• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

To Kill a Primordial - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Rolling to Declare Fact

Using Dead Insights to take a specialty in Lethe and applying World-Lore Consumption. Dead Insights grants X non-charm successes where X is the number of Skull Diary skulls she has, max 5. It's up to you how many skulls she can plausibly have acquired by Essence 2. 3, maybe? World-Lore Consumption adds Essence non-Charm successes.

Full Excellency, peripheral so she starts bleeding and her anima glows.

Lore 5 + Int 5 + Specialty 1 + Excellency 10 + Stunt 2 = 23 dice + 3-7 non-Charm successes

23 successes, so 26-30 successes total. The Neverborn concur, I think.

Satisfied, she turns back to the matter at hand. "You will be most pleased to learn, fair Knight, there is an entire land filled with Primordials for you to slay, and I shall happily take you there any time you request it that I may enjoy watching you generously bequeath your Exaltation to the next generation," she observes drily.
The Knight rolls his artifact eye at the words of his colleague but a look of light indignation crossed his face.

“Why my sister in darkness! Why the lack of faith? Why the limited ambition? It can be done with time and ingenuity. Such was the original sin of the lawgivers before the baptism of there exaltations. You even acknowledge that the great makers carefully laid plans and creation can be broken. Breaking his cycle of souls is one step among many.”

"I will grant with enough incarnations you will eventually kill anything you collectively set your minds to, as the lawgivers proved. I, however, have ambitions to succeed without dying again. The first time proved quite a boon to my work, the second I think will be much less so."

“Then we’ll be careful about it. Know the enemies weakness, ensure their strengths can’t be used. Cut of his support and take there heads. We just play the long game, the death of primordial is an opportunity to great to pass up.”

The Dark Lady laughs, saying, “We have much to learn about these people end where they come from before we can set any concrete plan into motion. While I would celebrate the death of another Primordial, doing so must be done with caution so our own existences are not cut short. I will interrogate our two guests, and as for the rest of you, prepare yourselves for a journey. Make contact with these invaders and find out where their portal to their home is and use it to gather intelligence on how they live and work. Just infecting one person will do us no good. We have to make the death toll on an epic scale in order to create new shadowlands and try to connect them with us in a place where we can best capitalize on them. “

Deathbringer listened to his fellow deathknights as they wavered between stubborn practicality and salivating at the opportunity to seed a new plane with the blessings of their patrons.

He turned to his armor clad brethren. "Yes, to make our way into the wayward brother of our slumbering tomb-gods would provide ample opportunities for advancing our agendas, preaching the chivalry of death to those currently blind to it, or indulging in-" the puissant Abyssal paused for a second, his mask-covered gaze briefly focusing on Hunger Clad in Eight Broken Chains, "certain predilections."

He raised a gloved hand towards Scion, "but as it has been pointed out, it would behoove us to tread carefully in our attempt. Perhaps keep our presence to the shadows for now, lest our prey learn too much about us and call upon contingencies built by the Great Maker himself. If my histories have taught me anything about him, it seems he would be the kind to plan for every known obstacle, regardless how outlandish it appears. I must assume his mystery Chosen are of a similar mindset."

The Dark Lady laughs, saying, “We have much to learn about these people end where they come from before we can set any concrete plan into motion. While I would celebrate the death of another Primordial, doing so must be done with caution so our own existences are not cut short. I will interrogate our two guests, and as for the rest of you, prepare yourselves for a journey. Make contact with these invaders and find out where their portal to their home is and use it to gather intelligence on how they live and work. Just infecting one person will do us no good. We have to make the death toll on an epic scale in order to create new shadowlands and try to connect them with us in a place where we can best capitalize on them. “
Deathbringer nods in deference to his dark liege, and without another word he makes his way back out of the throne room to confer with his waiting priests. There was much to do, and so little time to do it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back