Viewpoint What is a role play you would join every time

I’m absolutely weak for the last ronin/the final member of a long legacy looking for revenge type of plots or underdog stories. Dark, brutal, but full of raw emotions - that’s the stuff.

Any time I see something centered around MMORPGs whether in a "The Guild" type of way (slice of life) or something along the lines of SAO/dotHack (people getting trapped in the game) it's an instant join. My other two weaknesses are secret agents and heist/thieves' guild style plots.

Most of the stories I'm reading right now are about reincarnation or otherworlders. I'd love to play something like that. If any of you guys have a suggestion I'm all ears. Hook a brother up.

Barbarian Sword & Sorcery (i.e. Conan the Barbarian analogs)

crossover or worlds collide - any kind of rp where the limits of who you can use are anything and everything. i'm a huge fan of seeing the way canon characters react in an incorrect setting, and i also have a number of ocs that are very niche and don't see the light of day too often

i toyed with an rp idea a few years ago that was called "roamer's raffle" that essentially was just a little pocket dimension any character could accidentally stumble into regardless of setting. it did poorly but that was because nobody seemed to grasp the concept of "nobody is trapped here, you can just leave through the same door you came in"

I love me a good high school roleplay.
I eat it up every time.

Oh boi now this is something to talk about.
My tastes are varied, which depends mainly on the mood, but few things stay true.

If i can sense that this quote would fit the rp. "Blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb."
This essentially means that found family is more important than your blood-related family, for you have chosen them or they have chosen you to be a family, rather than being forced upon you. It helps if your family is a bunch of A grade Holes, like mine.

Weirdly enough that quote fits for nearly every rp, but at the same time not really, since it requires good people, to make that covenant to doesn't it.

But back on track, i generally prefer fantasy to scifi rp's mainly because of my workfetish of trying to understand everything.
And well fantasy is fantasy, you always have that trump card of its fantasy it just doesn't work the same, but most scifi have high enough realism that i just tend to think how things work and i tend to forget to actually post for them.

AUDJFJEKSKDF wild west roleplays. western roleplays. I don’t usually see a lot of these around (or maybe im just not searching the right places?) but i think its interesting because there’s a lot of potential for anything. you can even put other stuff with western roleplays, you can place horror within it, supernatural elements and i think that’s cool because a lot of things can go with it. there’s just a lot of potential in it. maybe this is because of my special interest in cowboys and western stuff though.. hm..

heist rps… i love me a good heist rp/mission bc i feel like they’re great for both character bonding and getting to write interesting scenes

Hi!!

Big time shout outs to Pirates, Urban Fantasy and Isekai!

But my Top 3:

3 - Magic and Swords High Fantasy - I'll do fighty LotR style ones fo'sho but love the more quirky ones that involve like fae, spirits or even magitech lol.

2 - Superheroes/Magical Girl - yeah they different but the appeal for me is the superpowers aspect but even more fun is the SECRET IDENTITY!

1 - 1900's/Magical Steampunk - I like the steampunk tech that is just out there like non-blimp airships and other such vehicles that's closer to early 1910's tech than pre-1900. Add magic in there and like ya girl is double in love.

Apocalypse/dystopian. I'll do a lot of different RPs but a dystopian world of any kind will lure me in.

Looking over what seems to be popping in Nation Building, anything that doesn't have a game-like hook. I don't want to balance stats or worry of equations and variables, I got Total War and Civilization for that. I also don't very much care for things to move at the speed of the GM, who can only move the RP along after everyone has got their posts out that turn to do some dice stuff and to then just tell you what's happening

i know it's nothing super original or elaborate but supernatural highschool rps are always fun!

I'm just curious about that. What and why are there components to characters you require?
Concept wise or personality wise?
for me my favorite character to rp is the "Butt monkey"
Its less because I'm a clown, and more because Ive always loved how comedic characters can be painted in a more serious light. with what they had went through, and those darker moments where they just lose their smiling-masks.
People like charlie from IASIP
Morph from Exiles (the comic he has a few really good scenes where we're shown morph being serious.)
Clap-trap from Borderlands

Ik its a bit one noted, but its something I adore in characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back