• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern What's the Band Called Again?

Would you like more information? Or that I paraphrase more?

• More Info

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Paraphrase

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Berklee

Sh*t Poster
Send New Email
New Email Received
Anonymous
Something New.
Dear Blooming Hills High School,

Okay, so this is kind of a long shot but I'm looking for members for a currently unnamed band. I know what you're thinking, a band? Well you already know how Blooming Hills, Colorado is. It's Just like every other all American town. One where being a star on the football team is immediate stardom. Things have always been about sports, agriculture, or finance here.

Don't you get tired of it?

I'm not just looking for people who can play an instrument. I'm looking for key components, contributors to a bigger purpose. I'm looking for change. If you are too, then meet us in Missus Harlow's room at 3 o'clock pm today.

— Anonymous

A Brief Premise and Hopes for the RP
If you've recently graduated, then you understand that life in high school isn't like it used to be. The cliques don't exist exactly like they used to. Of course, you still have your jocks, cheerleaders, goths, nerds and so on, but that isn't what this story is about.

Chances are, those of you reading this didn't fall into one solid clique. You probably got along with a variety of people, or maybe you just didn't socialize enough to be classified. Maybe you were just a face in the crowd. That's what this is about: people like you.

It's a story revolving around a group of kids who honestly have no business being together. They're only there because they share the fact that they can't seem to fit in anywhere else. They just so happen to make music together. Of course, nothing will last forever and your decisions could very well decide what happens to this slice of life. Your choices could determine whether this group ends up staying together or drifting apart.

I do have an overall story, but the real meat of the role play is coming from it's participants.

Expectation and Execution
1. Having been out the writing game for a while now, my expectations aren't too high, my minimum would be two good paragraphs of decent content and length. You don't need to write a page worth of material (although personally I'd love if anyone were capable of keeping it captivating enough to read), just make sure what you write is eligible, appropriate, and most of all, adds on to the story.

2. I wish to keep this role play as realistic as possible, and some things (such as creating Mary/Gary Sues) should obviously be avoided. Characters written for this Role Play should be honest, and if you're willing as a writer, an extension of yourself. Put thought into them, make them as human as you can, and if you over think it just message me, I'd love to help.

3. Unlike most modern/realistic rps, I will not be listing generalized pairings that add to the diversification of the story unless it is really needed. If you don't understand what I mean, then think romance rps that have pairings, "Outsider x Queen Bee" as an example. I have nothing against this but I rather see it fold out between the players. Seems a tad more real that way.

4. While this isn't an expectation, I would love to collaborate for some themes to incorporate into the overall story. Death, heartbreak, trauma and sorts, anything one would think might add to the story could be kindly talked over through a private message with me. I'm also looking for a Co-GM as I am I currently directing a production at my school and will be tight on time.

Characters Mechanics and Spots available
I don't have a set preference on number on players and band members, or the numbers of bands, or whether it's solely about the band. If possible, I would like this to be more than just the band, but for the sake of the interest check here are spots that are definitely there.

Lead Vocalist/Backing Guitarist (taken by me, sadly)

Lead Bassist/Backing Vocals/Semi-Occasional Lead Vocal
(This specific role is the co-creator of the band)

1st Guitarist/Backing Vocals/Semi-Occasional Lead Vocal

Drums/Backing Vocals/Semi-Occasional Lead Vocal

-Optional Spots-

Keyboardist/Backing Vocals/Semi-Occasional Lead Vocal

2nd Guitarist/Backing Vocals/Semi-Occasional Lead Guitarist and Vocal

I very much encourage the sharing of songs listened to and loved as we can simply say the band had wrote it. Of course this won't always be the case, considering the story revolves around the chemistry a lot more than always performing, but still it would be appreciated.

As for making these characters—and congrats on making it this far—I suggest realistic drawings, face-claims, or descriptions, I don't accept cartoon images. Voice-claims can also be used for those who wish to be vocalists, although I encourage not everyone be singers for diversification. I suggest going as in depth with your characters as possible and to not over sell any back stories, much like many woeful edgy teen characters I see a lot.

Thank you on making it this far, I really appreciate it! I hope that you all have a good morning, afternoon, evening, and night!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN AND SUCCEED EVERY TIME IM IN A BAND RP IT FALLS THROUGH AND I WANT THIS SO BADLY
pay no attention to the desperate musician of twelve years crying behind the curtain
(No joke I’d even be willing to write songs and stuff for this)

I’m adoring the feedback guys, around 6:00 p.m. eastern time I’ll start making threads.

The position of Co-gm is still available and I’d definitely need them during the week. If anyone is willing, I’d really love the help.

Phoenixiii Phoenixiii Pandaskel Pandaskel inkling inkling Broken-Angel Broken-Angel

I’d advise all that are interested to send me a pm regarding thoughts on characters and to answer whatever personal questions you might have.

I'm interested, hell yeah. And luckily I can actually play most instruments you've listed...in other words, I don't mind playing whatever (thought would be most comfortable in the drummer position). Is this still going to happen?

(Ignore that, I see you replied before my comment...)

Write a well enough character sheet and I’ll consider it, as well as the others who would want that spot. I try not to be exclusive about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back