What are your thoughts on Dragon-Blooded?

griever

For backers only

Dragon-Blooded Announcement

Personally, I'm kind of a mix of satisfied and meh. On the one hand, reshaping the Blessed Isle as a microcosm is kind of cool, and it creates for a much better setting for Dynast-centric games. But on the other hand, the announced additions of Bloodlines kind of has me going...

...Lookshyan gentes with the family name of "Uchiha" or "Hyuga" anyone?

One page of text, a cover page and a picture....that was really awfully thin. The other previews have been better, but maybe that is because abyssals and infernals are changing more than dragon blooded, and any info on liminals is cool and new.

It is the first splat book coming out after the core....hopefully the core will be out in September now? I think that is what is projected on Onyx Path.

My biggest source of happiness in the Dragon-Blooded preview was the news that other Exalts may not have to avoid the Blessed Isle at all costs.

I always loved the descriptions of the Isle, but wasn't too keen on playing a Dragon-Blooded. Now with the increased size, and pending civil war there may be more opportunities for outside forces.

[QUOTE="Tribute of a Dark Heart]My biggest source of happiness in the Dragon-Blooded preview was the news that other Exalts may not have to avoid the Blessed Isle at all costs.
I always loved the descriptions of the Isle, but wasn't too keen on playing a Dragon-Blooded. Now with the increased size, and pending civil war there may be more opportunities for outside forces.

[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

I always felt. . I had to alter the Realm in some way everytime I storytelled, so my players could go there if they wanted, with out horribly dying.

I'm a fan, provided they do it well.

Inheriting unique powers from your parents is a pretty classic archetype. Sure, it'll lead to Naruto, but it also lets us have a host of other myths and legends behind it, and it gives extra mystical 'oomph' to Dragon-Blooded lineages, which is nice.

FrivYeti said:
I'm a fan, provided they do it well.
Inheriting unique powers from your parents is a pretty classic archetype. Sure, it'll lead to Naruto, but it also lets us have a host of other myths and legends behind it, and it gives extra mystical 'oomph' to Dragon-Blooded lineages, which is nice.
Not to mention, it'll give them (the writers) the chance to make those less popular Families and Gentes a little more appealing to the players.

I mean, come on. Having 15 million Karal Fire Aspects and Cynis Wood Aspects is great and all...but let's get some variety :)

I think realm is a pretty cool guy, eh fights the manfold enmys of creation and doesn't afraid of anything.

griever said:
Not to mention, it'll give them (the writers) the chance to make those less popular Families and Gentes a little more appealing to the players.
I mean, come on. Having 15 million Karal Fire Aspects and Cynis Wood Aspects is great and all...but let's get some variety :)
That's good at least. Will they make it a little bit easier to have martial artists who aren't water aspected?

Holden said:
[media]

[/media]
But seriously; hallo Holden! Hope all's well on EX3 - I heard there were more delays due to wrestling with Charms again.

That is awesome. I love terrestrial martial arts but it's so annoying if you don't feel like doing a water aspect.

Melissia said:
That is awesome. I love terrestrial martial arts but it's so annoying if you don't feel like doing a water aspect.
I dunno, Wood Aspect Ill Lily Stylist makes me go HNNNG!

I love the idea of having abilities expanding out of a single element. Overall, very excited for this one - Dragon Bloods are my go - to guys for Exalted.

Haven't actually played a game of Exalted yet, but the changes seem cool, from an outside perspective. A lot of it went over my head but yeah. Coming in this close to the release of a new edition leaves me in a weird spot.

I'm fond of the new direction for the Dragon-Blooded. The dynastic polities, blood feuds, and immense privilege afforded to Dynasts has always struck me as the core Terrestrial experience, so making the Blessed Isle more engaging can only mean good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back