• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Without A Trace (Detective Murder Mystery RP) (Town of Salem style) (Always Accepting)

Dodgson scratched his chin as he studied the ID. When he was finished, he turned to his student and instructed her. "Taiana, I've got some business to discuss with this gentleman. Find Satoru, then the two of you check with the other students. If any of them can't get messages through to their family and friends, do whatever you need to make it happen."

The Tahitian student replied, "Yes, Professor." and hurried off.

"That should keep them from interrupting us. We can talk in my office." He motioned for Kazama to follow him there. "Hope you're not hungry. There's nothing left but one slice of pizza and I'm claiming that for myself."

@DogInTheBox

He cleared his throat, "Alright, so let's get down to business. As you might've already known, Rin Katsumi, a high school student in the Kanto region has been murdered. You have quite the reputation for analytical skills, so I'd like to recruit you to the team. Our first priority would to be solve the case, that is, if you are willing to assist us." Kazama Hinazuki put his hands together and waited for his answer. "There is also a significant paycheck involved, seventy five thousand dollars per month."

@Xylch

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodgson sat down in his chair and took a bite of pizza, chewing it as he listened to Kazama. When he was finished, he washed it down with a gulp of cola, then said, "Count me in. The thought of some creep doing that to a kid like that..." He gritted his teeth, then continued, "Well, I'm not really familiar with the Japanese legal system, but I hope you don't share the American aversion to cruel and unusual punishments, because a case like this sure deserves them. As for the money...I've got enough already, so let's plan on setting up a scholarship fund with that."

@DogInTheBox

"The punishment for the murderer has already been decided, execution. We just don't know what kind yet, could be electric chair, cyanide... And maybe even some of the crueler methods like mustard gas, Agent Orange, but let's not talk about that until after the case is solved." Kazama Hinazuki pulled out his cellphone and made a call to 'Fafnir', "Hey, he agreed. Also, it looks like that guy might not be the actual murderer. I'll fill you in on some more details later." He put the phone back into his pocket and shook hands with Dodgson, "Glad that you can help. We'll send you an email regarding the murder case, c'ya in a bit."

@Xylch

Dodgson nodded in agreement. "I had a hunch he might not be the killer. Usually, the kind who are so into theatrics aren't. Still, I consider him delusional and very dangerous." He stood up to shake hands with Kazama Hinazuki. "I'll be waiting to hear from you. We need to act fast, before whoever the killer is claims another victim."

Sitting back in his chair, Dodgson took another bite of pizza, then went through the security routine to unlock his computer, which again greeted him with, "Good evening, Dr. Dodgson."

"Cody, are the searches I requested completed?"

"Yes, Dr. Dodgson."

"Cody, tell me the results of the searches." He eat more of the pizza as he waited for the reply.

"Number of matches against voice recognition...zero. Number of matches against speech patterns...zero. Number of matches against message content...zero."

His mouth was too full of pizza for him to say anything, so Dodgson expressed his feelings by slamming his fist onto the top of his desk.

@DogInTheBox

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back