• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Typemoon: Holy Grail War - Fate/Grand Order RP

Stir

ヴィンテージスマイル
latest

Hiya everyone. So I am like a big fan of the Fate Series, especially the new game Grand Order. And was wondering if anyone was down for a Holy Grail War RP?

Basically, a Holy Grail War is like, when different Heroic Spirits are summoned to the modern world by Masters to fight for a wish upon the Holy Grail. These Masters are magi who use magecraft.

I understand that like, these types of RPs often fail during the planning stage or during the first few posts, I wanted to try something different. Instead this will accommodate any amount of players from 3 to 20 who can join at anytime; although it will not be jump-in.

So if anyone’s interested, I’d be really happy if you gave me like a hoot on this thread.

Fate/Demi

The Chaldea Security Organization.

A secret agency founded to prevent the certain extinction of the human race, by observing both the world unseen by magecraft as well as the world immeasurable by science.

Researchers from every field, both magical and mundane, were gathered under a single goal: to extend the reign of human history, above all else.

1950 AD. Phenomenon Recording Cyber-Daemon "LAPLACE" completed.

1990 AD. Pseudo Global Environment Model "CHALDEAS" completed.

1999 AD. Near-Future Observation Lens "SHIVA" completed.

2004 AD. Heroic Spirit Summoning System "FATE" completed.

2015 AD. Spiritual Computer "TRISMEGISTUS" completed.

With one promising success after another, Chaldea was able to guarantee the security of human history for the next hundred years.

However, in 2015...

The creator of SHIVA, Lev Reinol Flauros, committed suicide.

Having only lost their director a few years ago, and now an integral member of the organization, Chaldea is falling apart. The current director, Olga-Marie Animusphere, has put forth a plan to save Chaldea. Her plan?

In 2017 AD the sixth experiment, Human and Heroic Spirit Fusion “DEMI-SERVANT” will be achieved.

To achieve this Grand Order Chaldea has assembled and trained forty-eight Masters, humans who are compatible with fusing with a Servant to create something with is neither and both, a Demi-Servant.

You are one of these Masters.

After being flown to an artificial island you’re standing on your designated leyline, with a summoning circle drawn on the ground. You recall the two years you spent training at the Chaldea facility, all the hardships faced, all the relationships made, and you flip the switch on your magic circuit to prepare to summon a Heroic Spirit, the pinnacle of humanity.

Silver and iron to the origin. Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone. The ancestor is my great master Animusphere.

The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate.

Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill.

Repeat every five times.

Simply, shatter once filled.

With your circuits converting every bit of od and mana into magical energy, your senses are heightened so of course you feel the vibrating Chaldea-issue Phone in your pocket.

You try to ignore it and concentrate on the ritual. Even a tiny mistake may ruin a lifetime of work. But it doesn’t matter, because a voice rings out from your phone.

“The Holy Grail War Has Begun.”

What?

“Fight, kill so you may fulfill your wish.”

The earth below your feet starts to tremble and you know that you won’t be able to keep your footing for long.

You will

>Fight

>Give up

Fate/Demi

Timeline:

This RP is set 2 years after the events of Clocktower 2015 where Flarous saves humanity by committing suicide.

Players:

Any amount of players is fine, as long as it isn’t above 48 which is like way more than I can handle anyway. Players can also jump into the RP any time.

This will be a PVP roleplay and characters can die. There will be measures so that even if you’re dead you will be able to participate in the RP whether it is as a NPC or a new character.

You will be playing a Demi-Servant, a Master who has fused with their Servant. This is different from a Pseduo-Servant, what Waver is in Grand Order.

More details, rules, character creation, banlists, and a map will be supplied if there’s enough interest.

Premise:

You are a Master working for Chaldea. You are currently on an artificial island with 47 other Masters about to conduct the Sixth Chaldea Experiment. Instead you get a message that the Holy Grail War has begun. That if you kill enough Servants any wish of yours can be granted.

Will you continue to fight for Chaldea and help retrieve the Saint Graphs.

Or

Will you fight in the Grail War to fulfill your wish?

Familiarity:

Anyone can join, but it might be harder if you are unfamiliar with the franchise. It is in no way impossible to enjoy without knowledge of the series though.

This interest check will be held open for at least a week.

If you have any questions please ask.

Interested!

@GasMaskie

Do you maybe know if any of the others from the last RP are willing to participate in another grail war?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stir said:
latest

Hiya everyone. So I am like a big fan of the Fate Series, especially the new game Grand Order. And was wondering if anyone was down for a Holy Grail War RP?

Basically, a Holy Grail War is like, when different Heroic Spirits are summoned to the modern world by Masters to fight for a wish upon the Holy Grail. These Masters are magi who use magecraft.

I understand that like, these types of RPs often fail during the planning stage or during the first few posts, I wanted to try something different. Instead this will accommodate any amount of players from 3 to 20 who can join at anytime; although it will not be jump-in.

So if anyone’s interested, I’d be really happy if you gave me like a hoot on this thread.

Fate/Demi

The Chaldea Security Organization.

A secret agency founded to prevent the certain extinction of the human race, by observing both the world unseen by magecraft as well as the world immeasurable by science.

Researchers from every field, both magical and mundane, were gathered under a single goal: to extend the reign of human history, above all else.

1950 AD. Phenomenon Recording Cyber-Daemon "LAPLACE" completed.

1990 AD. Pseudo Global Environment Model "CHALDEAS" completed.

1999 AD. Near-Future Observation Lens "SHIVA" completed.

2004 AD. Heroic Spirit Summoning System "FATE" completed.

2015 AD. Spiritual Computer "TRISMEGISTUS" completed.

With one promising success after another, Chaldea was able to guarantee the security of human history for the next hundred years.

However, in 2015...

The creator of SHIVA, Lev Reinol Flauros, committed suicide.

Having only lost their director a few years ago, and now an integral member of the organization, Chaldea is falling apart. The current director, Olga-Marie Animusphere, has put forth a plan to save Chaldea. Her plan?

In 2017 AD the sixth experiment, Human and Heroic Spirit Fusion “DEMI-SERVANT” will be achieved.

To achieve this Grand Order Chaldea has assembled and trained forty-eight Masters, humans who are compatible with fusing with a Servant to create something with is neither and both, a Demi-Servant.

You are one of these Masters.

After being flown to an artificial island you’re standing on your designated leyline, with a summoning circle drawn on the ground. You recall the two years you spent training at the Chaldea facility, all the hardships faced, all the relationships made, and you flip the switch on your magic circuit to prepare to summon a Heroic Spirit, the pinnacle of humanity.

Silver and iron to the origin. Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone. The ancestor is my great master Animusphere.

The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate.

Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill.

Repeat every five times.

Simply, shatter once filled.

With your circuits converting every bit of od and mana into magical energy, your senses are heightened so of course you feel the vibrating Chaldea-issue Phone in your pocket.

You try to ignore it and concentrate on the ritual. Even a tiny mistake may ruin a lifetime of work. But it doesn’t matter, because a voice rings out from your phone.

“The Holy Grail War Has Begun.”

What?

“Fight, kill so you may fulfill your wish.”

The earth below your feet starts to tremble and you know that you won’t be able to keep your footing for long.

You will

>Fight

>Give up

Fate/Demi

Timeline:

This RP is set 2 years after the events of Clocktower 2015 where Flarous saves humanity by committing suicide.

Players:

Any amount of players is fine, as long as it isn’t above 48 which is like way more than I can handle anyway. Players can also jump into the RP any time.

This will be a PVP roleplay and characters can die. There will be measures so that even if you’re dead you will be able to participate in the RP whether it is as a NPC or a new character.

You will be playing a Demi-Servant, a Master who has fused with their Servant. This is different from a Pseduo-Servant, what Waver is in Grand Order.

More details, rules, character creation, banlists, and a map will be supplied if there’s enough interest.

Premise:

You are a Master working for Chaldea. You are currently on an artificial island with 47 other Masters about to conduct the Sixth Chaldea Experiment. Instead you get a message that the Holy Grail War has begun. That if you kill enough Servants any wish of yours can be granted.

Will you continue to fight for Chaldea and help retrieve the Saint Graphs.

Or

Will you fight in the Grail War to fulfill your wish?

Familiarity:

Anyone can join, but it might be harder if you are unfamiliar with the franchise. It is in no way impossible to enjoy without knowledge of the series though.

This interest check will be held open for at least a week.

If you have any questions please ask.
This does sound interesting, although I've only got knowledge of the anime series and none of the games.

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]This does sound interesting, although I've only got knowledge of the anime series and none of the games.

[/QUOTE]
You really don't need much knowledge. The GM is very accommodating and the RP itself is conducive towards not particularly needing tons of knowledge.

SunlitWorld said:
You really don't need much knowledge. The GM is very accommodating and the RP itself is conducive towards not particularly needing tons of knowledge.
Great! Count me in then!

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]This does sound interesting, although I've only got knowledge of the anime series and none of the games.

[/QUOTE]
Anime knowledge alone is fine, there's no way that everyone can read everything considering half of it is in a different language.

But, if you do have questions or concerns, I'd be happy to answer them, also I'm going to put questions on a FAQs/Complaints doc that I'm planning to have with this RP. Since well, it's good to have that stuff on file since if one person has a question, no doubt someone else will.

Sounds like fun. I'd be up for it, without a doubt!

Wow thanks your interest guys. This is going to be a pretty RP it seems.

[dice]23217[/dice]

GasMaskie said:
@White Masquerade
Now that Naruto's coming to a close, would you be interested in playing this? I don't remember the last time we had a Fate RP with Demi-Servants instead of Master-Servant pairs.
Demiservants make the hassle of having master servants nonexistent too so that'll be a nice plus

GasMaskie said:
@White Masquerade
Now that Naruto's coming to a close, would you be interested in playing this? I don't remember the last time we had a Fate RP with Demi-Servants instead of Master-Servant pairs.
I'll peek in until the thread is made, but Fate is one of the 2 Fandoms I don't like to do Freeform. I am too competitive for that =.

It also doesn't have the set end a normal competition does and I'm starting to prefer RPs that have a defined end.

Basically, I'll keep my eyes open on this, but no commitment

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]I'll peek in until the thread is made, but Fate is one of the 2 Fandoms I don't like to do Freeform. I am too competitive for that =\.
It also doesn't have the set end a normal competition does and I'm starting to prefer RPs that have a defined end.

Basically, I'll keep my eyes open on this, but no commitment

[/QUOTE]
That's fine.

Also as an fyi generally Grail Wars do all end in about 14 days. It's an in-universe time limit.

I think I'm going to start the signup/actual thread tomorrow.

But this is the type of RP where people can still get in if they want to after it begins.

So yeah, if you know anyone who might be interested, later or now let them know.

I had to give up on that game, after I did my duty as the avatar of the lancer class proud, and utterly failed all of my 80 or so rolls during the Accel/Zero event.

#AdventOfERankLuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back