Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acer

• Other

• Total voters

HighFlyer

Certified Roleplayer
So, I've been saving up and it's almost time. I'm going to buy a laptop soon! Only problem is that I don't know what kind I should buy. Seeing as this is a site with lots of people on laptops, I figured you guys could give some great suggestions.

I can't help with your overall decision too much, in all honesty.

I only know baaaaaaasics, and that is that Apple is bad for gaming but amazing in terms of it being nearly impossible to get a virus.

So what you want to do with the laptop is very important when considering this.

Personally, I'm using a Surface Pro 2 which I'm pretty happy with, but I don't do much outside of school work and living on this website, and as long as I get fast internet and viruses leave me alone, I'm happy.

and i'm spoiled with touch screen sometimes

I don't know if I would necessarily recommend it, though... there are probably better options.

Like I said, I don't really know things. c':

I have a Toshiba Satellite, and they seem to be number one seller on Amazon...but I wouldn't recommend it. I've had screen problems, optical drive problems, and the speakers are just terribly weak. I've have only heard good things about ASUS, though. :]

I did some research and apparently Toshiba will always be best specs for the price, but pay the extra bit and get something nice!

I just bought myself a HP Probook and it's really great so far. 15,6'', light, good battery life and it looks great even for little money <3

It's my 2. HP, so I voted for this brand, because I've never had any issues with them.

Hope that helps :)

Try not to look at brand, until later. What you want to ask now, is what type of specs and features you want.

4GB of ram is preferable

A processor with 3+ GHZ

Whether you want a touch screen or not

USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports

Extra ports that link to projectors and HDTVS

The strength of its wireless adapter

Battery life

Whether you want integrated graphics or not (as in strong enough for games)

Intel Core vs AMD

Take a thorough look at these things. A laptop is an investment you don't want to screw up on. (>A>)

Hey everyone! Thank you for your help but I have decided that I'm going to but an actual computer rather than a laptop, seeing as I will use it for gaming purposes more so than anything else. Thanks so much for the great advice @White Masquerade I will be looking for the same sorts of thing in my computer as you listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well in the process of upgrading my computer. haha, so right now, I use my phone and an 8 year old macbook which still works fine haha..

Getting a new macbook and getting a MSI laptop for gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back