Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, there's no way to enforce this. You can't enforce a feeling. Especially, if "feeling safe" feels different to anyone. I don't feel safe on airplanes. I can't ban planes.
I see, although this kind of sounds like the fallacy of reification to me, because you're taking an abstract concept at its most literal meaning. In general I'd say when people bring up feeling safe in an argument, they just mean people have the right to exist in public spaces without the fear of harassment or harm. There's a difference between you not feeling safe on an airplane, and someone feeling unsafe being in a common, public space, where they are obligated to be (say, a school). If you don't feel safe on an airplane, you are not obligated to board an airplane. However, children are obligated to attend school. We can't control how everyone feels, of course, but we definitely do have control over how we monitor and respond to threats, harassment, violence, etc..

I see, although this kind of sounds like the fallacy of reification to me, because you're taking an abstract concept at its most literal meaning. In general I'd say when people bring up feeling safe in an argument, they just mean people have the right to exist in public spaces without the fear of harassment or harm. There's a difference between you not feeling safe on an airplane, and someone feeling unsafe being in a common, public space, where they are obligated to be (say, a school). If you don't feel safe on an airplane, you are not obligated to board an airplane. However, children are obligated to attend school. We can't control how everyone feels, of course, but we definitely do have control over how we monitor and respond to threats, harassment, violence, etc..
I can understand that. I just have a problem with people thinking they have the right to feel safe everywhere, when that might take rights away from others. Like the freedom of speech, or the right to bear arms.

BTS is a little overrated (nice sound, but their fans saying they have the best vocal technique crack me up just a little)

Mozzarella sticks are better than chicken nuggets (though I may be biased bc I’m italian ?)

Stuffed cabbage is nastyyyyyy (may not be unpopular in general but hella unpopular in my family)

BTS is a little overrated (nice sound, but their fans saying they have the best vocal technique crack me up just a little)

Mozzarella sticks are better than chicken nuggets (though I may be biased bc I’m italian ?)

Stuffed cabbage is nastyyyyyy (may not be unpopular in general but hella unpopular in my family)
You are very right about Mozzarella sticks!

Also the GoT show is hella dull unless it’s a Cerci or Arya scene (so... almost always pretty dull)

Winter is better than summer, always

Pokémon Go, Zootopia, And Crossover ships are all equally disgusting and deserve to die ?‍♀️ ?

Capital Punishment isn’t all bad ?‍♀️ I don’t wanna spend my taxes making sure that Jon the murderer and Felix the serial child rapist can be fed and protected in jail

Capital Punishment isn’t all bad ?‍♀️ I don’t wanna spend my taxes making sure that Jon the murderer and Felix the serial child rapist can be fed and protected in jail
Honestly, this is something that I've flip-flopped on so many times. Like I hate the idea of the death penalty, but I also hate these types of people.

Honestly, this is something that I've flip-flopped on so many times. Like I hate the idea of the death penalty, but I also hate these types of people.
Also I strongly believe that crimes against children and murder/manslaughter crimes should hold higher sentences and animal cruelty regulations in the us are also severely inadequate. Where I used to live someone left their chihuahua outside in the blistering sun 100 plus degree weather all day and night. The dog was always whimpering outside in the backyard and we called the police to see what they could do

And they told us that legally they couldn’t do anything until the dog died from it.

Also I strongly believe that crimes against children and murder/manslaughter crimes should hold higher sentences and animal cruelty regulations in the us are also severely inadequate. Where I used to live someone left their chihuahua outside in the blistering sun 100 plus degree weather all day and night. The dog was always whimpering outside in the backyard and we called the police to see what they could do

And they told us that legally they couldn’t do anything until the dog died from it.
That's absolutely awful. The people across from us are fostering a dog that we're interested in, and he never seems to be inside. Even at night. I'm hoping that we can adopt him and give him a good home.

Skincare isn’t feminine it’s just hygienic, this goes for shaving armpits and legs as well
I was with you up until shaving. There is nothing unhygienic about not shaving, so long as you shower regularly and keep proper hygiene in the first place.

"I was with you up until shaving" title of my ***tape!

Gah! Sorry....I have binged FAR too much Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Anyhow, my unpopular opinion is that coins are now virtually useless and something should be done about them. I DO notice a lot of Rare Coins stores popping up near where I live.

"I was with you up until shaving" title of my ***tape!

Gah! Sorry....I have binged FAR too much Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Anyhow, my unpopular opinion is that coins are now virtually useless and something should be done about them. I DO notice a lot of Rare Coins stores popping up near where I live.
Right, unless you want to buy bread or really cheap things.

i always find the mangas uninteresting and too long (or the same art-style all over), on the contrary, most European comics are much more interesting and varied in subjects (lot of heroes doesn't look alike, nor live in the same kind of place).

Even when younger, the hype was a mystery.

Oh! and:
i never considered art-theft of fan-art to be actual theft, because... it's not the artist creation, they haven't created the characters nor the verse, if someone asked me to take action against this, i wouldn't do anything.

but if the character is actually someone own creation, then yes, i can help with it.

yes, i understand that someone put their heart into a fanart, still, it's not the artist creation at all.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that it's actually a popular opinion, but Hollywood thinks it's unpopular:

Amy Schumer isn't funny. I don't want any more movies with her in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back