• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom WANTED: Alive – Red-Hair Shanks [plot-focussed]

Lux_Lux

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello everyone!

I've been recently getting back into the One Piece fandom, very much enjoying how the events are unfolding on a major plane and drawing closer to its final conclusion. However, its course also made the key points for my main OC highly implausible, so I am really itching to revamp her backstory or rather turn her into a completely new one, and even more important, breathing some life into her via RP to bounce off ideas. (This is her old design which would undergo changes, too, but probably keep a similar vibe)

Back in the olden days™ I used to do those things in dedicated RP boards and chats but as those seem to be slowly vanishing off the face of the earth, especially when it comes to canon-based ones, I thought I'd try my luck here and look for someone willing to play one of the main, well, persons of reference – the captain of her designated pirate crew: Shanks.

My thoughts on:
  • The general setup: As mentioned, I stem from a traditional RP background, playing with groups from 10-30 people, most often as a gamemaster / admin myself. This means, I am very much looking for crafting an overarching, rich plot in that particular world to explore its themes and conflicts from a different angle; of course contributing in the form of providing NPCs and story-hooks to drive the whole thing further. Generally, I am not aversed to romance but it needs to fit into the broader execution – we all love those quick endorphines but in retrospect, the stories I hold dearest were those that had more to tell than that.

• A potential RP partner: I'd love a sparring partner most of all. Trust me, I did give c.ai a chance but between Smirkbot3000 who tries to get into your pants at the first opportunity and having to remind the AI that the character in question only has one arm every 3 posts, it's just so incredibly tiring to be the only driving force of a story.
    Even more important, I think, is that you are invested in the character yourself, and know enough about what has been going on (by no means I expect you to have read the manga in its entirety), and would love to write a story together that fills in the gaps and open questions with own interpretations, exploring backgrounds in flashbacks and such.
    Regarding age – I do have to scroll quite a rude amount to find my year in a date of birth picker by now, so if you're 25+ that would definitely help me ease my hello-fellow-kids-type of anxiety.

• Me: As I have been into RP for the better half of my life now, I do know my way around a keyboard, I like to think, however, I am first and foremost a dynamic writer (yeah, the wall of text here looks really dynamic alright); but I am rarely above 500 words (unless there is exposition needed or NPCs are involved).

• Doubling: I think if you read until here, it's probably clear that I am looking for someone who'd enjoy to play the character for the sake of a character in the context I would love to offer – if it's just quid pro quo, then I'm afraid we're not a match. I do enjoy playing canons too, but I am very much involved playing those and other side characters for other people in our RP forum (Naruto), so I don't think I have much left to give in that direction.

• What else can I offer: IF most of this sounds pretty tempting to you, and all you need is just a liiittle nudge, I am a decent artist when it comes to drawing anime-style, so if you need help in some form, e.g. an OC of you has never found it's way to (digital) paper or you need a revamp of an existing one, that's surely something we can talk about at some point within reasonable expectations.

Tl;dr: looking for someone who'd let me explore the One Piece world through Shanks as an anchor point, and help me develop my OC

So! That's it. Short and sweet.
Lux

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back