Things you just noticed about KoC

LaFreeze

3rd Soul of Kimbery
The guy from page 203 who warns Ten-Winds is one of the people in line to apply to join with Misho all the way back on page 1. :shock: I had always assumed that guy was a Lunar as the Lion Lunar is seen apply to join but wasn't shown in line and likewise spy guy here is shown in line but never gets an interview.

Yeah, I only got that when I read the TvTropes article about KoC. Even then, it took me quite a while to get it.

Synapse said:
That siddie also sold them the horse from #108.
Damn, all this time I thought it was odd that a horse seller just happened to show up in the middle of the Bordermarches hoping to sell horses, but I never realized why.

Besides page 1 and page 203, that guy with the yellow eyes also appears on page 126, page 257, and page 269. I was sure he also appeared somewhere else behind a bar, but I can't find the page anywhere.

There's also the mysterious red-ish speech bubble on page 62 that came out of nowhere and doesn't match anyone's speech bubbles anywhere in the comic archives.

I figured that was just the effects of Ten's emergency UMI charm. But now that I look at it...suspicious! =O

LaFreeze said:
Yesh! You people are too good for me! I totally missed his other appearances.
Yeah' date=' Sidereals are like that.[/quote']
It's really hard to determine where a Sidereal is, and where they are headed.

Dare I say that they're......

Quantum Exalted? 8)

1. Yellowsid totally got an interview at the very beginning of the comic. He told us his backstory, why he wanted to join with the party, everything. Then we forgot all about it.

2. Redsid is, I suspect, the red voice which we've been attributing to Ten. The color matches, and given her apparent connection to Yellowsid, who is closely following our heroes, it seems she's masterminding their quest from behind the scenes. Makes sense for her to bail them out of an exploding manse. Especially if she (like everyone with taste) still has the hots for Ten.

3. Greensid is obviously Ten's father. He's Bronze Faction and works with the Wyld Hunt...which serves the Scarlet EMPIRE. Ten has been trained in ancient secret magic martial arts and is rebelling against the empire in the service of the ancient order of magic-people the empire (well, the dragonbloods, anyway...) overthrew. Ten does not know Greensid is his father. Someday, Greensid will explain things and then cut off Ten's hand.

4. Purple Sid saved the poor mook's life for two reasons. The first is that he's a nice guy: if you're an Endings, you know that peaceful endings are generally preferable to painful ones, and a lot of your charmset revolves around delivering humane euthanasia. You've studied medicine, and curing the sick to prevent unscheduled endings. The second reason is that, if you're an Endings, you're generally on the front lines against the Underworld. This means fighting Abyssals, and a void-arrow kill one of YOUR mooks is like a professional insult. It is not to be tolerated.

5. As a Sid, you should keep as many of your mooks (and when I say "mooks" what I really mean is "Shadow Fingers," if you're a REAL Sid) from getting killed. Not only does it preserve useful tools, but it saves you a TON of paperwork.

6. Purplesid's hair is PERFECT. Therefore, I suspect that he is, in fact, a werewolf.

2. Redsid is' date=' I suspect, the red voice which we've been attributing to Ten. The color matches, and given her apparent connection to Yellowsid, who is closely following our heroes, it seems she's masterminding their quest from behind the scenes. Makes sense for her to bail them out of an exploding manse. Especially if she (like everyone with taste) still has the hots for Ten.[/quote']
Nemen Yi? But wasn't she surprised when she learned Ten was with the group?

Anyway, my turn...

Someone mentioned that Misho and the Twins were rather famous in Yu Shan. Misho proably wouldnt be known to most DB for various reasons, but Marena and Karen, the daughters of the queen of an (if I recall) important town for the Immaculate Order.

The daughters, of a god-blooded. WHO BOTH BECAME ANATHEMA. That has got to hurt your personal record.

2. Redsid is' date=' I suspect, the red voice which we've been attributing to Ten. The color matches, and given her apparent connection to Yellowsid, who is closely following our heroes, it seems she's masterminding their quest from behind the scenes. Makes sense for her to bail them out of an exploding manse. Especially if she (like everyone with taste) still has the hots for Ten.[/quote']
Nemen Yi? But wasn't she surprised when she learned Ten was with the group?

Anyway, my turn...

Someone mentioned that Misho and the Twins were rather famous in Yu Shan. Misho proably wouldnt be known to most DB for various reasons, but Marena and Karen, the daughters of the queen of an (if I recall) important town for the Immaculate Order.

The daughters, of a god-blooded. WHO BOTH BECAME ANATHEMA. That has got to hurt your personal record.
How so? Does the realm judge you on how many Anathema you produce?

Oh found another appearance of yellow on page 183, it is getting to be like a Where's Waldo game.

LaFreeze said:
If Anathema are people of poor virtue, and both your children turn into them... You probably wouldn't get kicked from your position or anything, but the Immaculates would probably look at you funny (If a DYNAST child exalted anything but Sidreal, then flames would fly). Add to that the fact that their mother is a God-Blooded... though we don't know if they know that yet.

LaFreeze said:
If Anathema are people of poor virtue, and both your children turn into them... You probably wouldn't get kicked from your position or anything, but the Immaculates would probably look at you funny (If a DYNAST child exalted anything but Sidreal, then flames would fly). Add to that the fact that their mother is a God-Blooded... though we don't know if they know that yet.
Anathema are, as I understand it, not people of poor virtue in the realms view but rather they are people essentially possessed by demons so virtue doesn't really enter into it. And actually 99% of people in the realm consider Sidreals more Anathema since they don't even know what a Sidreal really is. It was mentioned in fact that on occasions when their is an unexpected death due to an Abyssal or something that the Wyld hunt will often find and kill a newly Exalted Sidreal just like any other non-terrestrial Exalted.

LaFreeze said:
Anathema are' date=' as I understand it, not people of poor virtue in the realms view but rather they are people essentially possessed by demons so virtue doesn't really enter into it. And actually 99% of people in the realm consider Sidreals more Anathema since they don't even know what a Sidreal really is. It was mentioned in fact that on occasions when their is an unexpected death due to an Abyssal or something that the Wyld hunt will often find and kill a newly Exalted Sidreal just like any other non-terrestrial Exalted.[/quote']
But a Sidreal, especially one who Exalted on the Isle, also would gain possibly the support of the Bronze Faction, who can pull more than their fair share of strings and save the related family (if said family is important) from disgrace.

And they view Anathema as selfish people/daemons who reject the Elemental Dragons, while Dragon Blooded would be enlightened. More of Anathema possessing those of poor virtue because they can, because those loyal to the Dragon Blooded are too pious in nature.

Oh yeah O.o In 323 she was using a skirt and knee-high boots instead. It's probably because of the training. Or Ten Winds.

Synapse said:
Oh yeah O.o In 323 she was using a skirt and knee-high boots instead. It's probably because of the training. Or Ten Winds.
Ten Winds did praise the use of pants in the past to Secret.

I see what you did there.

(Hi, I'm from the MSPA forums... I was just catching up on KoC and I noticed this. Thought I may as well point it out.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back