggressive, fighting each other, killing each other. Except those who were killed didn’t stay killed. They got back up. They healed and they killed others. Soon the streets were filled with the dead, all of them seeking fresh meat to eat. As survivors, you were somehow immune to the effects of whatever has consumed the people of Wonder City. For the past three weeks, you have fought a daily battle for survival against the wandering mobs of zombies. You have found weapon caches, perhaps others had survived and built up these supplies, perhaps DEFENSE Director had put them in place as a last resort? You didn’t know and you didn’t care. All that concerned you was staying alive. Then you found the others. Fellow survivors, you banded together out of a shared desire to escape the madness. Escape the zombies.

If you are interested in playing please post below. We will also accept character sheets here before the forums are up and once they are up, your post will be moved to it's own character thread.

I'll go... Erhm. Let's say... Erhm... Military. And, I think the game looks interesting, I like the simple dice system and the post apocalyptic setting. I think it looks like a good time.

Bonus points for great STs.

Hmm, ill be going for Military, but you did mention Military Scientists. Maybe I can be one of them.

If one would like to be a scientist on the team of investigators going in, how does that affect our equipment? Would we be civilians or military?

Cirno said:
If one would like to be a scientist on the team of investigators going in, how does that affect our equipment? Would we be civilians or military?
Hmm. .

The Scientist will be an NPC most likely. We have not decided if we want to allow anyone to be something other then a Civilian or some form of Military.

This looks too cool to pass up... I'm joining. Defenitly joining. Still need to decide wheather to be a Survivor or Military, though. Leaning towards the latter... I think i'll go with Military, actually. Making up my mind wasn't all that hard, it seems.

VonRidel said:
This looks too cool to pass up... I'm joining. Defenitly joining. Still need to decide wheather to be a Survivor or Military, though. Leaning towards the latter... I think i'll go with Military, actually. Making up my mind wasn't all that hard, it seems.
Alright :D

Twif said:
Yay :D

medelsvensson said:
Well, you know I can't possibly resist this kind of jazz.
Twif said:
VonRidel said:
Cirno said:
[QUOTE="Val Hallen]I'd prefer Military, but this sounds interesting. I'd like in.

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Val Hallen]I'd prefer Military, but this sounds interesting. I'd like in.

[/QUOTE]
Freeman said:
Hmm, ill be going for Military, but you did mention Military Scientists. Maybe I can be one of them.
TheSilentArtist said:
Sounds like fun, I'll be a civilian.
Grey said:
Tempting, leaning toward Civvie, will let you know.
Are you all still interested in playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back