What do you look for in Nation Building RP's

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
Hi there!

I was wanting to start a nation building RP, but I have never heard of this type of RP until I came here. After reading a few helpful tips on the subject and some RP's themselves, I was wondering what Nation Building fans want in their RP so as to better understand and hopefully create an RP to draw people.

I was thinking of an Original Fantasy world type using a template of an old RP I have.

Thank you for any advice

Hello, I am a Nation Bulding only roleplayer so I think I can help.

1. The CS should fit the style. If its a simple rp, you dont need 5000 fields, if its detailed, you should have more fields to fill.

2. Don't make their be tons of confusing mechanics and things you have to fill out

3. Roleplays where you act as a character in your nation (Ghost in the machine) and rps where you act as the nation (See Zelorms rps such as 2015 New World New Borders) tend to last the longest, but unique rps like Dawn of Life and Pillars of Creation seem to be doing well

4. Don't demand tons of posts a day, but don't let players post one every week

Whats your idea for a nation building rp?

Bobisdead123 said:
Hello, I am a Nation Bulding only roleplayer so I think I can help.
1. The CS should fit the style. If its a simple rp, you dont need 5000 fields, if its detailed, you should have more fields to fill.

2. Don't make their be tons of confusing mechanics and things you have to fill out

3. Roleplays where you act as a character in your nation (Ghost in the machine) and rps where you act as the nation (See Zelorms rps such as 2015 New World New Borders) tend to last the longest, but unique rps like Dawn of Life and Pillars of Creation seem to be doing well

Whats your idea for a nation building rp?
I never thought to look at the CS's of the Nation Building RP's, but that's a good point. I would think with what I have now it would be somewhat detailed.

When I look at the mechanics given, it appears to be geared towards the progression of a members civilization ( or similiar )

My idea involved a fantasy world completely original, members would start out with a kingdom of small stature. The GM would be the person who directs World Events, which the members would post how the events change their kingdom etc. and they make subtle progressions in various fields.

[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]I never thought to look at the CS's of the Nation Building RP's, but that's a good point. I would think with what I have now it would be somewhat detailed.
When I look at the mechanics given, it appears to be geared towards the progression of a members civilization ( or similiar )

My idea involved a fantasy world completely original, members would start out with a kingdom of small stature. The GM would be the person who directs World Events, which the members would post how the events change their kingdom etc. and they make subtle progressions in various fields.

[/QUOTE]
Sounds great. Im up for it

Bobisdead123 said:
I understand your objection to once a week posting, but depending on the detail level of the roleplay, I can be satisfied with that post frequency. My preference for nation RPs is highly detailed entries with lots of direction and development per post— 500 - 1200 words. My posts usually span entire scenes (or two) filled with political dialogue and environment description, and that takes time and planning to execute properly.

Getting two of those up per week is a big time sink, and it's impossible (for me) if I'm involved in another RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bone2pick said:
I understand your objection to once a week posting, but depending on the detail level of the roleplay, I can be satisfied with that post frequency. My preference for nation RPs is highly detailed entries with lots of direction and development per post— 500 - 1200 words. My posts usually span entire scenes (or two) filled with political dialogue and environment description, and that takes time and planning to execute properly.
Getting two of those up per week is big time sink, and it's impossible (for me) if I'm involved in another RP.
That is true, and in rps with extreme detail that's how it is. But im talking about ones with a bit less detail. And im mainly referring to how often the gm posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back