Other Who paved the way for KPop?

I hope they have. They’re obviously not perfect but given their love yourself message and they haven’t gotten in any serious trouble

I got nothing against BTS but yeah it’s not fair that they get the most Western recognition when other groups work just as hard or even harder. Then again I don’t know the industry well enough to be making assumptions
t h a n k y o u

I HATE the term “paved the way”. I don’t believe it was just one band that has made western society more open to Asian entertainment but rather working collectively. BTS is one of my favourite Kpop bands but they weren’t the reason I got into Kpop. I got into Kpop because as a child I was obsessed with anime and Japanese culture - started to listen to Jpop - then was introduced to B1A4’s “beautiful target” and Super Juniors “Mr Simple” and that’s when I started to listen to Kpop on a daily basis. And it wasn’t like CLICK I LISTEN TO KPOP now, it happened over a course of a couple of years

Idk I just get real annoyed when people say “bts paved the way” even tho they ma bois.

I HATE the term “paved the way”. I don’t believe it was just one band that has made western society more open to Asian entertainment but rather working collectively. BTS is one of my favourite Kpop bands but they weren’t the reason I got into Kpop. I got into Kpop because as a child I was obsessed with anime and Japanese culture - started to listen to Jpop - then was introduced to B1A4’s “beautiful target” and Super Juniors “Mr Simple” and that’s when I started to listen to Kpop on a daily basis. And it wasn’t like CLICK I LISTEN TO KPOP now, it happened over a course of a couple of years

Idk I just get real annoyed when people say “bts paved the way” even tho they ma bois.
Good point, there is a collective effort needed for anything really. The same way we cant point down to one anime that solely paved the way for japanese anime in the west... but... everyone agrees that DBZ and Inuyasha were some of the first hyped up shows in west.

wouldn't that be PSY though? He blew up it up in the west with gangnam style, and brought so many people into the fandom.

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY, DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY KNOW THE HISTORY BEHIND THE N-WORD??? just because they know english doesn't mean they know everything behind it. do you think they do a history study on a word many american artists use? do you think they're involved in american politics? they all idolize american hiphop artists and probably don't see anything wrong with it. yes, im sure they learned from their mistakes and won't be saying it ever again.

wouldn't that be PSY though? He blew up it up in the west with gangnam style, and brought so many people into the fandom.

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY, DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY KNOW THE HISTORY BEHIND THE N-WORD??? just because they know english doesn't mean they know everything behind it. do you think they do a history study on a word many american artists use? do you think they're involved in american politics? they all idolize american hiphop artists and probably don't see anything wrong with it. yes, im sure they learned from their mistakes and won't be saying it ever again.
Oh shit its true... PSY really fucking blew the shit up but iono i already knew kpop before so maybe im biased in that sense. He was cool and its true that most people see PSY as their first korean song they know

Okok... so apparently Sunmi said BTS are the reason why Kpop rose to such fame but...
I think it's a bit simplistic considering BTS woulve never even be a thing if other bands wouldnt have made kpop pierce in North America.

Idk about you guys but I personally find that Big Bang and SHinee introduced the west with Kpop, i think BTS created the big hype.

Let me hear ur opinions
I hope they have. They’re obviously not perfect but given their love yourself message and they haven’t gotten in any serious trouble

I got nothing against BTS but yeah it’s not fair that they get the most Western recognition when other groups work just as hard or even harder. Then again I don’t know the industry well enough to be making assumptions
I think that it has always been a group effort of multiple bands and solo artist. Not a singular group of people/person “paved the way” instead it’s more like a build up of success.

reminds me of v during american hustle. he said 'turn up' and got blasted for it by coolio. he had no idea what he was saying haha
574af675d7361b53a94a5b8882985a82.jpg

reminds me of v during american hustle. he said 'turn up' and got blasted for it by coolio. he had no idea what he was saying haha
574af675d7361b53a94a5b8882985a82.jpg
FR THOOOOOOOO.
he's so sweet i cant
i used to watch american hustle 24/7 but i haven't listened to bts in over a year tt

Kinda reminds me when Tae got flak for getting a juul. Like I don't know his reasons for getting one nor I do I think its anyones business but his own. But I think it just goes to show that Tae doesn't influence the kids but the kids influence him

Kinda reminds me when Tae got flak for getting a juul. Like I don't know his reasons for getting one nor I do I think its anyones business but his own. But I think it just goes to show that Tae doesn't influence the kids but the kids influenc
Kinda reminds me when Tae got flak for getting a juul. Like I don't know his reasons for getting one nor I do I think its anyones business but his own. But I think it just goes to show that Tae doesn't influence the kids but the kids influence him
It wasn’t a Jul, it was water colors

Okok... so apparently Sunmi said BTS are the reason why Kpop rose to such fame but...
I think it's a bit simplistic considering BTS woulve never even be a thing if other bands wouldnt have made kpop pierce in North America.

Idk about you guys but I personally find that Big Bang and SHinee introduced the west with Kpop, i think BTS created the big hype.

Let me hear ur opinions
In reality it was psy,wonder girls,2ne1,girls generation and bigbang they hit the usa first in reality

me! i paved the way for kpop!!

ok but seriously it was a collective effort. each group that went to the west opened up more doors for the next one. it didn't just happen all at once, kpop entered into the western consciousness over a number of years.

It wasn’t a juul if we’re thinking of the same thing, it was something for paint I can’t remember what it’s called—

When referring to how BTS used the N-word... That is irrelevant considering how multiple groups and soloists (Korean or not) use the "N" word and etc. (whether colored or not). Also how do we know that anyone cared? Remember how media works, it is just as bad as any other country as it is here meaning it probably hit the media (not necessarily the news) but for the briefest of moments (like many issues with artists). I know one of their songs got major backlash.... ah... I can't remember the song (was it War on Hormones?)... because the way it referred to a woman in one of the song lines. They apologized for the negative reaction (honestly, I've seen and heard much worse from western songs so I don't see the point). A lot of Korean songs are like this though, belittling men and women alike. That or saying how even though their friend is in a relationship with characterA, they still want to be with characterA and are quite all right with losing their friend and cheating and etc. (this was actually a sort of song created from a girl group). Korean groups aren't as cutesy and docile as they act, but no artist is. They all have their shade just like our western artists.

I do agree that BTS gets too much recognition. I heard more of Shinee and BigBang as well as Girls Generation and 2NE1 before I heard of PSY or BTS. BigBang has been to the US before as well as PSY (if I remember correctly?), but no other group except BTS has earned a western award to my knowledge. I'm honestly not sure why their fan base is so large, but I do know that it consists of immature teeny-boppers. Yes, I am a fan, but I honestly don't give a shit about the ARMY. They're very toxic.

Ah, I miss BigBang... and 2NE1. My dad actually got into 2NE1 for a bit before they fell out of the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back