Very complicated and thought out RP only for the serious.

Trevor B Harper

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘œ๐’น๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‡'๐“ˆ ๐’Ÿ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”
WARNING: Let me say this first. This roleplay can and will be complicated! There will be much things to keep track during it and there will be a system. I will be the game master and a player. I will be making the plot, although you will be the ones shaping it. Your decisions will influence the story line and the progression of your characters and the roleplay. Only take part if you are VERY serious about your roleplays.

Now that that is out of the way, let me begin:

I won't tell you much about the plot as of yet as there are still a few things I am deciding, but this roleplay will be a dungeon crawler. You know those games when you delve deep into dungeons and fight monsters? Yeah, this is going to be it. You're going to have levels, skills, equipment, everything a RPG-ish dungeon crawler would have. Think of this as a forum, text-based Dungeons and Dragons, but slightly less complicated. Or not. I don't know. There are details I have yet to decide. You will be able to create your own classes, races and skills though. I will only be controlling the storyline. Your characters will also have an effect, and there will be numerous ways to complete a dungeon. Their difficulties will also scale. After every dungeon there will be three options to choose from for the next level. I will use random.org to create a difficulty for each of the options, and you will have the ability to choose. There will be safe havens, towns, even quests to complete.

I would require three more people besides me to join this roleplay and a very cool adventure. Btw, I will be using some visuals to help. Like dungeon maps.

Hope it peeks someone's interest.

If you think my rp skills are up to the task sign me up. I already have a notebook I use fir keeping track of things in my different rp's so I could follow along easily no matter how complicated.

ButI need a solid group, if you sign up when it's done, leaving is not a thing I'd be in favor of. :<

Daig, nothing is full. :) It's not even made yet, I don't even know the group size. (2 groups? :?)

Cool! I'll keep it in mind. :)

Ye. I think the OOC thread is also going to be used as IC , and the CS for both CS's and OOC . And it might be slightly slow as I will probably have to reply to every post.

I'm sorry I can't completely commit given a somewhat hectic summer schedule, but you've certainly colored me curious. Even if you don't have a full commitment in this thread, I'd wager your idea is still strong enough to garner more than enough character sheets if you decide to go ahead with production. All the same, I'll try to keep up to date on this as it certainly sounds like a fun adventure to be a part of.

I will stay commited to the very end. :)

So here's a little outline of how the RP will work.

People will create their characters with stats ansd skills, or pick from already premade claases. They will have a posting cycle and every time when they post they will have two action points to spend which are primary and secondary. Primaries will be something like attack, defend, run and stuff, and secondaries will be opening doors, using items, walking and stuff.

They will all be done in dice. I haven't figured that part out yet though.Any help?

Well, you could borrow from White Wolf world and have a set amount of high dice numbers to mean success for each turn, making it so instead of many dices it's only one, or you could go another way where difficulty of a task means the minimum number for a good roll goes down. Did that help?

I know how the dice will decide success or failure. What I do not know, is how we will roll the dice. Me doing all the rolling will be tedious, and letting the players do so will mean they can cheat. :/

There is. However, I do not have knowledge of how it works. We would need to roll two times per post for both actions. I will have to test how it works. :P

Would the dice decide if I open the door or not?

Belshak the Brave attempts to open the tavern door to get some food.

roll d20 = 4

Belshak the Brave misses.

Nooo. It would decide if using a stat would succeeed.

Example:Jerry used his Magic stat to attempt a spell that removes locks.

If dx > y, Jerrt succeeds or smthing.

Sounds interesting. I love tabletop games so I'm really interested. I GM a Dungeons and Dragons group so if you need help with anything, such as dice. Id be happy to help.

Alright, I just tested out the dice system here, and I think I know a way to work it out. :) The roleplay will be coming along today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back