Other What instrument do you play?

i play guitar (electric and classical), bass guitar, and drums! in high school, we had this thing called stage band, which was ig the school’s rock band? that’s what the teacher called it, but that’s where i picked up playing the drums! i started playing classical guitar in middle school, then in hs, which eventually transitioned into me picking up different instruments in the stage band 😔 the amount of drum sticks broken because im clumsy

I'm working on my ability to play an Ocarina. I can play a few things, but I'm getting better every day.

I play music. Mostly anime and video game music from a while back, and I’m learning to play a couple of Nightwish songs I got arrangements for.

Ok so my parents are musicians and I'm their only child out of 3 that really took to music and enjoys practicing it. So I had the amazing opportunity to play and have multiple instruments over my life.

In the 6th grade I taught myself piano on our horribly out of tune heirloom piano (it's. Never been tuned since we owned it. That's over 25 years, maybe over 30.) I can't really play like I used to because I just. Lost the skill from lack of playing, but I do play again here and there sometimes.

Then I took after my father a bit and learned the drums. Shut up it is a real instrument. And essential to any band. Where we differ though is that he plays marching band and jazz where I play rock/more popculturey stuff. I wish I still had the ability to play, but I never owned my own set. Always borrowed the school's where I played in our rock band class. No not jazz, not marching band, not orchestra. Rock band class. With a ukulele cult.

After that I wanted so bad to learn a stringed instrument again. No one in my family plays guitar. It. Never really clicked for me. But oddly enough what DID was baritone ukulele! Baritone ukulele's are tuned like a guitar, except they are missing the top 2 strings. So four strings like a ukulele. It's. Kinda like a mini guitar. I really enjoy it even though I'm not like, amazing at it. And finding music for it is extremely difficult. I have to do guitar music for it, since it's not tuned like a regular ukulele and yet I can't play half guitar music pieces because I'm missing two strings haha. I usually end up having to translate my own music, which actually has been a kind of fun and good learning opportunity.

I also used to be in choir in middle school, and I was good! Got a few solos! Then I started hrt in high school and my voice dropped, and now I have no control over my voice anymore, and can't hit a falsetto at all. Shame. I still try to sing though, in private.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back