Usurpers of Hearth

Grahame Luck

Plot

Five men, all friends since childhood, have risen to a power equal of their King and Senate. (The Senate acts as a bunch of advisors)

These five men grow tired of their leaders squabbling over politics and not making actions to improve the country of Sinew.

They successfully execute the assassination of their King and the entire Senate, and even get to point their fingers at the religious fanatics which are the enemy of Sinew.

The next step in the takeover is to launch the worlds first missile, a nuclear one, at the innocent religious fanatics. Their entire island is wiped from the map. All that remains now is the large continent of Sinew.

One last thing remains: A general to command their armies. One man was a war hero, he was to be the general.

Now, the six men have proclaimed themselves the Six Kings, promising the people a better life, a safer life. Many citizens speculate about this. Will a rebellion rise or will the world praise these new leaders?

Important Information

This world is set in Steampunk environment, and in 1944.

Sinew is a giant land mass surrounded by sea with a small island next to it called Piety (Pie-tee) The planet is called Hearth.

A brief overview of the Six Kings:

The Leader, Charles Winfold. The one who controls the five others and the organisation they created which rules the world as we know it.

The Military Colonel, Hans Kriskoff. He rules the majority of the army controlled by the organisation and quells any rebellion on any corner of the planet.

The Economist, Ralph Plaw. Keeping the flow of money circulating around the world, he keeps everything in check with stock prices and when needed, halts flow to a certain location for various reasons.

The Mastermind, Theodore Quinn. The genius behind the whole plan to overthrow the government before the organisation took over. He designed the nuclear weapon which desecrated Piety and this in turn started a chain of events leading to the present world today.

The Psychic, Phillip Phin. Able to read minds of people he's looking at directly, his aid in the world domination helped greatly in destroying the world economy and leaving the organisation to rebuild it.

The Engineer, Joseph Mckensy. Furthering the technology of science, he and his team of scientist create many contraptions with their limited tools of steam. His body was burnt badly as a child. He learned most of his knowledge from watching endless tapes on engineering in hospital for several years. His team invented a special suit that hides his burnt flesh and keeps him alive.

These six men are never seen together in the one place at the same time. They each have their own sections of the world to monitor and meet once a month through holographic devices to discuss matters of the world. The one time they were all seen together and known as The Six Kings was when the nuclear device was launched on November 2, 1936.

Your character can be the following:

-Rebel

-Riot Officer

-One of the Six Kings. (PM me about that)

-Citizen

This role-play is (M15+) it will contain the following:

Gore

Adult themes

Explicit language

Lots of (girly) drama.
:P

To participate in this role-play, the forum and the players will not be held accountable for whatever you read if you are underage. This bold text says so.

H20 (Water) has no impurities. This means there is no bouyancy which means nothing by hydrogen can float on it. It also means that steam is more efficient. The water is drinkable since the people do not have reverse omnosis.

Formal and informal language is English. Artistic language is German. (Music and entertaining literature) If somebody speaks German, they are considered to be flirting, making a joke, or insulting somebody. E.g: "Sie suchen feinen heute." (You are looking fine today) or, "Raus aus meinem Gesicht, Schweinehund!" (Get out of my face, pigdog!) A German insult shows passion and pure hate, it's the worst kind of insult possible.

If a song or piece of literature is sang or written in English, it is considered educational, serious, and/or important.

Please use Google Translate, even if you know German. (Google Translate often messes up the sentences, but if we all use it, it will make sense)

Post format:

Code:
<Date: 00:00AM/PM - 00:00AM/PM. DAY, MONTH, YEAR>

<Your roleplay>

The date is crucial. It tells everybody how long it takes for your turn to happen. Your time is not arbitrary on other people. E.g:

Player 1: 12:35PM - 1:20PM. 23/4/1944

Bob walked down the street, it was a nice, long walk.

Player 2: 12:50PM - 1:00PM 23rd of April, 1944

Frank saw a man walk down the street. He kept walking.

It does not matter how you state the date and time, as long as you follow the format.

Roles

The rebellion has two sides. The remnants of Piety who are deeply religious and spiritual, the home country was itself considered sacred. The other side of the rebellion believes the Six Kings killed the real king and are evil.

Riot Officers stop the rebels by any means necessary. Batons, guns, explosives, whatever the case may be. Most officers start off trying to make a better world and over time turn into cruel and corrupt, not all though.

To be one of the Six Kings, PM me and I'll give you full details on their personalities and their history. Read it all and understand who they are. If there's something you don't like about the character, or you want to add your own little thing(s), we can make some sort of agreement.

Citizens are everyday people who praise the Six Kings. The rebels will often try to convert them to their cause and sometimes they do, sometimes it doesn't go right and things get intense.

History (Brief)

During the Industrial Revolution (1750-1850) Steam was widely used and expanded over the world. Fossil Fuels were never discovered so technology was limited to steam engines.

1900 - The First of the six future leaders were born.

1902 - First steam engine plane was invented

1906 - The war between Sinew and Piety breaks out and lasts for three decades.

1923 - 1930 - Many advancements in technology which are similar to modern times and even futuristic.

1936 - The organisation known as The Six Kings is officially formed. Shortly after forming the organisation, their first action was to launch the world's first Nuclear Steam Missile. (NSM)

1937 - Piety is declared a wasteland for their treachery against the King. The Denizens of Sinew praise the Six Kings.

1940 - The first rebellion outbreak recorded since the takeover of Sinew over a convincing conspiracy.

1944 - Organisation The Six Kings have total world domination.

The current date is the 29th of October, 1944.

Unimportant (but interesting) Information

1902 - First steam engine plane invented

TODAY is a historical day for man! Mankind has conquered the land and now we have conquered the skies by making the first man fly in the worlds first ‘aeroplane’ created by the Pieties.

The Pieties have given the King of Sinew the schematics of the aeroplane and are showing our engineers how it works. A spokesman, Robert Jenny says, “We are extremely glad the President of Piety allowed us to fly the skies alongside his men. In the near and far future I can see many ways we can use this as a way to travel and to promise a lasting relationship with our ally.”

The technology behind the aeroplane is called ‘aero dynamics’ which uses the wind to keep the plane gliding like a bird taking a rest from flapping it’s wings after a long journey.

The minister of defence is most intrigued by this newfound technology and asks for planes to be militarized. An official answer by the King is yet to be heard of.

1906 - War between Sinew and Piety

The President of the Republic of Piety believes that he was contacted directly from his almighty god, Kel’Rum. The God demanded that the blasphemers across the emptiness (Jargon for 'water') must pay for not bowing down to him. The President, Thomas Lowing immediately assembled his army to sneak-attack Sinew. As confident as he was, his country doubted his actions but were reassured once he gave his speech the following night after the first strike in Sinew began.

“My fellow Pieties. Approximately twenty four hours ago, I was directly contacted by Kel’Rum himself. He demands that the Sinewers pay with their lives for not worshipping his almightiness. I dare not refuse the word of Kel’Rum for that it would bring destruction upon us. If blood must be spilled for our lord, who are we to reject his word? The blasphemers must pay.”

The roar of clapping filled the stadium and the King of Sinew refused to be beaten but for 30 years they were unable to assimilate Piety until the nuclear incident occurred.

There are many war stories on both sides but there are none other than the Holding of Tenningville, a coastal town of Sinew. A total of 535 men were deployed to that town in 1910 and every single man held off Tenningville until their dying breathe. In the end it was a loss for Sinew but they defended it against all odds… For 10 years they held the town until the final push on 1920 when the Piety went behind enemy lines to infiltrate and plant TEBs. (Toxic Emission Bombs)

1923 - 1930 - Many advancements in technology which are similar to modern times and even futuristic.

The advancements in technology cover these items:

Exoskeleton suits (1925)