Warhammer 40k NBRP

Commissar Gaunt

The Phoenix Lord
Love Warhammer 40,000 and want to play a good NBRP? Than help make the fanbase for Warhammer 40,000: Galaxy aflame. Become the High Commander of an Imperial Guard World, the Chapter Master of a Space Marine Company, or attempt to kill everything as the Hive Mind of a Tyranid Hive Fleet. For in the 41st Millennium there is only war...

What is a Nation Building Roleplay?

-A Nation Builder Roleplay is a Roleplay set around you controlling a Nation through everything from War to Riots. You are the Leader of your own nation, and it is your job to lead your nation to a rise in power.

What is Warhammer 40,000?

-Warhammer 40,000 is a Miniature tabletop game where you Build, Paint, and Battle your armies against other players. There are more than a Dozen "Races" to the 40k universe, each with their own background, history, and abilities:

Adeptus Mechanicus (Legios)

Chaos Space Marines (Chapter)

Chaos Daemons (Daemon Prince)

Dark Eldar (Dark Craftworld)

Eldar (Craftworld)

Grey Knights/Sisters of Battle (Orders)

Imperial Guard (Battle Group)

Inquisition (Retinue)

Necrons (Tomb World)

Orks (Waaaaaagh!)

Renegade Guard (Rogue Battle Group)

Space Marines (Chapter)

Tau (Sept)

Tyranids (Hive Fleet).

For information regarding these races, please check these two sites:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page#.TtLwSmMk67s

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki

The Plot:

This is going to be a Last Race standing warfare, where the last remaining Race will be crowned Victors of the Galaxy.

They'll be 5 subsections to this RP-

Diplomacy: Where other players can meet you to make deals, most likely in a battlefield prefab building.

Invasion: Pretty obvious, this is where you tell where your invading and where the battle folds out.

Command: This is where you post the thread for your Leaders or Heroes, and you can upgrade them with special abilities or weapons, which will take time.

Reinforcements: Here you can order extra men or vehicles from your Home Planet. Depending on how far you are from your Home Planet, it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

Note: This is in effect except for stated Races.

Statecraft: where your Commander works and deals with problems that come with leading men.

Note: Diplomatic communication is limited only to interracial Diplomacy, except for stated races.

I'd be game. What does it look like with what you have in mind so far?

Por'el Gue'run'al Mal'Caor present. Would like to announce the ingress of the Gue'run'al sept.

Aur'ocy shath'r'i tskan sha Tau'va.

Im game, now I can actually play the Necrons as an all mighty technological machine race. :D

Leading Characters:

Adeptus Mechanicus - Lord Princeps

Chaos Deamons - Daemon Prince

Chaos Space Marines - Chaos Lord

Dark Eldar - Archon

Eldar - Farseer

Grey Knights/Sisters of Battle - Lord Commander

Imperial Guard - Warmaster

Inquisition - Inquisitor

Necrons - Necron Lord

Ork - Da Big Boss

Renegade Guard - Colonel

Space Marines - Chapter Master

Tau - Ethereals

Tyranids - Hive Mind

Im actually changing the amount of troops given slightly.

Imperial Guard-Planet forces (ex. Cadia gets all Cadians)

Space Marines-Entire Chapter (Black Templars are exception, they only get 1 Crusade Fleet.)

Eldar- Craftworld

Tyranids- Splinter Fleet

Orks-Waugh! (Cannot use Armaggedon Waugh)

Tau- Tau Sept

As is probably obvious from my post, I was planning on being a T'au sept populated primarily by Gue'vesa. Would this pose a problem?

So do we need a codex or can we dredge things up?

But i totally claim grey knights. DIBS!

Question: Considering just how much EVERYTHING in this setting hates each other, how would diplomacy work? Or are we ignoring the "purge the xeno" thing?

Also, I want Valhalla

@Belial: Basically you need a Codex, but as long as you keep the winging to a realistic level, I'll let it slide.

@Lord: Diplomacy would work in a few ways, like getting another player to assist you in an in invasion. And no, not all Imperials follow those rules. Ex: Blood Angels & Necrons vs. Tyranids.

But the whole "Purge the Xenos" will be largely ignored by most of the Imperium when it comes to the races, especially for Eldar.

Ex: Blood Angels & Necrons vs. Tyranids.
THIS NEVER HAPPENED! All references to it must be PURGED with BOLT and SWORD and FIRE.

Anyway, I'm fine with ignoring the everyone-hates-everyone thing. Do you have a rough idea of when you'll have more game info up?

Count me in, is it alright if I play as a rebelling Imperial Planet with a small group of surviving Flame Falcons? If not, just the rebelling bit then.

I am fairly sure i Forbade you from that Idea forever, Seeny Boi.

Edit: As is my habit of Reading forum threads Backwards.. i got something to add

"Anyway, I'm fine with ignoring the everyone-hates-everyone thing", from what I've seen, thats kind of the POINT of Warhammer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back