Things RpN Members are not allowed to do in tabletop games

I think Kender are one of those races that can be very disruptive to a gain if played properly. As a party, there has to be a level of tolerance or adaptation to that play style. It can be very fun to play, but can be frustrating to the party.

That said, it depends on your DM. If your DM is a hard case, he can make the kender's actions very difficult for the party members. If your DM is a little loose, it can be a very rewarding experience. My DM was a bit of a hard case. He forced the players to deal with every issue I brought in. He gave them reward,but they were a bit backhanded. Sometimes, it hard enough to deal with the problems the DM gives to players, having a party member heap on a little bit more can be frustrating.

Weird. It works for me.

I've always kind of wanted to play a Kender that uses the popular perception of the race as not having a concept of personal ownership to mask the fact that he's actually stealing shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]Weird. It works for me.
I've always kind of wanted to play a Kender that uses the popular perception of the race as not having a concept of personal ownership to mask the fact that he's actually stealing shit.

[/QUOTE]
Well their favored class is always Thief/Rogue/etc.

And to be honest, my Kender was also in a party of a Centaur and a Tinker Gnome. So take that as you will in regards to the DMs style. :D

(It was a regular occurrence for the centaur to huff miserably, declare he was done with us, and then run away with me holding onto his tail going "YAY PONY RIDE!")

I am no longer allowed to play a perverted gnome, using my perverted gnome voice. I'm not even allowed to use the voice. Ever.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]

- Murdering and impersonating a woman's husband for seven years of blissful marriage before revealing my true form and nature while she is in labor with our first child is not "appropriate retribution" for her giving me incorrect change. No, not even if I'm an Infernal.

[/QUOTE]
No, but this is grounds for trying for a promotion.

As for playing kender...

I'm allowed to, but I'm not allowed to let a kender say yes to 'do you want my job' from a god ever again.

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]I am no longer allowed to play a perverted gnome, using my perverted gnome voice. I'm not even allowed to use the voice. Ever.

[/QUOTE]
Tninickerlum??

[QUOTE="Flowing Ink Words]

I'm allowed to, but I'm not allowed to let a kender say yes to 'do you want my job' from a god ever again.

[/QUOTE]
I'm morbidly curious as to what series of events lead up to this moment, as well as what the consequences were afterward.

I assume a moderate to large amount of alcohol was involved among the players/GM at some point.

JayTee said:
I'm morbidly curious as to what series of events lead up to this moment, as well as what the consequences were afterward.
I assume a moderate to large amount of alcohol was involved among the players/GM at some point.
Well... no not really. The chain of events was rather epic. I was, admitedly, back in high school at the time. And we went through, due to people moving, an insane number of DMs in my first year of RPGing. Started in 2nd AD&D kender, translated that to Big Eyes, Small Mouth (and met the Sailor Moon cast), got sucked into RiFTs (with a side of Macross), and finally got spat back out in Dragonlance, D&D3.0 style... I translated the character across each time instead of rolling new. Which in the end... lead me to having a kender mage who taunted one of the pantheon with "I could do your job better then this!"

The rest, you could say, is history.

Huh, I'm kinda doing something similar with a character of my own. Quantum-leap characters are fun ;)

All of these are from my offline "Wizard Campaign" in D&D.

I'm not allowed to engage in sexual intercourse.

I'm not allowed to use "laying down on the ground" as a tactic in combat.

I'm not allowed to touch anything remotely magical (doors, staffs, orbs, books, stuff!)

I'm not allowed to get naked (though I personally feel this doesn't stop me!)

I'm not allowed to negotiate.

I'm not allowed to speak to people of authority.

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]I am no longer allowed to play a perverted gnome, using my perverted gnome voice. I'm not even allowed to use the voice. Ever.

[/QUOTE]
I think your gnome and my dwarf should meet sometime!

WH40K Black Crusade:

- Firstly: I'm not allowed to use my powers as a Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer to combat cannon fodder.

- Secondly: I'm not allowed to do this repeatedly.

- Thirdly: I'm not allowed to cause a Peril of the Warp and accidentally summon a Khorne Bloodletter. Specifically not when it results in a TPK.

- I'm not allowed to kill the near-Space Marine-strength mutant gang leader on a hostile world single-handedly, no matter how cool it makes my Word Bearer Champion look.

- Especially not when we had allied with him.

- Especially not when he's the only one strong enough to hold the other gang leader at bay.

- Especially not when we were supposed to ally with the other gang leader against him.

- Especially not when we've already killed several of the other's men.

It's not so much of a thing I'm not allowed to do, but I should probably take a break from playing so many characters from a religious background.

A few things I'm not permitted to do;

Vampire - Masquerade;

• I am not allowed to play Tremere Harpies - within a session I had numerous individuals on the way to being blood-bonded to me, I had a notable set of boons from minor through the life/blood boons and I'd managed to secure the most lucrative hunting grounds in regards mortals, influence and income.
  • I am expressly forbidden from playing Assamite Antitribu as wiping out half the Camarilla power players in a single night is apparently "Disruptive".
  • I am likewise not allowed to play a Tzimisce as I managed to not only gross-out the ST and other players, but my blood requirements went to almost nothing due to some exceptional rolls and astounding luck when creating my fleshy wonders.

Exalted;

• I'm not allowed to summon demons for "shits and giggles" despite having very good reason to do so. The quote was the ST not liking why I was summoning them.
  • Apparently thrown skill charms don't work with the severed heads of the enemy. Even when it's thrown. The other players argued the charms should and the ST relented but didn't like the outcome. Killing the 2nd in command of an army using the head of the original commander and then bellowing "NEXT!" has a demoralizing effect on the force. They defected to me and wasn't in the ST's original plan for the scene.
  • I am not allowed to have a pet Behemoth cthulhu-esq creature and call him Squiggles. Apparently it's "silly" and "lowers the serious tone" of the game.
  • I am not allowed to play a Lunar who attempts to take over the Realm in order to play match-maker with the Terrestrials in order to try and breed out Dragon-blooded Exaltations. I got so close to doing it!
  • When playing an Earth Aspected former Immaculate I am banned for using the words "I", "will", "make", "Mnemon", "my" and "bitch" in a sentence. Especially in her presence. Most definitely whilst not ignoring her and pretending she wasn't there. Doubly so when my Solar sponsor and master, another PC, is stood next to me and then has to smooth things over before a full on magic battle kicks off.
  • The Guild are not a toy and I shouldn't play with them even if my Zenith Solar dislikes them.
  • Regardless of how uncouth my Northern barbarian was I apparently should not describe the Lintha as "blue skinned aqua-smurf mother-fuckers" to Kimbery when we venture to Malfeas.
  • Same barbarian must not refer to Haltans as "Tree-hugging bouncy bastards who interfere with animals." It leads to wars. Apparently.
  • When playing a Solar who really doesn't like being one of the Anathema and was still very much brainwashed by the Immaculate philosophy I must not tell, when summoned to Yu-Shan, the Unconquered Sun and Lytek to "Jog on" when they being to tell me I must live up to the Solar Exaltation I possess. It's seen as a little disrespectful even if taken in good humour.
  • Mountains are not "improvised weapons" and I must not use them as such even with an awesome stunt.
  • Autochton is not a big "space cog" and Alchemicals don't like him being called that.
  • The Games of Divinity are a touchy subject and I'm not allowed to play a move then yawn IC after passing every test the ST could throw at me to get me addicted short of rail-roading the character then shooting finger guns at the five maidens and winking whilst asking for a seduction role. (In my defense I was playing a Zenith with just about every social charm, every survival, resistance and defence type charm and was playing a move at the personal invitation of the Unconquered Sun - after making my move I passed a series of many roles with a large margin of success each time - the ST could only interpret that I simply wasn't impressed nor moved by the GoD and the move I'd made. He said I must've been distracted by the five maidens ... I took it from there.)
  • So, so, so many other things....

Fading Suns

• I am no longer allowed to play social scraver Ur artifact dealers. After carousing, seducing and lying my way through the entire cost of NPCs and other sundry NPC types to get what I wanted I managed to screw-over the crew, convince them I hadn't, do it again, liberally BS them that I had in fact been a double-double-double agent type and managed to flip-flop and juggle several Guilds, Noble houses, Church Sects and very powerful individuals. The escapades of my Scraver breached the 4th wall in the form of an STD/STI called "Scravvers" that now appears in any game where I play a social-heavy character.
  • I am not permitted to play a Vorox Commando with a fetish for fully automatic shotguns. When you're strong enough to use them single handed and have four arms most things get pulverized within seconds of disagreeing with aforementioned alien.
  • I am not allowed to play a sugar/candy addicted Gannok pacifist weapon-smith (From a famous family of weaponsmiths but my character only made non-lethal weapons.) . Despite being cute, awesome, super-useful and adorable while winning hearts and minds with my simian shenanigans, tricks with foaming blue sherbert and general talking like a lolcat things shouldn't always degenerate into a circus.

Aberrant

• Banned from playing social characters. The GM at one point stopped the game and turned to me with a warning; "Stop winning." I wasn't aware there was a way to "win" an RPG. Apparently I'd found out how and was excessively good at it. Perhaps getting Divis Mal to worship my character had something to with it.

Rolemaster

• Many moons ago - I was banned from going near pianos IC by other characters as I always managed to find a way to kill people with them (Dropping them, ramping them off things, tipping them on people, turning them into demon summoning magical items etc.)

World of Darkness: I'm not allowed to make a mortal who ends up the Herald for the local Carmilla Prince without being ghouled... mostly by method of introducing the first two 'young licks' who doubted him to WP rounds and using their ashes to fill a small clay jar that was then used as a pen holder.

Ron Paul is not in the D&D cosmology and is an inappropriate choice for a patron god.

I will no longer put more points in strength than intelligence when playing a non-warpriest.

No matter how effective they might be, punches don't grant bonuses to intimidation checks.

The appropriate course of action when asked by the mayor of a town to find and kill a secret vampire is not run around beating people with "Google Ron Paul" flyers.

Do not throw the halfling at the ogre.

Beer is not holy and cannot be sanctified no matter what the dice say.

- I may not sexually exploit deities

- I may not commit deicide or regicide because my character "feels like it".

- I may not commit deicide or regicide because I feel like it.

- I may not intentionally design a character capable of doing more damage with literally any object than most martial classes do with a single weapon they've overspecialized in

- I may not make a character capable of one-shotting Orcus by level 10.

- I may not buy a planet.

- I may not be allowed to speak about 4th Edition D&D

- I may not be allowed near Minion Creation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back