Wholesome Midwestern Farm Boys! (Interest Check)

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
((Play this while reading, :P ))

[media]

[/media]
The car's radio turned on, playing its soft doo-wops, relaxing. Calming. Outside the window, an idyllic scene of amber waves of grain in a farm field could be seen. A farm, cows grazing peacefully, a smiling farmer, his wife, and two kids waving cheerfully. The sky was blue, everything was perfect. Even the cows looked overjoyed, and the sun was always bright. If anything, it looked incredibly boring. Those farmers were too cheery, too excited to greet those driving by.

The warm wind blew, dusty, as always. The rear window was broken out, and the back passenger side was covered in a thick layer of dust. The music was filled with static as it played. All but one of the tires were flat. The Minnesota license plate was barely visible through the dirt caked on it. All the lights were broken out, and the windshield wipers were rusted on.

A man ducked behind the car, as gunshots whizzed by his head. He turned back around and returned fire. Two of his pursuers dropped dead, before the third scored a lucky shot on the car. It started on fire, and the man using it as cover turned to run. It blew up, but he had gotten away just in them. The blast knocked him forward, against the hard barrier. He turned around, just in time to see the gun being brought up to his head. It was the last thing he ever saw. His blood splattered over the beautiful farm scene, over the words of the billboard that said "Welcome to Wisconsin, The Dairy State!" Off in the distance, the crumbling ruins of a city could be seen. The highway was backed up with long abandoned derelict cars. The killer simply turned away, leaving the dying corpse to bake in the sun overhead. For the nearly dead man, everything faded to black.

War. War never changes.

Alright kiddies, who wants some new World of Darkness? Using pure mortal rules for this, no supernaturals. Setting is gonna be a Midwest Fallout, encompassing Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, mainly focused in the ruins of Milwaukee. Will add more details after I see if there's any interest.

You realize, of course, that this will only end in tears, butthurt, and bitter recrimination, yes?

...I'm in.

I will crusade for the glory of the cheese. Don't worry badgers are harmless right?

Reaver said:
Don't worry badgers are harmless right?
Ahahahahaha! Hahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...Oh wait, he's fucking serious.

Excerpt from the Enclave Guide of the Midwestern Commonwealth, an entry called 'Wendigos'

Advice on Engagement: Don't.

Well, I love fallout but I don't have any nWoD books or really know the rules...

If it was a system I knew I would totally be in.

Not encouraging piracy or anything of the sort...honest...<.<

But, surely you can find a copy somewhere, :)

It is as much learning a new rules set as it is getting access to the books.

If it takes a while for you to get going I might manage to put something together, but there would be a definite going over unfamiliar pdfs delay.

I'm thinking a rather small group for this. 3 to 4 at most, preferably with people who have played the games so certain bits of lore are understood

Excellent, I'm definitely down for this.

For my references, I played and loved Wasteland, Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. I fooled around with Deadlands once or twice, and another system called Blood Dawn which was pretty excellent. For movies and shows that I've seen and liked, I'd list the Mad Max movies, The Last Man on Earth, Akira, Logan's Run (Sorta, some elements would apply if you get the "Pure Human" breeding thing going) Fist of the North Star, Aeon Flux (the show, though it'd probably be a little high-tech for what you're thinking of), Gandahar (also iffy on the post-apocalyptic), and Waterworld. Books I can't really think of, although there are tons of Heavy Metal issues that were post-apoc.

My nWoD experience is limited to Werewolf the Forsaken, but I do have the books, and can easily cruise through them and crank out a mortal.

I am already having trouble staying away from infecting others on this forum with my bad luck, and now this? Fallout.... nWoD, which I'd have to get to used to, but minus all the mixed up lore elements that make me hate on it so.... oh Atom, I want this. I'll be back later to ask more about potential concepts and possibly a basic outline of the crunchy bits.... not the iguana bits, mind.

Aur, do yourself a favor and pirate Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Trust me. Amazingness.

Also, to everyone, there will be a few additional rules added in. I'm taking a few of the post-apocalyptic rules from Mirrors, and heavily using Armory (How I wish I had Reloaded). I will also be experimenting heavily with Perks as custom Merits, and possibly (emphasis on possibly) testing out Traits at chargen. There'll be alot of custom crunch before you guys can actually make characters, just wanted to see if there's enough of a fanbase for me to run this

Aur' date=' do yourself a favor and pirate Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Trust me. Amazingness.[/quote']
Played both, loved neither.

Keep us posted as you work out your crunch.

In the meantime, how soon after the bombs did you want to have us begin? Any particular things you want us to avoid? Are we crawling out of a vault a'la the Fallout games, or are we Desert Rangers, or kids from Bartertown?

Might leave that up to the PCs to decide. Have them all in the area for there reason when the adventure kicks off. Or at least the beginning of it and they have to have a reason to get along?

Well, the thing is, either of the 3 categories gives some very distinct, but hard to balance, advantages. The Pip-Boy vault dwellers get being the most powerful.

Alright, gonna keep this thread up for a little bit, work on the custom merits, and then petition for a possible forum. One last rollcall, please!

It's pretty simplistic, if you know oWoD, it' similar stuff, except, they raised difficulty on rolls (8, 9, and 10's), and made 10's rerollable. Less successes required, and merits are part of character creation. Flaws are not, however, so, reduction in twinkery there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back