Two Quick Questions/Opinions

Alabaster Anathema

Ok number one here

With Silken Armour i know it says it works with Martial Arts styles that forbid the use of Armour but...what about the charms that raise your soak levels but say its incomparable with armour do you still get the additional soak or does the charm just not function at all

Also what about Resistance charms that forbid the use of armour

two

Hearing the Unseen Word

is this charm completely broken? because the way it reads is that it literally trumps ALL attempts at stealth no matter how good you roll or how high of essence you possess...or does anyone here have a fix for it?

In regards to Silken Armor, the First Edition version specifically had it not count as armor at all, and so it worked with all other forms of armor, charms, Martial Arts, etc. The 2nd edition phrasing is a little more vague, but since it stacks with regular armor and is usable by Martial Artists (which is usually incompatible with armor), I'd say that helps describe the ability for it to stack with charms that normally disallow armor as well. If the ST feels otherwise about this, they could of course put a limit on this, maybe one of the Lunar charms that makes you grow armor would rip it to shreds if worn at the same time as the charm ala Hulk, as an example.

As for your 2nd question, I do not recognize the charm you mention, what type/whose is it and from what book?

Scroll of the Imperfected Lotus
Compassion Style

MA2 Essence 1

and after you read it hopefully you will see what im talking about
Ah, *that* book. It doesn't say it's a perfect effect, but it says they are 'aware of all entities and attacks from anyone within that range.', I'd rule that to mean that the MAist knows someone is there, and the general distance, but not the actual location. Also, just shoot said MAist from ambush out from 50 yards. They won't detect it.

Captain Hesperus

while obviously easy to get around from a distance i didnt know if maybe somewhere else someone had maybe fixed this charm since ya know..ANY attempt at an ambush withmelee and no matter what the charm would fail against this simple essence one charm

while obviously easy to get around from a distance i didnt know if maybe somewhere else someone had maybe fixed this charm since ya know..ANY attempt at an ambush withmelee and no matter what the charm would fail against this simple essence one charm
Send a Minion of Deadly Touch?

Captain Hesperus

It's Simple, not Reflexive or Permanent. So they have to have activated it in the same scene, prior to being ambushed, no? So, just jump 'em when they don't have it up?

With Silken Armour i know it says it works with Martial Arts styles that forbid the use of Armour but...what about the charms that raise your soak levels but say its incomparable with armour do you still get the additional soak or does the charm just not function at all
Also what about Resistance charms that forbid the use of armour
Technically, I suspect that because Silken armor is listed as armor, and so counts as armor except where the text explicitly says otherwise. More sensibly, if it can be worm with armor, then it seems reasonable that it can be worn with charms that preclude armor. In general I feel that Silken armor isn't well thought out.

Hearing the Unseen Word
is this charm completely broken? because the way it reads is that it literally trumps ALL attempts at stealth no matter how good you roll or how high of essence you possess...or does anyone here have a fix for it?
Charms that automatically negate mundane attempts at stealth/detection/tracking/lying are pretty common, even at the celestial level. It's a surpise negator, which pretty much all exalts have access to. Air Dragon's Sight, from Air Dragon Style, is very similar, right down to having a small blind spot. Now that I think about it, Dragonbloods have a scene-length surpise negator too.

Remember that use of a stealth charm will go to a roll-off, too. Charms of this sort only automatically defeat mundane stealth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back