Under Tomorrow's Sky [SIGN UP SHEET]

Sen Pai

I'm back, baby.
The year is 2231. Earth’s technology has advanced far beyond what anyone has ever imagined. However, that’s not the only thing that has changed. Aliens from another world have infiltrated the planet. They are hostile and remain glued to their goal: wiping out humanity. Most of the planet has either fallen or retreated. Retreated where? Well, here—one of the last remaining cities on Earth. The alien’s attacks keep coming, and they get stronger every day. If we don’t hold this city, humanity falls—along with Earth.

METRO CITY

• This city is on 24/7, 365 day patrol by the military. In fact, the city is controlled by the military, dictating when people can leave and come, what food is supplied, where it comes from. The city is safe, don’t get me wrong, its just very strictly controlled—and for good reason.

THE WALL

• The Wall, is exactly as it sounds. A wall. It is built surrounding the entire city. It’s thick, concrete and metal frame and body (inside) is designed to withstand almost anything thrown at it. It has failed in the past, but it remains standing. And it remains strong. The top of The Wall is flat, a good stake out position. Military personal and Spiders are often seen patrolling from the flat top.

MILITARY

• So, about the military: There are four categorized factions. Standard, Medical, Engineering, Science. Uniforms must be worn at all time—even when off duty.

GEAR

• There are also two types of protective gear that you must where when on the battle field or on patrol—if you aren't a Driver that is. The orange is a standard, non-leader gear. The blue, is the leader’s gear. You are allowed to paint on your protective gear (within military limits that is) to personalize your gear.

DRIVERS

• Drivers are a specialized group of military personal. They have been trained to remotely control a mecha or mech. Mechs are a broad term of a genre of vehicles that, usually, can walk. Drivers are specially trained for this job because, even though it they are remotely controlling their mech, Drivers must learn how to control their mech, when and how much pressure to apply when picking things up, and so on, and so forth. Training for just the basics can take up to a year.

MECH

• A broad genre of vehicles (normally walking vehicles) which are usually controlled by a pilot. There are three classes of mechs:

heavy, medium, light

. A Driver can customize their mech with personal drawings, again within military limits. All mechs must be humanoid.

• Mechs are controlled much like in the James Cameron movie: AVATAR. Each Driver is attached to a personally made (or requested) Mech. Their nervous system is connected once the 'Link' has been made. Link meaning the first time a Driver and Mech are synced.

Heavy Class

• The heavy class is brute strength and fire power. The mechs categorized in this section carry the massive rocket launcher that most have attached to the shoulder blade. Most mechs though, never have the rocket launcher because they can attach more intricate devices onto their mechs. These heavy mechs can with stand many attacks before giving way, however, they move slow and are bulky. These mechs are usually the last line of defense.

Medium Class

• Mechs categorized in the medium unit are much smaller in size and armor than the heavy mechs. They are equipped with a sub-machine gun, again however, most don’t have one. Medium mechs are faster than the heavy mechs. These mechs are usually the first on the battle field.

Light Class

• Mechs categorized in the light unit have less armor than their medium counter parts. They are agile and fast. While they can not use most of the heavy mech weapons, they can use the medium mechs’ weapons. These mechs can not take a lot of damage, but they are capable of evading shots from the enemy. They are also used for stealth missions.

SPIDERS

• Spiders are tanks. The word Spider is its nickname, given because of it’s unique shape. There are various tank shapes that can relate to this name. However, all tanks that have this shape are called Spiders.

THE HANGAR

• The hangar is where all mechs are stationed when not in use. This is also where all mechs and military equipment go when they need repairs. The hangar is connected to the inside of the military base.

ALIENS

Sentients are what the humans call these aliens. They have four arms and seem to walk on metal plates. They are very strong and will not hesitate to kill a human if it sees one. They are also hard to kill. Because no one has been able to bring a Sentient back from a war, none of the scientists’ have been able to study them. Therefore, no real weakness are known. The mechanics that are on the Sentients, seem to be part of the creature; not just attached to it.

ALIEN SHIP

The Sentients’ ships are called Tripods, due to their three legs. Nobody knows how they make these ships, but every time the Sentients attack, they seem to have more Tripods with them. Nobody knows their weakness, but most people aim for their legs, which seems to bring them down.

Rules

• -Keep it PG-13

• -Swearing is allowed, but try not to take advantage of it hahaha.

• -No controlling what other characters say, unless it's not an actual character owned by someone.

• -BE ACTIVE. Please, please, please. We're not asking you to post every minute of every hour, but we are asking you to dedicate some of your time to this role play, please!

• -If you're saying something out of character use parenthesis: (.....)

• We'd appreciate it if you'd let us know in parenthesis if you have to go, so others are aware.

• -I think it's better if you type in a paragraph, rather than using actions in asterisks *...*

• -Put "Jigglypuff" somewhere in your character's skeleton if you have read the rules

• -Oh, you can type as much as you please in one post, probably not too too crazy much..haha..but you can write one sentence if you wish. Quality, not quantity, right?

• -Follow all the other basic RpNation rules

Character Skeleton

(I want good and detailed profiles. Minimum 2 lines)

Name:

Military Category:

Driver Class: (if you're not a driver leave this blank)

Personality:

Background History:

Appearance: (picture recommended)

Extra:

Have fun!~

Moderators for this RP

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: John Stein

Military Category: Standard

Driver Class:

Personality: John once was a laid back, care free type of guy. He cared for others first and then himself. But the death of his beloved wife, boot camp, and then military school soon refined and demolished that. Now, all that’s left is his military like attitude. However, when there is no war going on you can find him with a small smile and talking among his comrades. When alone in his own quarters though, he is often found sitting on the bed facing the desk, staring at a small bottle of whisky.

In the heat of battle, John always keeps his calm. He rarely looses is temper and it takes quite a lot for John to actually get angry. He only yells to be heard above the sounds of war and even then the undertone of his voice is caring. John would never willingly put a soldier at risk. John can always think outside the box when it comes to strategic plans and can come up with them quite quickly.

Background History: John’s childhood was relatively strict. He always addressed his parents as Mama or Sir and Father or Mother. He didn’t speak unless spoken too and he always did what he was told, when he was told to do it. John’s childhood life may have been strict, but he was by no means sheltered. John could leave at anytime, so long as he told where he was going and when he was coming back.

As a teen, John often left his home, to see a young lady by the name of Ann. After speaking first to his own father, he went to Ann’s father and asked if he could court [date] her. Ann’s father said yes. After a few years and when John was finally of age, John asked Ann to marry him. Ann said yes. It wasn’t long after that, that Ann fell ill. John watched helplessly by Ann’s side, as the illness took the one thing John loved most in this world. After Ann’s death John was distraught and her death weighed heavily upon him. He had resorted to drinking whisky once a night to make his sorrow go away and then often softly crying himself to sleep. John was 23 at the time.

About a year after Ann’s death he decided that he needed not to waste his life by drinking. So John joined the military. John was well into his military profession when a bullet to his left thigh nearly ended his career. The doctors said he would never have mobile use of his left leg. He proved them wrong. The doctors said he would never walk again, John proved them wrong once more. John was determined to not let his weak leg decide what life he could choose. While John could no longer be in the line of duty, that didn’t stop him from being in the military. He found that commanding an army came naturally to him. So that’s what John has done for the past ten years. He has also adjusted well to having a brace around his left leg and using a cane for extra support. Sometimes he ditches the brace for his high-tech boots that also offer support. Every-once-in-awhile you’ll see him ware both brace and boots if his left leg really bothers him.

(In case you’re wondering—Entered military: Age 24—Accident occurred: Age 28—Brace/Cane use for 10 years)

Appearance:

svsd.jpg

Extra: Jigglypuff

(Picture belongs to me)

Name: Steve Green

Military Category: Engineer

Driver Class:

Personality: While his look may be stern, Steve is actually a pretty nice guy. He's always willing to give a hand to things that need to be done. But when the time is pressed down and things aren't done, with a flip of a switch, Steve turns angry; often yelling at other Engineers to move quicker. However, out of spite he ends up fixing things himself to move the pace. Steve can also be a bit of grump sometimes too. Catch him in that mood and you'll be sure to have glare thrown in your direction.

Steve, on a good day; is calm, collected, and a good person to be around. On a bad day, Steve is usually angry and ends up yelling quite often. He can also be a bit, violent. Which usually entails throwing things around the room. But that rarely happens. Only a few have seen Steve this angry though.

Background History: : While Steve was never apposed to war, he certainly was never a fighter. Therefore when asked to join the military in the UK, he denied and moved to the United States. There, he was asked again to join the military. Steve, reluctantly said yes but also said he wasn't going to be Standard or a Medic. The military then put Steve in the Engineering department. That suited him well, as he liked to fix and work on things. He's been in the Engineering department ever since, and that was a few years ago.

As a senior engineer in the military, he usually is the one directing people where to go. But he's also the one working on the most broken down machines. Steve is also the one working on the "hard to reach areas" of machines. Steve also steps in when there is a lot of work to do--which is quite often. Even as a senior engineer, Steve doesn't like to take a lot breaks. He likes to get things done and fast, and then move on to the next project that needs fixing.

Appearance:

ratchet_holoform_dsots_by_kate_chan-d34posa.jpg

Extra: Jigglypuff

(Picture belongs to rightful owner)

Name:Kira Mantero

Military Category: Driver

Driver Class: Medium

Personality: She hates those who treat her like she needs to be protected, and is friendly with those who wish to fight next to her. She is one of the faster drivers when it comes to medium-sized Mech. She doesn't usually listen to those above her if it goes against her instinct, and she is very reckless when it comes to her life. She is impatient and will act with or without help, because she had been used to taking care of herself.

Background History: Every generation, it always seemed to be that her family was part of the military. Her parents actually met during training, and Kira was born in a military base. Her mom was told to stay inside, because the waves were never ending, but she didn't listen, and ran out to help defend the base.

On the same night that Kira was born, her parents died fighting.

Kira grew up training her whole life, used to the fact that she had no loving parents to hug or be taken care by. She grew up ina special military kids orphanage, just so she could change, and one day get revenge for her parents.

Appearance:

under_the_military_uniform_by_lan_nhi-d38zulj.jpg

Extra:

JIGGLYPUFF

tumblr_mk4p3tfNzV1s32k5ao1_500.gif

Nice Jigglypuff. Haha. Wasn't expecting that!

Oh, I completely forgot. Would it be alright to add an extra set of Forms? For the Driver portion? So we know what the mech looks like? Bah. Here's information on Driver/Mech:

Mechs are controlled much like in the James Cameron movie: AVATAR. Each Driver is attached to a personally made (or requested) Mech. Their nervous system is connected once the 'Link' has been made. Link meaning the first time a Driver and Mech are synced.

((I can't get much more information than that. It's just to complicated for me to put down in words. I see in my mind, what I mean. But the words just don't come out as they should. If the Driver/Mech info is confusing just ask me and I will clarify as best as I can.))

If you're adking me I'm fine with it. I'll fill out any forms unless it's one to ask for my signature for you to kill me!

Character Skeleton

Name: Reinei (Ra-nay) Delis

Driver Class: Light class

Personality:

Reinei is not generally fond of people. She's not a very strong or athletic person, but when put in a bad position, she has the wit and skill to get herself out of it. She comes off as an airhead, but this is because of her constantly positive attitude. She likes to prove others wrong, and does this often with her random facts and useless knowledge about flora and fauna, history, as well as biology. People tend to gravitate towards her, but she has a bad understanding of social norms and tends to make situations awkward. Reinei is quirky.

Background History:

Reinei has had a normal past. She had a mother and father. One brother. A dog. No financial issues. Went through university as a science major and was told after graduating that the military was in need of her services. Renei had quickly changed gears and started training to become a scientist. This, however, fell through when she realised she adored the idea of controlling a mech. She had found them magnificent ever since childhood and was soon put in training for light level mechs.

Appearance:

bluebutterfly.jpg

Extra:

Jigglypuff_FireRed_LeafGreen.png

Name:Jackson

Driver Class: Medium Mech

Personality:Smart, Charming, and more than willing to shoot your head off.

Background History: When he was a boy he was given his own mech. Soon after a group of aliens attacked his town. He tried but most of the people died. He then lead them on a quest to get to the city. He lead them across the country to get there. they lost many but babies were born and their group only slowly decreased. Once he got to the city they were moved into rehabilitation. He had lead them across the world and now was a young man. He then joined them military.

Appearance:

images

Extra:JigglyPuff

Character Skeleton

(I want good and detailed profiles. Minimum 2 lines)

Name: Dr. Mila Ciam

Military Category: Medical

Driver Class: (if you're not a driver leave this blank)

Personality: Mila is a sensitive and gentle doctor who treats everyone kindly. A bit of a hopeless romantic, Mila may seem like a lost little puppy, that puppy can bite your head off and leave you to die from blood loss in the hard cold rain. It takes a lot to wear away Mila's patience, but, he's known to have quite the temper when angered. Usually, Mila's very friendly and caring, sometimes he tends to act like a mother to a few people.....

Background History: As a child, Mila didn't have the strongest body and only survived because he came from a rich family that had enough money for his health care. Never getting out of the house, Mila spent his time reading many books. The human body always fascinated him, and so, Mila devoted himself to learn more about medical science. He wasn't able to go to school like normal children because of his physical ability and he fainted while driving to school, Mila was taught by tutors instead. Mila told his parents that he wanted to become a doctor and showed his dedication to the studies by telling them a little bit of what he knew, which was reciting a whole book. Mila's parents paid for him to go to Medical School early, at the age of 16, and he graduated with Honours. Seeing what was happening to the world, Mila joined the army, wanting to help defend the world from the aliens, but not by fighting. Oh, no. Mila didn't have the physical capability for that. Dr. Ciam would treat the injured and run monthly check ups on the soldiers, making sure that there weren't any problems with their bodies.

Appearance:
doctor.jpg

Extra: Jigglypuff... I do not own the picture!

Nope. Not yet. I already have my first post ready when we do though. :3

And sweet character. I got a feeling that John may be visiting Mila often. Haha.

My only question is why is there a dude hugging a cabbage? It's from Avatar I get that, it's just...I don't know...creepy.

Haha. Exactly the same thing that came through my mind when I saw the picture!

I say we should start now. I'm really antsy to get going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back