Anime & Manga What was your Anime Starter Pack?

The first Pokémon series, Card Captor Sakura, Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon (The first series), Monster Rancher, Saint Seiya and Tokyo Mew Mew.

Except for the last one, these all were in television when I was little. Saint Seiya being the only one that was on a different channel and after school, while the others were on morning time.

Tokyo Mew Mew was the first anime we watched in family, at least that I remember vividly. Not only it got me into a stronger anime craze, it also blossomed my obsession with cats and still fuels it to this day >w<
I guess my dad really loved Mahou Shoujos back then, because I recall Weeding Peach being the next one and then at some point he showed me Cutie Honey. I watched Sailor Moon S too, but can't recall if I met it from television or my dad again.

I watched these all in-between 5 to 10 years old iirc.

Huh...When did I get into Captain Tsubasa? I am certain I was also a kid when I saw that one... And what about Shaman King?
Gosh, so much nostalgia...!! >w<

Last edited:
Mirmo zibang, beyblade, Metabots, Pita-ten, Tokyo mew mew, pokemon and Full metal alchemist.... Q_Q how i miss my childhood. THERE ARE TOO MANY I CANT PICK JUST TWO!! Funny thing was...I had no idea of the addiction i was getting myself into :'D
OMG METABOTS. I HAVEN'T HEARD THIS NAME IN AGES!!!!!!! : O

Summer before seventh grade, I started watching Digimon on NickToons, then I watched Attack on Titan on Toonami on Adult Swim, which led to Bleach and BAM I LIKED ANIME

It was a time...

Sailor Moon (the original series), Inuyasha, and Case Closed.

I remember dancing around my living room singing the Sailor Moon theme all the time when I was around 4-5. I loved Sailor Moon and watched every episode. Inuyasha was something my cousin showed me when I was 6-7. I fell in love with the dog boy and never looked back. Case Closed was very vague but I still remember watching it.

Depends on what you consider anime
Children's anime: Beyblade and pokemon
More mature anime: uh, it was either inuyasha, bleach, Naruto, one piece, kekkaishi, soul eater, or... I don't know. My memory is very fuzzy on what came first.

The first anime's I've watched were the ones shown on TV which were Detective Conan, Naruto, Fairy Tail and all that. But what started me into watching anime was Soul Eater which I actually finished the whole series because my friends back then suggested me to watch it. After that I started watching Guilty Crown, Anohana, Mirai Nikki and such.

570.gif

I was so young that I can't remember it's name but it was one of ghibli's. It was hand drawn and its plot was about a princess who pretended being a prince and her chibi friend.

My starter pack were the following in no particular order.

1.) Nausica, Valley of the Wind

2.) Akira

3.) Robotech

4.) Golgo13

Thanks!

Dragon Ball, when I was REALLY Lil Broomtick. I remember going Kamehameha on my haters.

Only anime I've watched aside from the DB series is Chivalry of a Failed Knight, which was okay, but Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei was also slightly good.

I think i hit up CHAOS;HEAD back when I was like a little one, I can barely remember it but I would watch it in front of my family and they'd just stare at me. It was a weird thing but at that point, I took a hiatus from it so... Yeah.

I don't know if these two really count, because they were always on YTV when I was younger, but Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. Oh wait, I can't forget Digimon now, so those three.

The first anime I actually sought out and wanted to watch on my own was Bleach.

Unfortunately, I watched sword art online as my first impression of anime, and that set the standard for me, which is why I'm not big on anime. Then I watched attack on titan and went "dem this shit be good".

I started watching anime and reading manga when I was really young, so I grew up with it haha. I was more into manga though, since it was actually more accessible for me.

Full Moon wo Sagashite, D.N.Angel, +Anima, Tegami Batchi, Naruto, Death Note, and Fruits Basket are ones I remember off the top of my head. The only ones I actually really finished was Fruits Basket and Death Note, and I only finished their manga, not the anime.

Technically Dragon Ball was the first one I'd seen but I never got into it, and it was mainly just my brother watching it on TV. My friend liked ghibli movies and I saw Howl's Moving Castle for the first time at her house, and we watched some others, but I don't remember everything and at that point I don't think I even knew what anime was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back