Other When you go back to the time when you first started RPing and are like damn...

The first public roleplay I joined was a fantasy high school roleplay back on Gaia... My writing was okay, it just wasn't great. And all my posts were only two to five sentences. xD

Then I got into a phase where a post wasn't good unless it was over half a page in Word, and now I just don't care anymore.

Ulysseus said:
I'm curious, based on your guys and gals' initial experience, how did you come to balance making interesting characters while nor depending on "final fantasy" levels of "powers"?
Interesting characters are characters you can write well. In another "world building" RP on another site I'm with, I'm contemplating RPing as PoTUS Donald Trump because I think I could portray him pretty well. Please don't refer a psychiatrist to me. :P

welian said:
The first public roleplay I joined was a fantasy high school roleplay back on Gaia... My writing was okay, it just wasn't great. And all my posts were only two to five sentences. xD
Then I got into a phase where a post wasn't good unless it was over half a page in Word, and now I just don't care anymore.
I understand this completely. I think I got a lot better at writing because I learned how to get the words out of me to describe the scene, but after a while, I struggled because I cared more about post length than readability and quality of writing. Now if I run an RP I won't hold people to more than maybe a 6 sentence post, but even then I may be lenient if nothing happened to their character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back