Video Games Undertale Theories

Hi! This is my HP = HoPe theory.

LOVE - Level Of Violence. EXP - Execution Points. Everybody who's played Undertale knows that, right. Well, what about HP. My theory is it isn't Health Points, it's Hope. In the genocide route, Sans talks about how he doesn't care about the world. He knows everything would be reset. He has little Hope in the world. This explains why he has 1hp. This also explains why, when trying to kill Undyne, (geno or pacifist) her Hope in stopping you. Her hope in living on and the world being safe means her hp SKYROCKETS! When you gain LOVE, you gain HP. Hope you will get an ending. When you see Chara, you lose all hope. You can't even close the game anymore. The world is going to end. That's it. That's why she deals 999999999999999999999999999... damage to the whole WORLD. You and Chara are the only ones alive. You can't kill Chara because she persists across timelines. You know this by the neutral route. You are the only one alive, the only one to give HOPE to the world, but all that is taken away by Chara. Mettaton's hp changes between forms because he has Hope in his veiwers of his show. He belives the world will be filled with people watching his show. In the genocide route, there is no more veiwers in hotland to watch his show. He also KNOWS you are a murderer. That's why he has no hope. That's why Mettaton NEO has no hp.

A theory I've had ever since I beat the game is that Chara and Frisk both come to the Mountain to escape bad home lives. Another theory I hold to this day is that Chara is not evil. Chara is not the one making you kill people. YOU'RE killing people. Chara is simply a passive observer. And guess what? Chara kills you at the end of the Genocide run because they constantly told you to stop, that you didn't need to do this, and yet you did. Now face the consequences.

A theory I've had ever since I beat the game is that Chara and Frisk both come to the Mountain to escape bad home lives. Another theory I hold to this day is that Chara is not evil. Chara is not the one making you kill people. YOU'RE killing people. Chara is simply a passive observer. And guess what? Chara kills you at the end of the Genocide run because they constantly told you to stop, that you didn't need to do this, and yet you did. Now face the consequences.
I agree with the not-evil Chara theory. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back