Food What is your favorite coffee or tea and why do you drink coffee or tea?

I've only found it in the Nestle variety packs that contain the Coffee Crisp and ROLO flavors. There's usually 3 each of those two flavors and 2 packets of After Eights if I remember right. You might be able to find them separately though, I'm not sure.
Thank you! If I see them around, I'd like to try them. =)

I love After Eight flavor 🤩🤩🤩🤩
Both for hot chocolate and for actual chocolates ^^

I love the taste of coffee but waw the caffeine gives me an anxiety spike

Dandelion root tea tastes 🤌 whew ✨ perfect. It's very earthy like coffee but not so bitter that I have to dilute it with honey!

I also had this sweet potato tea for Christmas once and it was so good 🥹 I like the earthier teas and not really the fruit or herb teas

The stuff we usually keep in our pantry is green tea or tim hortons peppermint tea... which somehow tastes like cereal ? But it does the job

But I'd love to try all sorts of teas : > sometimes we collect fancy sounding teas while on vacation, like this cookies and cream tea we saw at a Christmas village once

I love the taste of coffee but waw the caffeine gives me an anxiety spike.
Klaides Tail Klaides Tail
They can be hard to find but, there are some fantastic decaffeinated coffees out there.

If you or someone you know must drink coffee for some reason (some people drink it to settle an upset stomach), and if decaffeinated coffee cannot be found, it might help to remember that the lighter the roast the more the caffeine, and the darker the roast the less the caffeine. =)

I don't think I can tell you anything you don't know about tea though, because it sounds like you have discovered even more than I have. (Sweet potato tea? Wow! I would try that in a heartbeat!)

I haven't consumed coffee before, and I haven't really been interested to do so. For now anyway, who knows what might happen in the future.

Tea practically runs in my family, black teas from one side, green teas from the other, so I really like both. My favourite black tea is Earl Grey (left to brew for 5 minutes, no milk or sugar). Might have also culminated from watching Star Trek when I was younger, particularly Next Generation where Captain Picard wanted 'Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.' But I also really like jasmine tea and green tea, whether hot or bottled. I tend to drink Earl Grey tea after lunch and after dinner, and jasmine tea at around 4 pm.

I love London fog!! Aside from that, jasmine tea is an absolute favourite. I used to consume black coffee daily due to a very demanding job that requires long hours, but now my stomach couldn't take it

Right now, my go to is French press cold brew coffee. I make a big batch 32 oz of water to 10 oz of coffee grounds in a French press. Fill it up, let it sit on the counter overnight and then pour it into a pitcher to stay in the fridge.

I make a rather simple drink- one tablespoon of maple syrup mixed in with a 1/3 concentrate of coffee, then the other 2/3rds whole organic milk! Gets me to have a good morning every day. ^^

I have been experimenting with coconut milk! It's very tasty, but the 2/3rds of coconut milk all the way is definitely a different drink than using dairy milk. A mix of 1/3 of both has been a good blend! But I usually just go for the dairy milk.

I don't drink hot tea in the warmer months, but I'll get bubble tea basically any time of the year. My go-to order is 50% sugar taro milk tea, often with pudding. I also like getting matcha milk tea with cheese foam. I tried making cheese foam at home once, and I was successful, but it's hard to make it in a small enough quantity that one person can reasonably consume it before it stops being... foam.

Heya fellow Sharkies (or whatever we call each other here in RP Nation)! For the sake of learning, sharing, and fun, let's see if I can get a ball rolling here. Shall we? =)

From this month's newsletter:

I like dark roast, preferably smooth and rich, without any burnt aftertaste. I grind and brew mine from the bean at home. Current favorite? Kicking Horse, Grizzly Claw.

I also enjoy a really good decaf. Verena Street's Sunday Drive Decaf is also terrific for the same reasons I listed above. I finally found a decaf that was rich and smooth without a heavy aftertaste.=)

I like some cold milk to cool it down (because who wants to wait 20 whole minutes just to drink your cup of coffee? Especially in the morning?!).

Instead of white sugar, I like to add a touch of Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Powder - Dark Chocolate & Cocoa. It adds a nice touch of flavor that adds to any coffee I'm drinking.

Why do I drink coffee in the first place? I found out earlier this year that coffee is really good for my particular brand of ADHD. I'm on a spectrum that makes me prone to headaches and migraines (I'm one of those that - unlike many people and thanks to direct experience - never confuses the two).

Six months ago, I began to study coffee and its effects on ADHD (Johns Hopkins University - the folks who diagnosed me with ADHD, and WebMD were especially helpful). I learned that coffee, if enjoyed responsibly (less than 200 mg of caffeine/day, don't drink it 8 hours before bed, things like that), the number of migraines and headaches I've suffered every month has consistently lessened, leading to improvements in my daily life and routine. Hooraaay! 8D

But back to coffee. So why do I drink my coffee this way? Because years ago, I read a certain book that basically said, "you be you." And so my fellow Sharkies... I gotta be me! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann

P.S. Your turn, folks! What kind of tea or coffee do you like and why do you drink it? C'mon and "spill the beans" with me already!
Maxwell House Dark Roast. Here recenly I have been finding myself adding sugar and milk......

I love the smell of coffee, hate the taste.

So I drink tea. The kinda depends on what I'm feeling at the time.

😭 Man I wish caffeine worked for me

I am a latte fiend. I'm hypersensetive to bitterness, but the unpleasant facets of coffee can be easily ameliorated with the inclusion of milk or cream... I like em strong and fatty 💪 and as such I'm not too fussy about the exact blend of beans. If instant is all there is, that's fine with me, as long as there's full cream pasture-feed milk to be had! I like the taste and also the caffeine.
The only thing better than a latte is an affogato 😋 good vanilla icecream and passable (or better) espresso is the perfect match imo.

Tea, on the other hand, I can take or leave. I sometimes feel like it with a little milk and a little honey. Yeah, I've got a bit of a sweet tooth 😁... Though iced tea the way Americans have it is still way too sweet for me. Any tea which can't be drank with milk doesn't do much for me, but I'll have them hot and unadulterated if they're what's going.

Last edited:
There is just something about that first sip of coffee that really sets up your entire day… it’s definitely a drug!

Oh man... I'm in love with iced vanilla latte. lol

Not from Starbucks, but from Caffeina. lol. People who haven't had iced vanilla latte (or caramel or mocha) don't understand how much of a liquid gold that thing really is.

My dad is a coffee enthusiast, to the point where he'll pre-order coffee that he can roast himself and experiment with the different flavors.

Because of this, coffee is sort of a comfort drink for me since I associate a lot of nostalgia with it (which, in hindsight, maybe wasn't that good for me growing up, but oh well lol). I tend to favor Ethiopian blends that are either medium or dark roasts.

As for tea, just plain iced tea is enough to make any hot summer day feel magical! And less hot.

Last edited:
hi yall! ive been reading the most recent posts and i have to say.
👍

i love all of both things.

when im looking for more caffeine, i go with coffee.
i drink all the kinds. its entertaining to see what people like. no, i may not drink it that way, but go you.

but once n a while i like to have some fairytale tea. (my own recipe) and my favorite herbal is peppermint, with honey.

I think coffee is nasty lol. Not a fan at all. Recently got into matcha... not a huge fan until I put it in milk. I don't know what milk does but matcha tastes GOOD now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back